Help for hollow exerciser!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Fitness and Exercise

Help for hollow exerciser!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Postby sudaoning » October 22nd, 2004, 3:46 pm

I've been trying to add some exercise. Only managed to fit in 2 half hour sessions this week. I've been doing some walking / tai chi on a somewhat irregular routine as time permits. This week tried Curves once and did about 20 min on an old Health Rider yesterday. No exercise today. But I seem to be hungrier than I have been in a long time. This evening I ate a meal with the kids instead of my regular MF goodies.

Did the rest of you have an appetite surge when trying to add exercise? How did ya handle it?

(Have been on the 70 shakes with no bars. Most days all MF. Might have a lean green a 2 or 3 of times a week. Lost several pounds when I switched to 70's a few weeks ago, then kind of stop and go slower loss since.)

Thanks y'all for your help!
Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sylvia » October 22nd, 2004, 4:10 pm

Yes, I get VERY hungry when I exercise. I do the 5 and 1 all of the time now, use the 70 shakes and make sure I have something right after exercising and if I'm hungry, don't worry about adding another shake. The bars also have higher carbs and might help - you might try one right before exercising.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » October 27th, 2004, 11:30 pm

Dr. Andersen says to 'sandwich' exercise in between Medifast meals.

His preference is to have a shake before exercise and a bar after.

When I was in Kauai and would snorkel, I had a shake before I went out and it seemed like I got hungry within an hour to a hour and a half.

I'd come in and eat a bar (and sometimes I had naughty but tasty Kauai Cookies!! If you are reading this and you are on the weight loss program, NO cookies for you!! They are NOT a part of the weight loss plan! ;) )

I'd down a 16 ounce bottle of water and hit the ocean again.

I discovered that I would be able to stay out a lot longer with less fatigue on a bar than on a shake.

Of course I was famished (and wrinkled!) and very thirsty from spending so many hours in the ocean water.

After using this procedure several times, I started out with a bar PRIOR to my snorkeling events and then came in after three hours, had a shake and a bottle of water, snorked some more, came in for water and had a shake and snorked some more. I ended our snorkeling sessions with another shake and a bottle of water.

The temp. was warm, the water was warm and the current was rather strong some days so I was burning a lot more calories than I usually do.

Although I didn't have any with me, a Fast Soup or a cup of bouillon would have helped. You may want to consider having a cup or so of it after a work out.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Gymnasium