Smartipantz

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby smartipantz » July 29th, 2006, 6:18 am

Was happy to see the scale again this morning for another loss. I guess last week it was just being difficult.

Today is our Tasting. For those who don't know what a Tasting is... A Tasting is a gathering of people to hear about the Take Shape for Life philosophy, program, taste of few products, and hopefully decide they want to make themselves healthier. I'm lucky to be able to have a featured speaker.......Nancy (our fearless leader and Queen of the MakeMeThinner forum) will be telling her story to our people.

Like I've said before, we just don't have a clue as to how many people are going to show up. One of my health advisors sent out 250 personal invites to random people she found in the phone book AND placed a 4-day (6" x 8") ad in the newspaper about our Tasting. I really hope alot of people come.

So last night had a dream that we were all (Nancy included) 1/2 hour late to the Tasting and everyone left. OMG!!! Glad I woke up. So it's 6:16 AM here - I won't be late :)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 29th, 2006, 6:20 am

Do people find that they get hungrier on the weekends? I've been feeling that for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I think it's because I'm not a busy on the weekend as I am at work. Work consists of many meetings, people coming in needing contracting advice, blah blah blah so I'm totally preoccupied. I've been noticing on the weekends I have been watching the clock as to when it's time for me to eat again.

Inquiring minds wanna know.....

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby GucciGoo » July 29th, 2006, 6:57 am

Wow!!!!! I just saw that you posted to me in my journal, and then I glanced at your ticker to see if you were over your mini-plateau... and WOW!!! You are SO close to goal! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 29th, 2006, 7:41 am

Thanks BB :)

Yeah, I'm close and today was a little nervous about transitioning. In fact, asked my hubby this morning... "well I'm really close to goal. Should I keep going?" He said "why don't you just stick at your goal for awhile and maintain and then decide."

145 pounds is the top of the healthy weight range. Based on the BMI, I could be lower in weight.

So, I'm not sure if I'm thinking this way because I'm afraid to transition into everyday foods and if I stick with the program, I don't have to worry OR if I just want to be lighter. I look very healthy, definitely don't look heavy...... I'm so confused!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 30th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Yeah! The scale continues to work with me. I have been pounding down the water this week which accounts for my 4.5 pound loss. I swear I need to buy stock in toilet paper!!

Our tasting went very well yesterday. We had 23 people, Nancy, Terry, Jan, Paul, and six of my health advisors. Whew! Was stressing no one would come. It turned out great! After the Tasting, we had dinner with Nancy, Terry, Jan and Terry at McGraths... yum!!

I've been cleaning house all day and I think I fried my microwave. Was cleaning the grill thingy and spraying cleaning spray on it and I think it went down into the motor - oops!! Hubby doesn't know yet - guess it's time for a new microwave.... Thanks to Keri!!

Suppose to go golfing this afternoon but I've been drinking so much water - wonder if it's a good thing to do or not ......... maybe I'll buy some Depends :?

Have a great Sunday :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » July 31st, 2006, 10:16 pm

Yippee! Officially at the lowest weight that my hubby has ever seen me! Another milestone met.

For the last week, I have been debating my goal weight. I originally set my goal weight as 145, which is the top of the healthy weight range. Now that I'm almost there, and knowing how easy this program is, I've officially decided to change it to 140. That will give me a 5 pound buffer when I'm in maintenance and with the 5 pound buffer, I won't be teetering between being "overweight" and "healthy". If I do creep to 145, I'll still be considered healthy. What's another 5 pounds at this point?

Well I got my order today and bought a few things that I haven't tried. One being the swiss mocha shake (not bad, drinking it now), the fast soups (I've gone 6 months without needing them), and the diabetic peanut butter bar (I've heard they are much better than the regular peanut butter..... I'm sorry the regular peanut butter bar doesn't taste like peanut butter to me).

I must have been wearing something extremely skinny looking today because I received ALOT of compliments - what a wonderful feeling!!! Made me feel really proud of my accomplishments.

I did a bad thing today.... I actually ate two bars today. I had one for my mid afternoon snack and then left for golfing after work. When I got there... eeeeeeeeek!! I didn't have any of my MF supplements, other than a fruit and nut bar. I typically carry a little of everything in my car for those just in case moments. Since it was 4:30 and I wouldn't get home until about 7:30, I had to break down and eat the bar. Hopefully it doesn't screw up my weight tomorrow :?

God I love this program!!!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » August 1st, 2006, 6:39 am

Crap! I knew the second bar was gonna do me in. Well and also the fact that I really didn't get enough water down me yesterday. It's amazing how much one day without the proper amount of water will affect you. I'm used to drinking about 80-100 ounces of water a day.

I have already posted this somewhere else on the forum but I thought I'd put in in my journal as well:

I had to go to the convenience store ("quick rip" as my mom calls it) to buy some beer for my hubby and friends. I got up to the counter and the young lady asked for my ID. I gave her a surprised look and said "Certainly, however I probably old enough to be your mother," beaming that someone actually carded me. For the record, I'm 43 yrs old - I can actually be traded in for two 21-yr-olds as my hubby reminds me :whip: I gave her my ID and she said "well, yes, you are the same age as my mother, but you look WAY better and younger." I could have almost hugged her! I think I was still smiling as I got home and told my hubby.

I remember back in 1996 when I had lost about 50 pounds on WW and got down to the weight of 147, I could not get lower than that weight. I was on an extreme plateau for 4 months. After 4 months, I lost interest in depriving myself of the foods I wanted to stay at the weight of 147 so I stopped and you guessed it, allowed it to gradually creep back on (and some). It will be interesting to see the scale go below this weight while on Medifast. I'm confident that will happen.

