carolannjeanette

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 8:41 am

Yippie, this morning is day 3!!! I made it. Although I am happy I made it through the first two days, I am scared I am not going to be successful. I really don't understand why I am so scared I am going to fail. I can't understand where this thinking in coming from, I just know that I see myself failing. Maybe that is because I have had several attempts to restart in the last few months, all unsuccessful, none of ther restarts have lasted more than one week. I think once I make it to two weeks I will feel much better. I am going to try to just woryy about doing MF for today only and hopefully I can keep my focus on today only.

Today is day three and I know I can get through it.

My son is out of milk and juice. I have to go to the store today. I really don't want to go to the store, too many temptations.

I wonder if there is something I can do to visiualize myself being successful this time around instead of seeing myself failing.
carolannjeanette
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 1st, 2008, 9:21 am

carolannjeanette wrote:

I wonder if there is something I can do to visiualize myself being successful this time around instead of seeing myself failing.

you have answered your own question, girlie!!! Yes, there is something you can do to visualize yourself being succesful...visualize yourself being successful! It seems that a big prblem you are going to have is negative thinking. First, try to change your thought process to positive. You have it in your head that you are a failure at MF, so you expect to fail. Try to think of it as you only fail when you stop trying. You are giving MF (and yourself) another chance, you have not failed. You may have fallen off the MF wagon before but you are now back on that is not failure, that is a success. Take it hour by hour. Stop being sooo hard on yourself. There are many temptations throughout our lives, there always will be. Give yourself a chance to change your mindset and your goal is another success waiting to happen! Try concentrating on how hard the first 2 compliant days have been for you. You are now on day 3, you don't want to do anything to force you to go thru days 1 and 2 again. It DOES get easier. Give it a chance, soon you'll realize that it becomes almost second nature. I'm not saying that you will not hit hard times again but you will be able to look back on your progress and keep pushing along. Good luck on your grocery store trip.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » January 1st, 2008, 10:19 am

May I suggest an EXCELLENT book? Peter McWilliams wrote a wonderful book titled 'You can't afford the luxury of a negative thought'. I LOVE the book and I think it can really help you overcome your negative thoughts/thinking.

I've recently discovered that all of Peter's books are online - FOR FREE. Sure, you can buy a copy from Amazon but you can also read it online for free, if you wish. You'll find the book I mentioned here:

<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>

And cause I'm sure the link will go away, try replacing DOT below with a period:

wwwDOTmcwilliamsDOTcom/books/books/lux/

Good luck with day 3!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » January 1st, 2008, 12:47 pm

Something that I have found helpful is making lists. I have a few - one is the top 10 things I hate about being fat. Another is what I will be able to do when I am thin that I can't do now. Another is a list of non-food related items that I can use as rewards for reaching mini goals and the last is that list of mini goals. I have to lose over 100 pounds to reach my goal weight and that was a very intimidating goal so I broke it down. At first I just rewarded myself for staying on plan. After a couple of weeks the program just became second nature to me so I had to set other goals. They are not all weight related either, some are size related since weight and size don't always go hand in hand. I actually rely more on the sizing of my clothing and how things fit than I do on the scale. Unlike a few that I won't mention (Ovary chick - a self-proclaimed scale whore) that get all flustered when the scale won't cooperate, I look for vicotories elsewhere.

I have also found it helpful to have a couple of people that I am accountable to. The forum is nice, but I do have a more "intimate" relationship with a couple of people on and off line that help me through difficult times. We know it is safe to tell each other when we goof or when we are having a tough time. We also are not afraid to practice some tough love now and then either. Let me know if you are interested in joining us.

Blessings to you in 2008!!!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2008, 1:13 pm

Remember that we are here for you. Remember all the people who are changing their lives right along with you or have already reached goal. We aren't people on a commercial, we are real people and Medifast has worked for us just like it can work for you. Some of us haven't been been able to lose our weight with perfect compliance. I am one of them but I can tell you that except when I was in the hospital for a week I never was off plan for more than 20 minutes. I didn't say-oh well, I messed up-let me eat what I want until I restart tomorrow. I got right back on the horse. Yes it took me a long time but I lost over 121 pounds in a year and 5 months. (I am including my WW loss and time in there.) I did it the hard way but you don't have to! We have people like Joleen who did it perfectly and people like Kym who still have a way to go but are doing it with perfect compliance. Great examples. Congrats on 3 days -what a great way to start the New Year! 5-1-water and patience. You can't go wrong. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 4:58 pm

I am hanging in here. This afternoon has been tough. I have some serious cravings, not for sugar, but for food! I want to eat my son's snacks and fill up on them and get that full feeling in my stomach! I want to feel over-stuffed!

