It is currently May 25th, 2024, 7:33 am

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Transition - Phase "A"

I figured that posting my experiences in going thru transition will help keep me on the path (i.e., preventing forays into Dunkin Donuts) and will hopefully help others who come after me figure this stuff out without making my mistakes. (Donna, Catherine? I'm waitin'!)

I began transitioning on Sunday, March 27. I started, however, at what MF calls "Phase 4" because I was already doing lean & green and had already added an extra serving ...
Read more : Transition - Phase "A" | Views : 1800 | Replies : 15

Another posrtcard from the Planet of Thin......

Hello, my Fastin' Friends 8)

WOW!!!!!!! It is GREAT to see so many new names here, and so much successful weight loss!!!!!! CONGRATULATION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I am happily maintaining my 70 pound MF weight loss......5 months and counting ;)

Best of all, I'm maintaining while eating real food, I'm not ...
Read more : Another posrtcard from the Planet of Thin...... | Views : 620 | Replies : 4

Question about transition

Boy, is it *weird* posting in the Maintenance forum! Woo-hoo! :mrgreen:

I've been reading voraciously about the transition process in all my MF materials, and in the Shaker Jar book, and in Nancy's transition newsletter. The plan sounds easy, but I have one question... It seems that during the transition phase, I will be at times adding a food (such as a serving of veggies in ...
Read more : Question about transition | Views : 879 | Replies : 3

Postcards from the Planet of Thin......

Hello, my friends!

Those of you who've been around a while know who I am.....and to all the newbies out there....Hello :mrgreen:

I lost 60 pounds on the MF full shake plan, and have lost another TEN POUNDS since going through transition and eating "real" food 8)

This forum was a TREMENDOUS BLESSING to me while I was ...
Read more : Postcards from the Planet of Thin...... | Views : 917 | Replies : 9

Good Balsamic Vinegar

Hey you other maintainers,

Are you using balsamic vinegar? I found a spectacular tasting one at William Sonoma "Fini". Little expensive at $10+ for 7oz bottle, but VERY GOOD!

Any others recommended?

I have a salad of raw spinach and fat-free cottage cheese with balsamic vinegar followed by grilled chicken or steak in the same plate using the remaining vinegar as a sauce. Broke da mouth ono! (extremely delicious in Hawaiian pigeon).

Camille
Read more : Good Balsamic Vinegar | Views : 1031 | Replies : 4

Power Tools for Maintenance

On New Year's Day, I decided it was best to have a treat in the way of grilled rib-eye steaks. For Christmas I received the Cuisinart Griddler so this was the perfect test drive for it. Man o man! This little dealie is terrific for grilling chicken and other meats. Talk about fast since it cooks the top and bottom at the same time. The extra fat is allowed to drain off making it healthier ...
Read more : Power Tools for Maintenance | Views : 835 | Replies : 2

Interesting Article

Yale Researcher Finds Pattern in Maintaining Weight Loss

New Haven, CT -- (HealthNewsDigest.com)...Eighteen women who maintained a weight loss of 15 to 144 pounds for at least one year and as long as 27 years followed similar patterns leading to consistent behavior change, according to a study published in the Nursing Science Quarterly.

Diane Berry, a postdoctoral fellow at Yale School of Nursing, interviewed 20 women in the study. Seventeen of the women were enrolled ...
Read more : Interesting Article | Views : 629 | Replies : 0

Struggling

I have to confess, I am really struggling with this maintenance thing. I kind of feel like I breezed through the weight loss phase. That doesn't mean it was always easy, but I was focused and confident that I would see it through which I did. Now I'm in the brave new world of trying to keep it off which is a whole different ballgame.

First, I feel old habits creeping back and it scares ...
Read more : Struggling | Views : 671 | Replies : 3

Maintenance Tools

In transition now, soon I'll be on the Maintenance Highway. For those who are well travelled there, what do you use to educate yourself on calories, carbohydrates, and fat content? Do you carry a little book that has all the different foods with their numbers?

Also, as for journaling, what do you use? Do you carry it with you and note what you eat right afterwards, or do you do it all later that night? ...
Read more : Maintenance Tools | Views : 881 | Replies : 6

One Week into Transition

Howdy Gang,

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and my 7th day of transition. I had 6 days of 5 shakes and 3-4 oz of lean turkey. Yesterday was the start of my second week so for this week I'll have 5 shakes, 3-4 oz of lean meat, and 1 to 2 cups of salad daily. It was neat that I got to start the salad when it was Thanksgiving Day so I felt like I had something ...
Read more : One Week into Transition | Views : 893 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286