Diabetes Walk ...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Diabetes Walk ...

Postby Arklahoma » October 7th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Today was the diabetes walk. I went and am wishing that I hadn't. In preparation for this event, I had been doing 4 miles, on my own, and working on getting to some decent time. I had made it to 46 minutes, which was pretty good. However, today was a lolly-gag stroll day. Everyone was so slow and in the way and I couldn't break free from the pack so it took me over an hour to walk it.

Oh, and did I mention the free food??? :x

I was bored, and I caved. I had a bagel with cream cheese and three muffins before the walk along with two huge cups of coffee with half and half. OMG, there was pizza at the end of the walk and I had two slices ImageImage

You'd think, at this point, that I'd have better control, but no. I totally caved and wish that I hadn't even gone. The damage is 7 lbs overnight. I'm so angry ...

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Furthermore, who the he** serves processed carbs at a diabetic event ...

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

ARGHHH!!!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bdg » October 7th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself, just hop back on the wagon. I know it is difficult to think you can reverse so much so quick, but you will knock it back off. I don't understand the food they serve at those events either, but I guess they figure most people walking are not the diabetics. Go figure
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Prancer » October 7th, 2006, 6:17 pm

We are doing the walk next Sunday Ark. I think we will need the lolly gag pace because my kids are walking with us (they are 6, 6 and 7). It is our first time but my brother's GF is the organizer of the event. Her son has juv diabetes. I am kind of glad you warned me about the food. We are supposed to be going back to my brother's for lunch in the afternoon so hopefully we can skip the food. Our pastor's daughter also had juv diabetes so she is going with us too. I will report back to you what they have for post walk snacks. I doubt Missy will arrange such foods.

I think as a family we are going to be doing these things more often. The running club in our town has 5 or 6 races a year. This past year our oldest son entered his first race. My husband does them on a regular basis, actually did one today, so now we are getting me and the two younger ones into the walking ones. I think it is a pretty decent family tradition.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » October 7th, 2006, 6:30 pm

C'mon, Ark, you know you didn't gain 7 pounds of fat from one day. It'll be gone before you know it.

Sorry it was such a disappointing day, though. At least you were there for a good cause.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Joelie » October 7th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Image Awww Ark...I'm sorry you had such a cruddy day. So you fell, we all do from time to time. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps, brush your booty off and move onward again. YOU CAN DO IT! We're all here for ya, girl! Image
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 7th, 2006, 8:48 pm

OMG! I recently had a foodmare like that! I'm sorry that was not the case here and you could just wake up and have it be that it never really happened. BUT...Robin and Brian are right--you know you did not gain an actual 7 lbs. and it WILL come off quickly once you're back on plan. Just remember how angry you are right now; I doubt that you enjoy the feeling so much that you'd want to return to it. C'mon SuperNurse, even Superman has kryptonite to contend with!

:hugblue:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Allie » October 7th, 2006, 10:16 pm

I am sorry that people can be dumb and miss the point of such an important cause. I am so glad that you went out for the walk and helped out.

I'm sorry about the food choices, but the most wonderful thing about MF is that you can jump right back on...which I know you will because you are AWESOME!!!

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Arklahoma » October 8th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Thanks, Guys!!! I guess carbs are truly my kryptonite, but I just wonder why food is my total downfall in life. I am so very structured and organized and successful in every other aspect of my life but food/carbs just keep ...

I wish I could take food completely out of the equation for the rest of my life. Obviously, not a realistic option, so I guess I'll just have to keep working on this monkey on my back.

OK ~ vent/rant/anger over ~ back to your regularly scheduled programming!!!
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » October 8th, 2006, 3:21 pm

But Ark, how did you do today?? I think that's the key. Sure, there are going to be times when you eat completely the wrong things - but if you do that only occasionally and eat right the rest of the time, you'll be fine.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Return to The Weight Room