o

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby CaribGirl » November 18th, 2008, 6:31 am

Welcome fellow Alabamian! Yes, it does get easier. Most people on here will tell you that, and it is true. The trick is to NOT CHEAT! Just stick with it, and the weight will come off. It is a proven method of weight loss, and you get out of it what you put into it. Best of luck to you and your husband! You can do this!!
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby Tawanda » November 18th, 2008, 7:28 am

What a difficult time you've been through with your ankle injury!

Yes, things do get better (the hungries). It seems to take about 3-5 days before the sugar/empty carb cravings ease. The scale numbers dropping help keep most people from going off program once the cravings stop.

One suggestion I'll offer is to not allow yourself to go off program at all during the upcoming holidays. There is always going to be a special meal, a holiday, a special occasion, etc. coming up---but, for most people, restarting is very difficult once you go off program. It becomes very easy to put off restarting until 'tomorrow' or near to impossible to find your determination to stick to program once again.

If you've been reading through the journals, you've already seen this over and over. People saying "I'm going to have a special meal" or "I'm going on vacation and will restart once vacation is over" or any number of reasons/excuses we say so that we can eat off program for some reason. Well, many times people don't return because they are embarrassed that they cannot get themselves motivated to stay on program again.

I wish you the best as you travel on this MF journey. :) The program works!

Welcome to MMT!!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Gwenski » November 18th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Welcome, welcome and WELCOME!

Glad you found MF and the most awesome-nest forum in the world (or in my limited experiences). hee hee hee!

From my experience, if I have my MF organized for the week or at least for the next day when I go to bed, I am good. My Dad always said that, "prior planning prevents piss-poor performance." We call it the Five P's and he was right. Yeah, I even told him and he looked so proud.

Keep a stash of MF stuff with you at all times - you have kids and you never know.
Keep water on you too.
If you work outside the house, keep dressing at work so if a lunch comes up you can always have salad or meat and steamed veggies. You will learn to get skinny people to order things you like just to smell them -- yes, eventually the smell won't kill you and you will relish in it.
Be good about tracking and do keep a journal, you will be amazed at what comes up.

The more you take care of you and get yourself organized, it will reach out to everything else - your husband, kids, house, family, life, etc....

As an athlete, you know that momentum and muscle memory will eventually kick in and basically take over. Just take the time now to set yourself up so it is pretty full proof.

When I began the first time, I went so far as to pack 7 ziplocs each filled with 5 MF meals in them on Sundays. Then, I'd just pull a new one out on my way to bed, get what I would need to make whatever it was and then poof, I was good to go for the morning and the next day.

Snowing balling in control for a change to reach your goals. You are here, you are doing this and you will get to your goal!

Hope something I dribbled at you helps!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 19th, 2008, 7:43 am

Hi Leigh - you are lucky to have your husband doing this with you, that only makes it easier. I wanted to let you know that reading your story last night (I didn't post last night, just ruminated) made me think I should start exercising. I'm with you - when I exercise, something about it makes me want to eat better, too. So I have a plan in place for exercise and I'm going to start today. I will at least be doing it the five weekdays, and I'll play weekends by ear. Thank you for writing something that I've known about myself, but needed to hear again to have it sink in. And I hope you are having a stellar first week as well!! You will be up and moving again in no time, and I can tell you crave that. Just make sure you are completely healed first so you don't do any more damage. :)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 19th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Most of the action is in the journals - definitely start one! And then if you have more specific question you can post a new topic in the Weight Room (that's what I usually do, anyway). I use my journal for updates, conversation, and just venting and thinking out loud.

I did have a lot of success last time around - it is so hard to get going! It took me 6 weeks last time before I finally got a long stretch of compliance under my belt. I don't know what it is that makes it so hard - if I did, I'd fix it!

You are doing great and I look forward to reaching goal with you. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » November 19th, 2008, 2:09 pm

I'm way late chiming in because I've been sick, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Gwenski » November 19th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Leigh,

Hope it is all going swell. You said Outback and their porkchops are great, you get two. So, you can just order an extra side of plain steamed veggies and you and your hubby can share OR do what I do, box the extra chop and veggie for tomorrow's L&G. This eating healthy thing starts to get financial responsible too.

Sounds like you are pretty on top of it all and please, enjoy the 5 P's.... you know it is bad when as a kid, I was tortured by them and now, they make so much sense it makes me sick.

Hope your ankle is holding out on you.

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

I like this web really much

Postby kitternilteCy » November 14th, 2009, 5:48 pm

I like this site really much.

This is really a extraordinary place.

This is not like other money orienting place, the content here is super important.

I am definitely bookmarking it as well as sharing it with my friends.

:)
kitternilteCy

Re: Hi Everybody..Newbie here and very hopeful.

Postby Joy » November 18th, 2009, 6:42 pm

welcome,

share or rant, advise or encourage - we are all working on the same goal good health!

regards,
joy :heart:
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.