Smartipantz

1 Thread per registered User.

Smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 23rd, 2006, 8:33 am

Well I suppose I should start a journal as well. I get so inspired reading everyone elses.

My weight problem began after had my first child twenty years ago. I'd love to blame my weight problem on my children but I'd only be kidding myself. My weight program, like many, was a result of bad eating habits, not exercising enough and just not having the discipline to turn down food. Just call me the Yo-Yo Dieter Queen. If there was a product or program out there that mentioned weight-loss, I was all over it.

My journey began after reading an article in People Magazine about people losing a weight on various weight-loss programs. A lady who had lost a significant amount of weight in a short timeframe on a program called Medifast intrigued me. Being the Internet junkie I am, I began researching the program and was pleased at what I had found. Finding the program had been tested by Johns Hopkins University, is a healthy program consisting of soy proteins, and believe it or not, reading all the wonderful MakeMeThinner Forum posts by real people on the program, totally sold me.

I started the program on January 12th at the weight of 212. I was amazed at how easy the program was for my busy lifestyle. Not only was it easy, but also I was completely satisfied and didn't crave the things that I typically craved on other weight loss programs. Trust me, I have tried many different programs and nothing compares to the Medifast program in my eyes. Pounds were dropping like mad, clothes were being grown out of at a rapid pace, and here I am, six months later and 60 pounds lighter. I'm not quite at my goal weight, but working towards that wonderful milestone that I would have never believed I could achieve. I've posted a new progress picture of me in the studio yesterday.

I am married to a wonderful man named Rich, have two sons, Tim (20 yrs) and Travis (16 yrs), two stepsons, Jason (29 yrs) and Ryan (23 yrs), a sheltie named Cheyenne and a cat named Snickers. I work for the Oregon Lottery as the Materials Manager overseeing Procurement and Contracts, Warehouse/Distribution, Logistics and Facilities. I have been an avid bowler and softball player for many years however have given them up to perfect my game of golf. I love to travel, enjoy playing card or board games with friends and family, and spending quality time with the people that mean the most to me.

In March of 2006, I became a Take Shape for Life Certified Health Advisor. I consider this as being one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences in my life. Helping others from all over the United States become healthier and slimmer is a great feeling! Plus I have made all kinds of new friends!

I'm now 7 pounds from my original goal. When I was starting this journey, 145 seemed to be a magic number. I have no idea why. Now when I look at the BMI chart, it looks like I need to be at 142 to hit the high end of the healthy weight. RATS!!!! So I might need to lose 10 more pounds - but heck, I've lost 60, what's another 10 for crying out loud!

I want to personally thank each and every one of you on this forum for being there for me. I watched and participated in this forum religiously and had I not, I might not have been as successful!

Smarti (Keri)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Smartipantz

Postby Prancer » July 23rd, 2006, 10:02 am

smartipantz wrote:.

Just call me the Yo-Yo Dieter Queen. If there was a product or program out there that mentioned weight-loss, I was all over it.

Sounds familiar!!

Keri you are quite an inspiration. Thank you for posting your story and your pictures.
Prancer

Postby Bonnie » July 23rd, 2006, 2:40 pm

I got to meet Smartipantz at the TSFL Medifast Conference this month and let me tell you not only does she look GREAT but she is GLOWING. I am so glad I got to meet you in person.

Thanks for sharing with all of us your testimony.

I consider myself one of your new Make Me Thinner friends.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 23rd, 2006, 8:35 pm

Oh Bonnie - you are so sweet! And of course!!! You are a MakeMeThinner buddy!

Convention was a great place to be inspired, motivated and surround yourself with beautiful people. I can't wait until next year!!!!! It will be even more fun (if that's possible)!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 25th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Well today I finally hit a milestone - 150 pounds baby!!! Yippee!!! :cleader:

I can remember way back when thinking - if I could just get to 150, I'd be so happy. And ya know what? I've been happy all along this journey!!

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. Our sweet Nancy, her wonderful hubby Terry, my fabulous Health Advisor Jan, and her sweet hubby Paul are coming to Salem to do a Tasting for me and my health advisors. They are so inspiring and I'm so honored they chose to come help us out!! One of my health advisors sent out 250 random invites to women listed in the phone book AND placed a 3-day ad in the newspaper. :shock: Holy Schmoly, I hope our room is big enough. What am I saying - I hope we fill it to the brim!! This will be my first Tasting so wish me luck :)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 26th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Last week I had a physical because I hadn't had one in FOREVER. They did complete blood tests on liver, kidney, blood sugar, and cholesterol. The last time I was in their office was October of 2005 (I don't get sick much) and weighed 206 so he was pleased with my weight loss. He asked me several questions about the program. Apparently their office sold MF in the early 90's and was the only clinic in town that offered it. Based on his questions, the program has changed ALOT! He also asked me how much farther I wanted to go and what I was going to do after I met my goal. He was very supportive of everything. I swear it was the most I have EVER heard my doctor speak - he actually had a good conversation with me.

