Bought dress from REGULAR STORE today-Goodbye Cathrine's...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Bought dress from REGULAR STORE today-Goodbye Cathrine's...

Postby MomJackieLee » June 11th, 2004, 1:44 pm

I have been reluctant to purchase new clothes (don't want too many for in-between - saving money for a WHOLE NEW wardrobe someday), but noticed my favorite T-shirt is looking kinda bad on me. Was in Walmart this morning and saw a cute t-shirt dress and thought I would give it a try. The XL from the regular size dept fit. Wahoo!!! I bought one in navy and one in white. The navy I wore today, but will save the white for when the tummy is a bit more firm...

I also bought a 14/16W pair of pants on $5 clearance from the Avenue a while back hoping I could get into them at some point. Guess who wore those pants to work yesterday???

I hit the 30lb mark this week from my January start and 12 of those have been medifast pounds. Also, don't let anybody tell you those first ten lbs on MF are "just water" because you lose fast -my waistline says otherwise.

Doin' the happy dance :byebye:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » June 11th, 2004, 1:46 pm

You go girl!

That must feel FABULOUS!

Congrats and enjoy!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 11th, 2004, 2:50 pm

MomJackieLee,

What an encouragement THAT is!!!
I CAN'T WAIT till it happens to me!!! :yippee:

Posts like yours really inspire me. I also look at the beautiful clothes in the Spiegel catalog when I feel weak. Now Day 11, my clothes are still getting loosey goosey!!!! This feeling is I think better than my favorite food!!!! :grin:

Camille
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » June 11th, 2004, 5:21 pm

Not to HAVE to purchase clothes from a Lane Bryant or Catherine's is a marvelous thing. However, God bless them for offering stylish plus size clothing for women who need them. I remember the days when dark blue moomoos with polka dots was pretty much all that was offered to women of size.

Going into most any store and finding something off the rack is just plain wonderful.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 11th, 2004, 5:50 pm

Yes, landylue, I have been very greatful to Catherine's, Elizabeth's, Lane Bryant, and The Avenue because of their stylish selection for many years (although they are able to charge higher prices because there are so few stores ).

However, it is so nice to be ABLE to walk into the regular (not plus) sized section and purchase something that fits. This is the first time in about twelve years that I have been able to do that. A great feeling after many years of struggle. :mrgreen:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LadyChamp » June 13th, 2004, 10:22 am

You go girl! :cleader:
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room