It is currently May 18th, 2024, 1:05 pm

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Dean's Maintenance-Part 2

EXERCISE

Exercise is something that is not recommended when you first go on the Medifast plan unless you have already been exercising regularly, in which case it is recommended that you cut your exercise routine in half.

I found that after about three weeks or so on Medifast, and most certainly once on maintenance, exercise can be your best friend in accelerating weight loss while on the plan and maintaining your weight after you make ...
Read more : Dean's Maintenance-Part 2 | Views : 640 | Replies : 3

Dean's Maintenance-Part 1

I began maintenance in early May. As many of you know, my daughter's wedding was May 21, so I wanted to look my best. I actually became paranoid that I would gain back some flab before the wedding. Because of this, I was extremely careful to make sure that I ate wisely and exercised regularly.

I still jump on the scale each and every morning just as I did during my weight loss phase. I ...
Read more : Dean's Maintenance-Part 1 | Views : 894 | Replies : 12

When to start maintenance?

Hello,

Quick question here, is it suggested you get to your actual goal weight before starting the transition phase, or do do you start when you're within a 5-10 lb. range due to the weight loss that typically occurs during maintenance?

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Thanks,
Diet Diva
Read more : When to start maintenance? | Views : 703 | Replies : 2

to those on maintenance

Hello all! I would love to hear from some of you out there who have been on maintenance for awhile now. I am curious to hear about your struggles with keeping your weight down and how you keep it off. Loseing the weight is only half the battle and I know it is going to be hard to maintain my loss once I get there but I am determined. I got so much encouragement reading ...
Read more : to those on maintenance | Views : 1763 | Replies : 7

Little victories...

Hi all, just wanted to share a small (but huge!) victory I accomplished over my food last night. I have a TERRIBLE predeliction for stuffing my face with the ingredients while I'm making dinner... I'll nibble at the cut up veggies for the stir fry, the shredded low fat cheese for the lasagna, even the fat free sour cream topper for the pumpkin soup... (You know how it is-- one teaspoon for my soup... one ...
Read more : Little victories... | Views : 3618 | Replies : 62

The Drawing Board

I thought about posting this in Roll Call, but honestly, I was so impressed with all the losers this week (like I am every week!) that I just couldn’t bring myself to interject a puff of black cloud to that joyful thread. So I’ll put this here, where maybe it’s most appropriate anyway because this is, I suppose, another step on the maintenance journey.

This time last week I was 124. I was happy. I ...
Read more : The Drawing Board | Views : 5648 | Replies : 85

Off on my own ... Now what ?!?!?

Well, it looks like I have officially completed transition, according to the schedule I set up for myself. Because I was already on the 5 & 1 plan, and because I had already added an extra serving of veggies in my last couple weeks on the program, I essentially started at MF's "Phase 4," and completed that phase, thru phase 6, in 14 days. In those 2 weeks, I ended up losing another couple of ...
Read more : Off on my own ... Now what ?!?!? | Views : 799 | Replies : 10

Transition - Phase "C"

Morning all... Another phase, another menu! I spent 5 days at Phase "B", which is equivalent to MF's Phase 5. I'm now doing 5 days of MF Phase 6, which tells us to add a serving of grain. I found out, after doing some research, that "serving" can mean one thing according to the USDA food guide / food pyramid, and another when it comes to reading nutrition facts on food labels. I decided to ...
Read more : Transition - Phase "C" | Views : 708 | Replies : 10

Transition - Phase "B"

Morning everyone! Just wanted to post that Phase A (= MF official Phase 4) is over. I spent 4 days having added a fruit serving, and today I add a serving of dairy and take away an MF packet. I decided to combine the fruit & dairy to replace my morning shake (boy was it weird not to shake up my breakfast!), and so now my menu will look like this, for 5 days:

7 ...
Read more : Transition - Phase "B" | Views : 916 | Replies : 10

Medifast Transition Guide

Thought this would be a good place for the Medifast Transition Guide.

You can open it in a browser, or save it to your hardrive. You must have the Adobe Acrobat reader to view it. If you don't have the reader you can download it here:
Adobe Acrobat Reader

For the Medifast transition guide go here:
Medifast Transition Guide
Read more : Medifast Transition Guide | Views : 2971 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286