So I got a phone message this morning with my results. I wish I could record it and put it here for people to hear. He told me my results were EXCELLENT.... I probably said the word excellent about 10 times in my message :) Everything about the liver, kidney and blood sugar was "excellent". And my cholesterol was, as he said, "rock bottom" at 129. My good cholesterol was 62 (they want to see you above 50) and the bad cholesterol was 57 (they want to see you under 100). He said that these results were partially due to the diet but also due to genetics. By the way, I have never had a problem with my cholesterol but the last time I had it checked, it was at 160.

This was definitely a good feeling!! I'm getting healthier and healthier by the moment.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 26th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Oh yes, also had a "fat feeling" moment today. I am leaving for Tampa in a little over a month for a conference and need to buy a dress for a banquet. I went to Macy's and tried on about 8 dresses all in a size 10 (which is a good thing). They all fit but oh my gosh, I feel like a cow in them!!!! It wasn't a good moment and seriously, the first time I felt FAT again.

My best friend and I will be shopping this Sunday some more - I have GOT to find a dress that doesn't make me look fat!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 27th, 2006, 6:42 am

ARG!!! :x The scale is being a BRAT!

No changes on the scale since Sunday..... TICK TICK TICK TICK

Guess I just need to be patient! These last 5 pounds are grueling!!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Diana » July 27th, 2006, 9:46 am

smartipantz wrote:I have GOT to find a dress that doesn't make me look fat!!

:roflmao: It never dawned on me 'til your post, Smarti, that this may be a chronic part of the female condition!!! I could send you one of my old size 32 to make you feel thin again!

Best of luck on your quest! (And thanks for the pm)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 27th, 2006, 7:15 pm

It is a female condition....... you know how it is!! :)

I did find a dress today FINALLY! It's very pretty but came with a pretty ugly price as well - but at least I look good in it. I got the hubby's seal of approval. At least I'll fit in it for awhile AND I have a dress for convention next year - I'm set ....... Yippee!!!

Now if I can just get the darn scale to budge downward!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Lizabette » July 27th, 2006, 9:15 pm

smartipantz wrote:It is a female condition....... you know how it is!! :)
I did find a dress today FINALLY! It's very pretty but came with a pretty ugly price as well - but at least I look good in it. I got the hubby's seal of approval. At least I'll fit in it for awhile AND I have a dress for convention next year - I'm set ....... Yippee!!!

Now if I can just get the darn scale to budge downward!!

SMARTI,
Same here! Isn't that just the strangest thing...
how those last 5 or so pounds just refuse to budge?
In fact, this morning mine had edged up some, after I practically gloated about almost hitting my mini-goal.
It is almost like our bodies rebelling and saying "I'll show you a thing or two!"
But not to worry, WE SHALL OVERCOME!

Congratulations on finding your pretty dress.
I agree it is not easy to find that perfect dress you can look and feel good in.
How about a picture now for our seal of approval?

:heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » July 27th, 2006, 9:42 pm

I'm going to be going to Tampa August 5-10th for a work conference and they will be having a formal banquet one of the nights. Typically we take quite a few pics, so I'm sure I can muster up a picture or two for all my friends here!!!

Yes the last 5 pounds seem to be the hardest.... but I'm not giving up - no way!! This is the best program around!! I know it will come off - just when it darn-well feels like it!

I am worried a bit about going to conference. I'm going to stick to the program as much as I can, however, we do have quite the partying bunch - many who I see only once a year! I want to indulge!! I'm sure I will a bit, but I also don't want to go backwards... I'm sure it will be a bit like my cruise in April - I did gain but did lose all the weight I gained in 4 days and look at me know - STILL on program!

Not only will I be going to Tampa in August - but will be going to Las Vegas for a fun trip with my hubby and another couple. Arg!! I see August as being a tough month. If I would only hit my goal!!!!!

Well the pillow is calling my name........... hope I wake up to a nice gift of a lower weight!!!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 28th, 2006, 6:28 am

Yippee! Please tell me I'm not dreaming. The scale doesn't seem to be so bad anymore. After waking up twice in the middle of the night to pee (yes I was massively taking in the water last evening), I woke up and weighed (naked and after I pee hehe), and the scale said "149.4". YIPPEE!!!! I finally got into the 140's.

I think the lowest weight my hubby has ever seen me is 147 so I'm awfully close!

Thank God it's Friday!!! Have a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow my Health Advisors and I are having a tasting... hope we get alot of people coming. Looking forward to seeing Nancy, Terry, Jan and Paul again. And Sunday.... well it's my busy day. I'm kicking everyone out of the house, cranking up the stereo, and cleaning my house. I know, not that great of a day, but I love being able to clean my house with NO ONE in the home!! Makes its so much easier.
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Lizabette » July 28th, 2006, 7:52 am

OH, CONGRATULATIONS SMARTI!

Into the 140's, YIPPEE! Motivates me no end!
Not that I wasn't already motivated to get to my goal soon!

Your Tasting sounds grand!
I know you will be reporting on that and I will be so waiting to hear about it! :felix:
And there must be pictures!
:heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby caligirl » July 28th, 2006, 8:43 am

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to My Journal