Smartipantz

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby smartipantz » August 30th, 2006, 7:02 am

Little by little the weight comes back off but have to be 100% compliant. Only 3 pounds away from my "pre-vacation" weight.... so feeling better every day.

Getting so close to goal allows me to become comfortable with my weight and I tend to stray off program.... not alot and not with bad foods, but it's like a mini maintenance program. I need to stop doing this and just kick my butt on the right track. I'll be at goal soon!! I've been 100% compliant since Sunday and plan to stick to it until goal. I just need to drop these pounds!!!!

I've come along way and have help several people along the way to lose their extra baggage and feel good about myself for those reasons. Was talking to my stepsister last night...... she's lost 60 pounds, my stepmom has lost 40 pounds and I've lost 60 pounds - that a total of 160 pounds between the three of us - we've lost a person!! WOO HOO!! Gotta feel good about that!

Have a great one,

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » September 6th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Go get 'em, Keri!!! Three cans of Crisco and a box of butter to go!!!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby smartipantz » September 8th, 2006, 6:23 am

Yeah I know, I haven't exactly been great but I have been staying in the same area. I don't know why I keep sabataging the program and doing this. I just want to get to goal!!!!

I did have a NSV last night though. I went to Macy's to buy some new clothes. I was in the dressing room and there was an employee that was helping another lady in the next booth over. I came out to look at the outfit I was trying on and the employee say "wow, that looks fantastic on you." Of course I thanked her.

When I was at the register paying for the stuff I was going to buy, this employee came up to me and said "what are you doing Saturday?" I said I was going to be in Portland all day. She said "Shoot! I wanted you to be a model in our grand opening fashion show." Wow, never been asked to be in a fashion show before.

I came home and told my hubby that they either needed a middle age, semi overweight woman or I just looked hot! hehe He said "Regardless, you know they would not even have looked twice at the old Keri. But I know the reason, you look hot and you do not need to lose any more weight!!"

Yippee for me!!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby smartipantz » October 4th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Well here I am again. Didn't want to think I have neglected all those that got me where I am today. Just have been busier than normal.

I'm back on the program 100% (ok for the last three days) and no more messing around! I have spent the last two months semi on program and not being compliant. I do have to say that keeping with the program for the most part has kept me from gaining... which is a great sign for things to come.

I have joined the fitness center and getting my body in shape and hoping that in itself helps kick off the last 9 pounds I want to lose. I'm taking this AWESOME group power class which consists of men and women weightlifting to music. It's awesome and very challenging. It's with free weights and lots of squats!! I'm actually getting some major definition in my arms which is nice.

When the class isn't being held, I do an hour of cardio (1/2 hour jogging on the treadmill and 1/2 hour on the bike). Yeah, 2 miles jogging/walking and 14 miles biking. OMG the old Keri wouldn't have been able to do that.

I feel so much better about myself. I actually look like I fit in with the rest of the class and don't feel like an overweight person! What an excellent feeling.

Well off to work out!! :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Mike » October 8th, 2006, 9:15 pm

By the way... was great to meet you at the Supersaturday in Portland. Di and I had a great time. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Seemelose » October 9th, 2006, 9:57 pm

Hi Keri,
It was great to see you on Sat. You look great. Wow I can tell that you are very close to goal. I was just reading back through your journal and it seams that when you got close to goal you got confused about where you were going and that seamed to derail you. Why don't you just concentrate on reaching your original goal. Once you are there you can see how you feel. But it would be a great feeling to to be able to say I DID IT. Once you have done that you can reavaluate and decide if you are happy at that weight. You are soooo very close. I will be watching to see when you cross the finish line. You can do it!!!!
Sharon
Seemelose
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Diana » October 9th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Shakeshakeshake, shake yer bootay...

Got, Keri, Go!!!

(er...um... make that Go, Keri, Go!!!)
Last edited by Diana on October 19th, 2006, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby smartipantz » October 18th, 2006, 7:06 am

Mike, Diana, and Sharon - it was a delight to see you all at the Saturday training. Man, you all look awesome!!! Keep up the good work!

You are right Sharon! I keep getting derailed and really not sure why. I get so close to my goal and just blow it. It's not that I'm afraid of it - I really want to get there but I guess it's being comfortable in my skin (sorta), feeling I can gradually get back to eating some of the foods I have been without, gain a pound or two and lose it right away. I guess there is something to say for not gaining all my weight back however, I sure would like to get these last few pounds off!!

I am working out quite a bit which will tend to make you gain a little since muscle weighs more than fat. I'm working out about 6 times a week (alternating days of weights and cardio). Getting some pretty good definition in these arms.... but ARG!!!!!!!! the stupid women wings - ICK!! Hope no one stands behind me in a wind storm or they might get slapped silly by the sagging skin!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame the lack of weight loss on working out - I know it's me!! I'm not being 100% compliant! One day I'll get there :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Previous

Return to My Journal