Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Maintenance

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2003, 11:55 pm

Hey, Kids ~

As you get closer to your ideal BMI, check out my November Newsletter for Transition tips.

It is time to start planning ahead and preparing for the next step in your journey to optimal health! :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Ellen » November 12th, 2003, 7:04 am

Nancy,
Loved the newsletter, as always! We appreciate all the great information you provide! I'm still mulling over my plan for the Germany trip at Christmas time. I don't have that kind of time frame for re-introduction of foods, but I also don't want to risk the um... er... side effects of transitioning too fast. I will probably bring some Medifast products with me and just play it by ear. I'm planning as of now to switch to modified by adding a salad and chicken breast a few days before leaving. My brother warns me that the chances of finding salad there in the winter time is just about zero, and since I absolutely cannot stomach soggy cooked veggies, I'm outta luck in that department. We'll see, I'm still mulling it over and I'm confident that I'll come up with a plan by then.
Have a great day and thanks again,
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Trip to Germany & Transition

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2003, 9:28 am

Ellen ~

It would be good for you to begin Transitioning to the Modified Plan NOW - Yep!

It may slightly slow down your weight loss for a few days while your body becomes adjusted to the increase in sodium. Just be sure to drink that water, Girlfriend!

Keep your meat portions to just a few ounces initially then increase up to 4-5 ounces. Watch the salad dressing. I often use just vinegar. When I go to a restaurant I request Vinegar and oil and then just use the vinegar or else ask for lemon slices. It is just fine and for the first time in my life, I actually know what Romaine and Ice Berg lettuce taste like! I used to smother my salad in Ranch dressing or Roquefort! :bib:

I am concerned about you waiting until just before you leave for your trip.
You could have a blow out on the plane or in Frankfurt. Gosh, that could be REALLY gnarly to have to do the diarrhea dash in Europe - they have pay toilets! NOT a pretty picture, is it? :twisted:

Start now, eat lean meat and veggies. On the shake only plan, people may still have a small salad - it is not considered cheating to do so that is, UNLESS you have blue cheese, croutons, bacon bits, strips of Swiss and cheddar and a half pound of chicken or turkey flopped upon the top of the salad. :flip:

Stay away from cob salads! Back Away! Beep! Beep! Back Away. Be afraid. Be Ver-ry afraid :shock:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Maintenance