Smartipantz

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby smartipantz » October 17th, 2008, 7:02 am

I'm a little over 2-1/2 weeks into the program and doing very well. I have been totally compliant for two weeks now... not one cheat and I feel good! It's week three and week three is typically a slow weight loss week (according to the Biggest Loser). I'm definitely not losing that much this week but I'm not discouraged. I know that I'm compliant and the weight has no where to go but off. I'll be patient.

A friend already told me he could see it in my face and tummy. Here comes the compliments.... I LOVE IT.

I've been working out very regularly. If I'm not weightlifting, I'm doing the treadmill for 60 minutes at 3.5 mph. I can definitely tell the difference in my thighs and my arms are getting more tone by the day. I managed to get to the fitness center 5 times this week.

Good luck all :)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby smartipantz » October 17th, 2008, 7:06 am

I found some information regarding working out that might be of interest to those who are or are not doing so.

For every pound of fat you gain, your body burns a mere 2 calories a day, compared to an average of 50 calories per day for each pound of muscle you put on. Muscle simply burns more calories than fat tissue, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, even at rest.

So muscle is an automatic fat burner. I'm not sure about you, but I am motivated to continue to workout.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » October 19th, 2008, 9:17 am

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks on program with only one cheat (beer during the Oregon/USC game) and that was during the first week. I've lost a total of 13.4 pounds and most definitely inches.

I do have to say that I am a little disappointed in my weight loss this week. I know that they say the third week is typically a slower weight loss week (if lost 1.5 pounds this week). Don't worry, I'm not disappointed in the way of wanting to stop or anything. I'm still 100% compliant.

I've been working out ALOT.... everyday this week. 60 minutes on the treadmill burning about 340 calories at a time... five times this week mixed with a couple days of weight lifting. I'm wondering in the back of my head if I'm not getting enough calories during this time and putting myself into a starvation mode. If I'm averaging 900-1200 calories a day, I'm burning 1/4 to 1/3 of these working out.

I'm going to continue through this next week like normal and see if it is the 3rd week slowdown or not. If I continue to lose this slow, I might add another shake to my day and see what it does.

Last time around, the lowest I ever lost a week was 1-1/2 pounds one week. The remaining weeks I averaged 3.5 pounds lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not giving up. I'm determined to get the weight off and not being tempted by food.
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby DogMa » October 20th, 2008, 7:28 am

I'd give it a little more time before adding shakes, unless you're starving. Bear in mind that workout machines, and even heart rate monitors, almost always overestimate your calorie burn. They come closer if they're the kind that has you enter your age and weight, but even those aren't terribly accurate.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 20th, 2008, 11:13 am

Smarti - Congratulations on your success. 13.4 pounds...You go girl!! I wish I was at week three. Keep up the good work!!!!!
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » October 20th, 2008, 11:40 am

Just keep at it girl. Check the PM. :D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » October 20th, 2008, 12:00 pm

OK, this doesn't all QUITE fit with Medifast, but it's close:

Part number 1. 3 days into your program.
Right about now you're having second thoughts about what you have committed to. You may have just eaten the first food that you think is absolutely dreadful. Your head hurts from carb withdrawal, you're hungry and you're all over in a horrible mood. You HAVE to hang in there to get past the 3rd day. Take some tylonal for your head - come here for support and take the food you don't like off your next order! You are going to do great - just remember why you started!

Part number 2. the 3rd week.
By now your weight loss is slowing and you just about know what foods you like and what you don't - but WAIT there has been so much talk on the board about free foods, extras, and something about "Bears" - you're confused as heck! Does the milk for cereal count as your dairy for breakfast??? (no) Can you have popcorn??? Why did I lose 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks and this week nothing???? Oh its just too much!!!! GO to the E-classes board! Most if not all of your questions have been asked in class by many many other people! If you cant find the answers there - come post here. Thats what we are here for - to make this easier on you and we will help in anyway we can!

