Doing maintenance for now...

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Doing maintenance for now...

Postby Mommy2girls » February 24th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Hi everyone. Anyone who is wondering where I have been lately, should know that I have decided to maintain for now. The operative word in that sentance is NOW. For now, I'm holding steady. Last year I lost –50lbs doing Medifast 5&1. I loved it and feel great about losing a good chunk of weight.

Since September 05, I have pretty much weighed the same. At this point I'm about 5lbs above my lowest weight last year and I'm noticing that it is not that hard to maintain. I go up a few, down a few, but I'm doing good maintaining my weight loss. I exercise 3x a week and sometimes use MF food and sometimes not.

I think by March, my hubby and I will hop on the weight loss train again. For now, though I thought I would check in here and let you all know that I'm still around, and STILL DOING GOOD!

I know maintenance is/was the biggest scariest part of losing weight for me (and maybe others too...) so I didn't want to rush in and lose a bunch of weight only to have it come back on just as fast. So I've taken my time, worked on controlling my old bad foody habits and really testing the waters as far as maintenance goes. (This is just what works for me, may not be the answer for everyone out there...)

I have gone from a size 22/24 (3X) to a size 16 (XL). I would love to lose another 40lbs, but I'm not in a big hurry. I will eventually get there and when I do I certainly plan on STAYING there....
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » April 7th, 2006, 7:18 am

Me again! I thought we would restart in March, but we've not been losing really. We've been sort of on/off plan, so I guess I'm still on the maintenance train for now.

But this is GOOD news for all the losers out there, you can lose and maintain, it's TRUE!!! :bounce:

I would like to lose more but I'm also happy where I am. I just need to find my motivation again! :)

It's out there some where I just have to find it.... :hide: I just thought I would pop in and let you all know that I'm still here and still occassionally reading the forum! Keep going strong and happy shaking! :chef:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 7th, 2006, 7:31 am

Mommy2girls ... We're always here so just keep stopping by. Good to see such success!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Maintenance