It is currently May 18th, 2024, 11:55 pm

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

My First REAL Walk in Many Years!

Hi, Everyone!!! I hope all of you are sharing in this beautiful sunshine today. We, in Ohio, are totally ready to be done with SNOW!

Today I had an amazing experience. Over the past two years I have had both of my knees replaced. Thanks to my new knees AND the Medifast program AND all of the support that comes from great people like ya'll who regularly visit here, I have lost 20# at last ...
Read more : My First REAL Walk in Many Years! | Views : 553 | Replies : 3

Bikram Yoga

Hello esteemed forum members,
Has anyone done Bikram Yoga while on MF? It's one of my favorite things in the world -- (yep, I'm one of those weirdo Californian's). I am concerned that we are not eating enough calories to endure this for 90 minutes. Does anyone have any input on this?
Read more : Bikram Yoga | Views : 1486 | Replies : 11

Pilates or Weights? HELP!

All...I notice that a lot of you are into pilates in conjunction with the MF program. ALthough its 3 weeks till I can exercise, I want to be ready! I found a tape online called Pilates for Weight Loss. Is this appropropriate? Also, I already have a Lose Weight with Weight tape. What about that? I just don't want to do the wrong thing and not lose anymore. Which do is the suggestion of the ...
Read more : Pilates or Weights? HELP! | Views : 732 | Replies : 11

Fun while Exercising I PROMISE!

Hi All!
I bought a great exercise dvd!
It is by The "Crunch Workouts" and it is Cardio Salsa!
I bought it at WalMart for $9.99 and it is super fun if you like to dance to a great beat!
It is tough though and I have only made it through 20 minutes or so each time I tried it, but had a blast while doing it!
It starts out with a nice slow warm-up ...
Read more : Fun while Exercising I PROMISE! | Views : 818 | Replies : 8

SOO Confused..

Hi there, I am now on day three of MF. No problems to report really. Not feeling hungry or anything. I have however taken aerobics classes on day1 and day2. Please don't yell @ me!! Nancy told me you would!! :cry: Ok, here's my real problem.. I have been admonished to not work out, and as much as I like the sound of it, ...
Read more : SOO Confused.. | Views : 1034 | Replies : 5

20 Reasons to Exercise

(I got this in an email today from a weightloss website)

Regular exercise can...

1. Help you lose weight, especially fat
2. Improve your physical appearance
3. Increase your level of muscular strength and endurance
4. Maintain your resting metabolic rate to prevent weight gain
5. Increase your stamina and ability to do continuous work
6. Improve fitness levels, or your body's ability to use oxygen
7. Provide protection against injury
8. Improve your balance ...
Read more : 20 Reasons to Exercise | Views : 691 | Replies : 4

Body Fat Measurement and BMI

I've decided that I need to add weight training to my exercise plan so I went down to the fitness center where I work last week and had them help me put together a program. When I asked how I would measure my progress, the woman asked if I had had my body fat percentage measured recently. I said I had never actually had it measured. We made an appointment to do it today.

I ...
Read more : Body Fat Measurement and BMI | Views : 912 | Replies : 2

I bought a Pilates book and got a DVD

Dear Exerise People ~

I just got back from Barnes & Noble with a new book: Pilates for Dummies and a new DVD - "Pilates Beginning Mat Workout" featuring Ana Caban.

Since the fall and winter rains have begun here in the Northwest, I will not be getting my normal outdoor exercise. I spend a lot of time at the computer and sitting in our office so I feel like I need a little more ...
Read more : I bought a Pilates book and got a DVD | Views : 645 | Replies : 3

Help for hollow exerciser!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I've been trying to add some exercise. Only managed to fit in 2 half hour sessions this week. I've been doing some walking / tai chi on a somewhat irregular routine as time permits. This week tried Curves once and did about 20 min on an old Health Rider yesterday. No exercise today. But I seem to be hungrier than I have been in a long time. This evening I ate a meal with the ...
Read more : Help for hollow exerciser!!!!!!!!!!?????????? | Views : 701 | Replies : 2

Question about strenuous exercise....

I've been doing my Pilates faithfully every night for 2 weeks now, and wasn't planning on switching up my routine for another month or two, but I've changed my mind.

I'm going to return to training in Aikido on November 1st. I need to do this for my mental health. This is very strenuous exercise. At first I'll only go twice a week. Each class is 2 hours long and during a class I will ...
Read more : Question about strenuous exercise.... | Views : 763 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286