I had an extra shake, and I am commited to getting through today. Doing MF after today is just beyond me, how I am going to get through it and all, but I am going to try to stay focused in the moment.
carolannjeanette

Postby lifelovinaries » January 1st, 2008, 5:03 pm

IMHO, medifast teaches us to "eat to live, not live to eat" we all have to let go of that "wanting to feel full" sensation and simply learn to ENJOY the "i feel satisfied" feeling. We know that the "stuffed feeling" is not healthy and it has gotten us to the point where we began MF (at least for many of us, this holds true). Concentrate on learning the difference between the feeling of actual hunger and wanting to snack. Once you have differentiated these two feelings, you feel more in control. Keep at it! Go to bed early if you have to. Here we gotta do what we gotta do to get to the finish line.

lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » January 1st, 2008, 5:05 pm

IMHO, medifast teaches us to "eat to live, not live to eat" we all have to let go of that "wanting to feel full" sensation and simply learn to ENJOY the "i feel satisfied" feeling. We know that the "stuffed feeling" is not healthy and it has gotten us to the point where we began MF (at least for many of us, this holds true). Concentrate on learning the difference between the feeling of actual hunger and wanting to snack. Once you have differentiated these two feelings, you feel more in control. Keep at it! Go to bed early if you have to. Here we gotta do what we gotta do to get to the finish line.

lifelovinaries

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 5:11 pm

"eat to live, not live to eat"

I like that saying. I am having a food craving right now so I am trying to pay attention to my body and see if it is a real craving or just a snacky craving, and of course, it is a snacky/bored craving. Plus, I just fed my son and am jealous that he gets to eat and I don't (I'm not seriously jealous of my son).
carolannjeanette

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 5:27 pm

Crud, I just ate! After all I just wrote, and everything I tired to tell myself, I ate. I wasn't planning on it. I gave my son some golfish crackers and without any impulse control, I put 3 in my mouth. They were yummy, I wanted more, I had more, I had about 2 handfulls! I want more! And because I feel like I blew, I was starting to tell myself to just go for it and binge, and re-start tomorrow. But then I remembered what, I think it was Biki said, about going off the plan for no more than 20 minutes. I need to get rid of this mentality that if I blow then it is a free for all with eating!

Maybe I should try that 5/1 thing. I hear others talk about it, I don't really get. I have been doing 1000% shakes. I lost 60 pounds before on 100% shakes, I went to the doctor's once a week, and once I lost the weight I kept it off, until I became pregnant.

What to do, I don't know!!!!!!

I know I am not giving up, and I know that I am not going to the store to get candy like I would have in the past if I blew it!

I wonder if eating two handfulls of goldfish crackers takes me off of ketosis??????
carolannjeanette

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 5:45 pm

Okay, I have to tell on myself. I really want to get better, I want to loose this weight, I want more of an active life, i want to get back into skydiving! I don't want to give in.

I am a bit obseesive because now I have gone and eaten even more goldfish crackers, and then I had a bowl of cheerios to accompany them. I am trying my hardest to not go to the store and get junk food.

Day 3 sucks for me! I am not doing well at all.

I didn't want to say how I went back and ate more, and also had cheerios, but there's a saying: you're as sick as your secrets.

There, so I got it out.
carolannjeanette

Postby carolannjeanette » January 1st, 2008, 5:46 pm

gosh, now I hate myself for this. I feel like a total looser! I feel like I completely blew it and I am not going to make it, like I am never going to loose the weight!

I am extremly disappointed in myself and feel totally defeated!
carolannjeanette

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2008, 5:54 pm

carolannjeanette wrote:gosh, now I hate myself for this. I feel like a total looser! I feel like I completely blew it and I am not going to make it, like I am never going to loose the weight!

I am extremly disappointed in myself and feel totally defeated!

All that self-hate and self-pity is is just your brain's excuse for rationalizing more binging. Just tell it NO, drink a ton of water and get back on the program. NOW.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby lifelovinaries » January 10th, 2008, 8:39 pm

I just wanted to check in on you. I hope you were able to defeat your thoughts and get back on program. We all struggle from time to time. There's no shame to that. We sometimes disappoint ourselves but we are only defeated when we give up! Hope all is well.

lifelovinaries

Postby rodeomom » January 14th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Just wondering where you are buddy. Hope you aren't letting your little oops getcha down. Come on back and let us know how you are doing.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal