When to start maintenance?

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

When to start maintenance?

Postby Guest » May 29th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Hello,

Quick question here, is it suggested you get to your actual goal weight before starting the transition phase, or do do you start when you're within a 5-10 lb. range due to the weight loss that typically occurs during maintenance?

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Thanks,
Diet Diva

Postby dlr2424 » May 29th, 2005, 5:40 pm

DietDiva..... :hmmm: ....I think we wait till we hit goal.........then start transition........hopefully either Rae...Nancy...or the others that are already there can answer you........
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 29th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Dear Diet Diva ~

While most people lose a few pounds during transition and maintenance, I feel it is best to go all the way and reach your goal before beginning transition. Usually there is some initial fluid retention as more foods are added to the meal plan and packets of Medifast are taken away. Some people stop short of their goal weight and never quite get there. I feel there is great satisfaction in accomplishing one's goal.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Maintenance