I bought my first Davinci's so...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I bought my first Davinci's so...

Postby Prancer » August 11th, 2006, 2:46 pm

What do I do with it? LOL I was wandering thru TJ Maxx today and remembered someone saying that it was sold there so I found some. I bought a bottle of caramel. I dont know what to do with though. They had several kinds there and another brand with even more.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » August 11th, 2006, 2:49 pm

I heard so many great things about DaVinci syrups, but after buying a few bottles and trying them in a variety of different ways, I really have no use for them. I have yet to find a combination that actually improves the flavor of a medifast product.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » August 11th, 2006, 3:32 pm

I like the caramel in the apple cinnamon oatmeal, blueberry in the vanilla berry oatmeal, marshmallow or hazelnut in the cocoa and sometimes in the pudding.

Unlike Manly, I think almost ANYthing improves the flavor of the Medifast products. After 14 months, I'm still not a huge fan of the undoctored products. I think the only Medifast food I can eat with no changes is the RTDs (and only for convenience; if I could easily fix them, I would).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ascicles » August 11th, 2006, 4:00 pm

DogMa wrote:I like the caramel in the apple cinnamon oatmeal, blueberry in the vanilla berry oatmeal, marshmallow or hazelnut in the cocoa and sometimes in the pudding.

Unlike Manly, I think almost ANYthing improves the flavor of the Medifast products. After 14 months, I'm still not a huge fan of the undoctored products. I think the only Medifast food I can eat with no changes is the RTDs (and only for convenience; if I could easily fix them, I would).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly fond of the taste of any of the products, but I just don't like the taste of DaVinci syrups, I guess.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Prancer » August 11th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Dogma thanks. I bought them and then thought maybe they could only be used in shakes but I drink orange shakes so I dont think caramel/orange would be a good thing.
Prancer

Postby DogMa » August 11th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Ha. No, probably not my first choice. It makes the apple cinnamon oatmeal taste like dessert, though. And the cocoa with the hazelnut syrup makes everyone at work want to know where I got my drink.

And I know what you meant, Manly. I only use those four flavors and never in the shakes. I still don't see how people drink the powdered shakes at ALL. (But give me a mix of Medifast chocolate pudding and raspberry Crystal Lite, and I'm a relatively happy camper.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Prancer » August 11th, 2006, 5:30 pm

So do you make the oatmeal like oatmeal or bake it? The other flavors in teh cocoa and latte sound good for winter.

I actually like the shakes. I like the orange the best and choc is ok. The fruit flavored shakes I like with diet sprite some times. I seriously gag my way thru a RTD.
Prancer

Postby JKSRN » August 11th, 2006, 7:32 pm

I used the caramel DaVinci in the powdered chocolate shake. Figuring caramel goes good with chocolate such as in Snickers, etc.. It was pretty good to my surprise. I am not a fan of powdered shakes, either and this was the first time I mixed one up in over three months. Figured I would use up the shakes. Now, I just may order the Dutch Chocolate another time again.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 11th, 2006, 9:44 pm

I make the oatmeal as regular oatmeal. The cookies are too spongy (and too much work most nights) for me. You could make caramel-apple cookies, too, though. Yum.

I've tried it in the pudding, too, but it comes out too sweet for me.

Oh, and FYI, the cocoa is REALLY good if you make it cold like a shake. In the blender with water and crushed ice? It gets a big foamy head on it (OK, that sounds dirty but I didn't mean it that way).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Lisa in NY » August 12th, 2006, 7:02 am

Try the caramel in the BANANA pudding - it's wonderful !

Also, the hazelnut in the chocolate pudding - yumm!

I found a Tiramisu syrup and have been using that in the choc. pudding also - and the chocolate syrup added to the choc. pudding makes it even more chocolate-y. (can you tell I love pudding?) :mrgreen:

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby Prancer » August 12th, 2006, 7:32 am

Lisa they had Tarimisu at TJ Maxx yesterday as well. It wasnt Davinci but it was sugar free.
Prancer

Re: I bought my first Davinci's so...

Postby Mike » August 12th, 2006, 10:18 am

JennP wrote:What do I do with it? LOL I was wandering thru TJ Maxx today and remembered someone saying that it was sold there so I found some. I bought a bottle of caramel. I dont know what to do with though. They had several kinds there and another brand with even more.

I put a pump in my oatmeal, and I love it in my coffee. I just bought some Torani Orange and Strawberry to add to my shakes. We add chocolate to our coffee and also sometimes to the hot cocoa.
I'm going to get the peanut butter Davinci and try that choco pudding thing too.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » August 12th, 2006, 10:23 am

I am so excited now to get some more of these.
Prancer

Postby sidrah » August 13th, 2006, 1:01 pm

I use coconut and chocolate in chocolate shakes or pudding shakes, sometimes a nut flavor. Tastes and smells like Almond Joy.

Chocolate in banana pudding or shakes tastes good, too.

Root beer syrup in vanilla is okay, but it is probably easier to just buy the soda.

Sometimes, I add strawberry to strawberry shakes, but I don't have that flavor all that much.

I add caramel to hot chocolate. I found a macadamia vanilla flavor that is good in hot chocolate and puddings, too.

Honestly, I use coconut and chocolate the most. I want to get some of the peanut butter and try it out with chocolate stuff. I see people talk about banana and pudding flavor combos, but I don't know if I could stomach that. Never had that mix before.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 13th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Oh, banana in the chocolate pudding is tasty. I used to mix the two packets and have half a batch at a time but now I just do that instead.

I know some people love the peanut butter, but I hate it. It tastes nothing like peanut butter to me. I keep asking them to make a pistachio flavor. Or walnut would be good.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Next

Return to Weight Loss