My First REAL Walk in Many Years!

Fitness and Exercise

My First REAL Walk in Many Years!

Postby LessOfMe » April 16th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Hi, Everyone!!! I hope all of you are sharing in this beautiful sunshine today. We, in Ohio, are totally ready to be done with SNOW!

Today I had an amazing experience. Over the past two years I have had both of my knees replaced. Thanks to my new knees AND the Medifast program AND all of the support that comes from great people like ya'll who regularly visit here, I have lost 20# at last count and was able to actually take a long walk :runner: today with my husband. :stroll: We took the dogs and actually went on a trail. He said that we walked a mile! Less than a year ago I would have had to take a wheel chair just to go shopping. :oops: I guess losing nearly "two bowling balls" of weight makes a BIG difference!

I have never been on a walking or exercise program, but guess it might be time for me to consider it. I'm sleeping better :snooze: and even my husband has been good about making healthy food choices :eat:

Maybe some of you can relate to the prison that obesity puts you in. I am 56 yrs. old and started out at 284#. If 20# can make such a difference, I cannot even imagine what it will feel like to be 50# and then 100# lighter. The prison doors are open! :yes:
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » April 16th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Hey LessofMe - I am so touched by this post. A prison of obesity is such a remarkable way to put the struggles we go through. God Bless you for making these choices in your life! Thank you for being an inspiration and role model for all who want to walk hand in hand w/ their hubby and dogs.

Happy weekend to you!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 17th, 2005, 5:23 am

LessofMe-

I can relate so much to what you are saying. I am down 21 pounds and feel terrific even though I have 130 to go!

I am so HAPPY for you! Keep up the good work.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 17th, 2005, 7:53 am

Karen - what an inspiring story!! As those pounds come off, think of all the things you will be doing!! You'll have that hubby taking dance lessons with you!!

:thumbig:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Gymnasium