I bought a Pilates book and got a DVD

Fitness and Exercise

I bought a Pilates book and got a DVD

Postby Nancy » October 27th, 2004, 11:51 pm

Dear Exerise People ~

I just got back from Barnes & Noble with a new book: Pilates for Dummies and a new DVD - "Pilates Beginning Mat Workout" featuring Ana Caban.

Since the fall and winter rains have begun here in the Northwest, I will not be getting my normal outdoor exercise. I spend a lot of time at the computer and sitting in our office so I feel like I need a little more exercise than the 30 minute treadmill and 10 mile bike ride. I want to tone and strengthen my muscles and thought I'd begin something new.

After reading the back of the book, Terry and Unca better look out...it says, "Eight basic principals show you how to get the most out of your mat-based Pilates routines and become stronger, MORE IN CONTROL, and less prone to injury."

:scratch: Hmm...I just LOVE to be in control! Hee hee!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 1st, 2005, 7:31 am

Nancy,
Do you like Pilates??
I was considering trying this as it seems to be good for flexibilty and extension of the muscles. I have a back injury from a car accident 3 years ago which keeps me less than limber at times and my chiro said he thought it might help with keeping me a little looser and less stiff
Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2005, 10:44 am

Mary ~

I have been trying Pilates on my own and have enjoyed it very much. I do feel like I am more flexible but I doubt that my form is real good. I have minimal room to do Pilates so my workouts have not been as great as I would prefer...we just joined the YMCA as a family CHRISTmas gift and we begin on Monday - there's a Pilates class! I am looking forward to the guidance of a live instructor who will be able to help me with my form.

Camille has been doing Pilates for quite some time and I am sure she can answer your question better than I.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 2nd, 2005, 3:21 pm

Nancy,
I will catch up,with Camille and get some info from her as well.
We went to Wally World today and I found the beginners Pilates DVD for weight loss, so I will pop it in and see what it is like.
Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Return to The Gymnasium