carolannjeanette

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: carolannjeanette

Postby carolannjeanette » December 20th, 2009, 6:19 pm

The way I lost the weight last time was with 100% shakes. I usually say I did 6/0, I did not want to get crap from people for saying what I really did. I guess I got used to defending using MF. The truth is that I did it through my doctor's office, with weekly doctor visits, and he had me do 5 shakes per day and 14 glasses of water per day. I lost the weight and kept it off for several years until I became pregnant. I never heard of doing 6 shakes per day until I came to this forum.

I have many failed re-starts. My circumstances have changed, I am a single mom and work a demanding job. When I was successful on 5 shakes a day, I did not have a kid and I had a lot less stress in my life in other areas as well. So now that I don't feel I can do 100% shakes this time around, I ordered 2 weeks supply of MF meals and shakes.

the part I am confused about is the lean and green. for reasons I won't go into right now, doing one lean and green meal per day is not going to work. My plan was to do six MF meals/shakes per day with the following plan: oatmeal, shake, soup, bar, shake, pudding. However, I saw somewhere it said that you should not replace the lean and green w/o doctor's approval. Well, this time around I don't have the financial resources to do it under doctor's supervision.

I am wondering that since I know my body can successfully handle 5/0, then there should be no problem in doing the aforementioned six MF meals/shakes per day. Unfortunately I don't have the financial resourced to use a MF health advisor either.

My shipment should arrive in about a week. I have some deciding to do. Chances are I will probably go ahead and do the 6 MF per day unless I hear that it really is detremental to my health.
carolannjeanette
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Tawanda » December 20th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Hello. Welcome back. I'm a bit confused, you mentioned not being able to afford a health advisor? There is no charge to us to have the assistance of a health advisor. I believe they are paid via a percentage of what we order. Our cost for the products is the same whether we have the assistance of a health advisor or if we are doing the program alone.

I have no training to help you in making a decision about 5-1 versus 6-0. I would take advantage of the 800 number here, or included in your MF order, to ask for help in understanding what the pros and cons of doing the 6-0 would be.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby carolannjeanette » December 20th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Wow, I didn't realize the health advisor came free. Well, I will be figuring out how to contact the health advisor this week. thanks!
carolannjeanette

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 21st, 2009, 9:17 pm

I have been going through a doctor's office, but if you ever want advice or support, please ask!The L&G is very doable, since you are so busy I wouldn't skip the L&G in lieu of 6 supplements, you are going to get too hungry and since you aren't going to the doctor it may be easier to "cheat". I know that being a single parent is super stressful, so let the board know how to help you out!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby carolannjeanette » December 27th, 2009, 12:54 am

My MF products arrived today! I sampled the smores bars, but I won't try the rest becasue I don't want to waste them. My start date is in the end of January because that is the soonest I can take an entire week off of work. I know myself well enough to know that the first week I need to be in a controlled environment, and the best place for this controlled environment is my own home. I will do a thourough clean out of my kitchen before I start.

I am getting excited, nervous, and relived. Excited to start to lose the weight. Anxious about not having the fat to keep me protected and safe from letting others in. Relieved to know that I will finally be living healthy.
carolannjeanette

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 28th, 2009, 4:07 pm

I LOVE the smores bars-I have to restrain myself to not eat more than one. I find that when I am at home I do the worst.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to My Journal