Part number 3. the 3rd month.
OMGOSH- you're doing it... and doing it... and doing it... things start to seem repetitive, even a tad boring now that the newness has worn off. You know what you can eat and when and you're starting to "pick" from others' plates, have a little extra peanut butter, fudge your food measurements, maybe even have hit a "stall" with the scale and you're frustrated! Calm down - you know what's happening and now you can stop it! But you have to recognize that it is happening! People get so comfortable in the 3rd month that little things start to slide! STOP IT! If you can get past the 3rd month you will be fine. Come here for support. Keep a journal. Talk to a counselor if you need to - whatever you have to do to keep your program going. We are all here for you!

If you don't believe that the 3's curse is real - ask anyone who has been here for longer than 3 months! They will tell you everything I just said is 100% fact. But now that you know its coming - and you know how to avoid disaster, you're going to be just fine. Yay for you! Have a great day!!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 20th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Thanks Robin...Today was the first day I have ever heard of the 3s. I will have to keep that in mind...Wednesday will be day 3 for me.
SuzyQ66

Postby smartipantz » October 20th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Thanks so much Robin.

I'm definitely not hungry.... have to remind myself to eat seriously... especially in the afternoon.

I'll be patient. I've done it before... it does work. I'm motivated and gonna beat this again :)

Hugs,

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 21st, 2008, 9:13 am

Great attitude Smarti!! Keep up the good work!!
SuzyQ66

Postby smartipantz » October 23rd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Well I think I got passed the slowness. The scale is moving down - yeah!! Finally!! Still working out... it makes me feel good. I got passed the days where I was gaining and bringing me down. I'm not sure if it was the working out or water retention... who knows and at this point, WHO CARES.... it came off FINALLY!!!!!

I just finished a three day conference and didn't cheat once. Even with the pastries, bagels and fruit in the morning..... the lunches were semi on program but I didn't blow it. For instance, Tuesday was tacos... I just made a green salad and came home and had my protein. Wednesday was the big lunch ... steak, salad, roasted green beans, potatoes and bread.. of course I ate everything but the bread and potatoes .. and of course the dessert. And today was build a sandwich lunch with pasta and dessert. I just took the lunchmeat and a bunch of lettuce and made a salad. I felt really good about turning everything down.

Hope all is going well for everyone!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby txcindylou » October 24th, 2008, 5:47 am

Great job Smarti!! It is so hard to look at food and watch others eat. You should be REALLY proud of yourself.
Cindy
Restart 10/12/08

225/203.5/165
txcindylou
Trusted Member

Postby smartipantz » October 24th, 2008, 6:24 am

Cindy - Ya know... it really wasn't hard to look at the food and not eat it. I'm at the point where the weight is coming off and that's more important than bites of instant gratitude. I don't want to sabotage my dedication to the program.

I'm not gonna lie... it's taken awhile to get to that point... but now that I'm there, I'm gonna like the smaller clothes that I'll fit into soon. It's a good trade off :)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby txcindylou » October 24th, 2008, 6:36 am

you are a couple of weeks ahead of me...i can't wait to REALLY see a size difference. I can see it in my face, though.
Cindy
Restart 10/12/08

225/203.5/165
txcindylou
Trusted Member

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 24th, 2008, 7:38 am

Smarti you are doing an awesome job. And to be so disciplined at the conference. I remember my first time around on MF I went out of town on a business meeting, they too had loads of food all around. I was only a couple of weeks into the program but I stayed on track. I just sat at the table with everybody when they ate or went back to my room and had my soup. And I remember feeling the same way you do - losing the weight was more important than having something that would bring temporary gratification. Thanks for reminding me of that. :thumbup:

I can't wait to get there but I will visit your journal frequently to remind myself of what is ahead. I have an out of town conference coming up in the beginning of December - I need to be where you are now so that I can stick to the program.

Thanks for sharing. :star:
SuzyQ66

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal