Question about strenuous exercise....

Fitness and Exercise

Question about strenuous exercise....

Postby Carrie » October 22nd, 2004, 7:21 am

I've been doing my Pilates faithfully every night for 2 weeks now, and wasn't planning on switching up my routine for another month or two, but I've changed my mind.

I'm going to return to training in Aikido on November 1st. I need to do this for my mental health. This is very strenuous exercise. At first I'll only go twice a week. Each class is 2 hours long and during a class I will be thrown approx. 40-60 times. It takes a lot of energy to pick yourself up that many times, and I'm worried about being protein/energy deficient.

How do I protect my body while I'm on MF and training like this? Is an extra shake before class enough?

Any Advice?

Thanks!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » October 22nd, 2004, 1:10 pm

Carrie,

Before exercise we typically suggest that you have a shake and follow up with a bar but in this case, I think a reverse of this would be best. If you are wiped out, maybe half way through you could have a sip or so of a shake to keep you going. It sounds VERY strenuous and while I would not suggest that you do such a rigorous activity, you know what you feel you must do for sanity!

We have women’s sports shakes designed for athletes. It has higher calories than the regular Medifast 55 and 70 shakes that we recommend for weight loss. Do you use the 55 or the 70 formula? Active women should use Medifast 70 – it might help you once you begin this more active routine.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Carrie » October 22nd, 2004, 1:23 pm

Hi Nancy,
Thanks! I'm on the 55 right now, but I'll order some of the 70's. I'll only be starting out 2 days a week for a while, so hopefully I can organize my MF schedule around the training on those days. I'll give it a whirl and see how it progresses, I'm sure it'll all work out fine.

Glad you're home!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Gymnasium