Going to be leaving Friday night to Tampa, Florida for a work conference. I have so much I have to do before then - like pack, grocery shop for the family, get my nails done, and a pedicure. At work, I'm booked full with meetings, however I have to squeeze in time for four interviews for my Procurement Assistant. I'm starting to stress. I'll be gone for a week so these things need to get done.

Decided that I'm going to hire a housecleaner. I think it's really unfair that a woman who works full time (and some) has to spend one of their days days off cleaning the house and doing laundry. Not this girl anymore.... I'm gonna get someone to do it for me. I'm getting an estimate on Wednesday to see what it's gonna cost with this nationally known company. I've heard they are kinda expensive but good, just don't know how much. I'm just a little afraid to have someone that I don't know in my house, ya know what I mean?

Still kicking myself for having the extra bar! But what am I to do?
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby GucciGoo » August 1st, 2006, 9:01 am

I have a housekeeper. She is coming today. I love her and it makes life so much easier for me. I work FT as well, plus I have a 7 month old baby to care for. It's nice to spend time with him instead of cleaning every night!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Sojourner » August 1st, 2006, 2:37 pm

When I first met my DH, he had a housecleaner that came every other week. When I moved in, I made sure that he didn't think that I was taking her place. He did not (spoiled rotten brat, huh?). Eighteen years later, we still have a housecleaner that still comes every other week. This particular woman has been with us for about 14 years. She doesn't do laundry, but she does everything else. It is SO worth the money; in fact, I'd pay double the price if I had to. Once when she was off her feet for a while, I had to actually clean the toilets. Wha????? That is disgusting! LOL It's not like I hadn't spent the first nearly three decades of my life doing my own housework, it had just been so long. You're gonna' love it!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » August 2nd, 2006, 6:53 am

Sigh! Had an extremely stressful work day yesterday that started the minute I walked into the building. Not a good sign of things to come! Typically this feeling would trigger the "eat monster". In the morning, 100% compliant.

Lunchtime.... I normally go to lunch with my best friend. Sometimes I eat my lean and green, or sometimes I bring a MF supplement to mix with hot water while she eats. She was 1/2 hour late because of a meeting. I brought a packet of chai. I was starving and stressed out to the point of a meltdown. I don't get this way that often, but when I do, oh boy.

We enter the restaurant with my chai in my purse, all intentions to have my chai. Menus come. The eat monster breathing in my ear....... EAT SOMETHING BAD, YOU ARE STRESSED AND YOU NEED IT MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well you guessed it, I ordered a turkey sandwich and a salad. I ate 3/4 of the sandwich and 1/2 the salad. Grrr!

Came home, still stressed. Made some MF chili. Then an hour later, needed some chocolate and ate a medifast bar. Oh, forgot to mention that I'm about ready to be visited by Aunt Flo as well - GREAT COMBO with stress! Grrr!!

I'm so upset with myself that I gave into the dreaded eat monster. I know I'm stronger than that. I have so many things to do before I leave for Tampa and with work so busy right now, I must be strong and overcome the food triggers and stressers!

It's a bit scary at how fast the pounds come back on as I get so close to transitioning to maintenance.

Today is another day. I do have a busy day today - completely filled with meetings and interviews, including coming home at lunch to interview a housecleaner YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try to fit in my manicure and pedicure after work and get that off my "to do" list.

Brushing myself off and entering a new day. Thanks for letting me whine a bit.
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby loriannk » August 2nd, 2006, 7:05 am

Hi Smarti!

There are worse food things you could have eaten. I think you did pretty good considering the stress and everything else. The important thing is you are back on the MF train this morning. Don't even think about yesterday anymore. Its done and you cant do anything about it.

I bet you will feel better after the manicure and pedicure.

Keep Shakin! :D
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby smartipantz » August 2nd, 2006, 12:17 pm

Oh yes Lori - you are absolutely right! It could have been worse.

I do feel SOOOOOOO much better today. Actually a good day at work. Hired me a housecleaner (YEAH!!!) and looking forward to my manicure and pedicure tonight.

And like I thot - hello Aunt Flo......... no wonder for the meltdown and food necessity. I typically am OK but if I get overly stressed at this time (along with the pressures of leaving for a week), it just possessed me!

Thanks for the kind words!!

Hugs,

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » August 25th, 2006, 8:40 pm

156.1 :oops:

Well, after a week in Tampa for a conference and then five days in Vegas for fun......... I managed to gain 7 pounds. I suppose that is what I get for not taking my stuff with me. I'm not that worried about it because I'm totally back on program today and plan on getting rid of this excess weight fast. When I went on my cruise in April, I gained 10 pounds in 11 days and lost all 10 pounds in 4 days.

OMG have the killer "beginning the program" headache today - again, I'm being punished for going off program!! I deserve it....... but did enjoy my trips :)

Back in the saddle againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Hi Smarti,
I'm back in the saddle too...let's hear it for day 2! I'm so mad at myself, but I'm confident I'll jump right back on the wagon. I think a big part of it for me was fear of success, fear of finishing (reaching goal), fear of transitioning and maintenance, fear. Am I a dumb-butt or what?

I'm glad you're back, I'm glad I'm back!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » August 29th, 2006, 6:59 am

Thanks Dede! Yep - let's saddle up and get our dumb-butts back in shape.

Had a pretty good few days with the exception of Sunday which was our fantasy football draft. There are three of us on the program that attended and all three of us cheated. But I didn't do too bad... just a few things.

I'm getting close to where I started. Just give me a few more days and I'll be there. 100% compliant is my motto. Come too far to give this up now!

OK Dede....... just you and me girlfriend!! Are you going to Sundance?
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal