lifelovinaries

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » March 8th, 2010, 11:08 am

Susie Q wrote:CONGRATS on the three pounds this week!! I'm sooo glad to see that our scales are back to being nice! I hope they stay that way!! I'm 24 pounds away from the wedding goal -- I CAN DO THAT!!! Of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for even more but 24 pounds will get me to the wedding goal and that will totally rock!

:heart:
oops, forgot to comment on this in my last post. thanks and 24lbs is DEFINITELY do-able. Unfortunately, things have been so unpredictable this time for me, it's hard to make predictions. So, my positive thoughts are that this can be kicked back up to AT LEAST 2.5lbs a week for us (with a few weeks of larger losses thrown in :) ). Oh yeah, about that "in-between sizes thing". I know the feeling. I mean, why isn't there a COMPLETE standard of how clothes are cut???? :shock: I have a pair of size 16 pants that i bought a long time ago. At the time, i was in between 16s and 14s so i figured they would definitely be fine. Well, they completely ruined my morning one day because i had taken out the outfit to wear to work and when i put the pants on...uh, can we say i had to take another look at the tag to make sure they weren't size 12. Well guess what? NOW THEY FIT! My other 12s are still snug and my 14s are getting pretty baggy but i make them work. I think i am going to cut the size tag out of those size 16s because the number bothers me when i know it is so inaccurate. I absolutely LOVE being able to wear more of the clothes in my closet again. I have only lost about 18lbs but it makes a HUGE difference! Oh yeah, there's that number 18 (lbs) still falling further behind you! LMAO! I definitely need another few big weeks. I'm trying to stay at your heels girlie.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » March 10th, 2010, 7:24 am

lifelovinaries wrote: I think i am going to cut the size tag out of those size 16s because the number bothers me when i know it is so inaccurate.

Hey there OC - I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am to see you say that!!!! I know how caught up we can all get about "numbers", numbers on the scale, numbers on tags, BMI numbers blah blah blah... I just love it when I know I can wear something "now" that I couldn't wear "then". As I gained my weight back, I really didn't notice as much because I gained it back differently than before so the fit of most of my clothing didn't change until I was almost to my start weight. I know that some of that was because I didn't want to take responsibility for how I was living/eating and I ignored the slightly "snugger" fit until one day they just didn't fit at all. Anyway, I am rambling and I can do that in my journal. I just wanted to say that I am happy to see that sometimes you can overlook the number and be happy with the obvious - that you are succeeding!!!!!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » March 10th, 2010, 4:48 pm

When I read that you were going to take out the numbers. It reminded me of seinfeld when he changed his pants size he was a 34 but he wanted to stay a 32 so he ripped off the numbers and switched it.. Haha
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Susie Q » March 12th, 2010, 5:38 am

OC, girl, you crack me up!! It's funny, I told my man the other day that I should be OK on clothes until June-July depending on my rate of loss. After that, I think I'm out of sizes ---- to which he replied "How many sizes do you have in your closet????" LOL I previously kept everything but this time I am donating my clothes as soon as I can no longer wear them! I think a few 10's and 12's are the lowest I have and most are summer so I should be OK for a little while (of course the clothes to which I am referring I could wear at the same time so what size are they *really*?). Although, if I am forced into new clothes because I'm smaller, I'll gladly go buy some :)

Hope you are having a great week! Mine was kinda crappy but life goes on, right? Good luck with your official WI -- I know your mid week was terrific so I'm looking forward to the next!!!

Hugs! :hug: :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » March 14th, 2010, 1:30 pm

My name is OC and i am a cheater :( Ok, here goes, i will spare you all of the gory details of my indulgences (exact foods eaten, yes foods, not food). Anywho, on wednesday when i weighed in, i had finally made it to onderland (yay me, i think). THEN, i continued to do well until Friday. Just think, i was worried because i had a bday party to attend and wasn't really feeling that strong. seeing onderland was almost like a double edged sword for me. On one hand i was like "oh yeah, i am almost there, keep it going". On the other hand i thought "oh yeah, i am almost there, i can let go just a little". So i was struggling with that but still managed to remain compliant. Well the GOOD thing (kind of) was i couldn't go to the party due to a migraine. We would think that would have helped. HOWEVER, i was dealing with quite a few life stresses at the same time. Once again, the good thing is, I didn't give into eating the wrong stuff due to stress. What messed me up was due to the various stress sources, i was not able to get my supplements in (in a timely manner) so I was STARVING. Through it all, i tried to remain compliant by gobbling up or drinking down 3 supps at one time to try to take the edge off. I even waited for about a half hour after consuming them to give them time to register with my stomach and brain. Unfortunately, THAT never happened and i started to snack on all the wrong things. Needless to say, what started out as a 2.7lb loss as of wednesday (and probably more by friday) ended up as a 1lb loss by today. I guess I should be happy that i still had a loss (and i am) BUT onderland is no more :x . You would think i have learned to prepare better by now. Actually, it wasn't a matter of preparation, it was a matter of timing. The whole time i was not able to get to supplements, i was able to consume my water so i at least got that in and i'm sure that helped a little. I have to look at the bright side, there was no emotional eating this time. I pretty much had that under control. What still bothers me tho is that i wasn't feeling strong enough to know that i could go to the party and not cheat. I knew i could go there and not over-indulge but i was shaky on the full compliance. Once again, the bright side...If i were on maintenance, it would have been a piece of cake (literally, lol). BUT this is NOT maintenance dang nabbit! I really do have a ways to go. So there you have it, my story. Back on the mf train tho...

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » March 14th, 2010, 7:15 pm

It's sooner than you think...you'll get there again!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » March 15th, 2010, 10:04 am

You are stronger than you think girl. You are making healthy choices and staying the course. I remember a time when you would have chucked the whole day just because you slipped up a little. Keep going girl. Onderland is gonna come!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Joy » March 17th, 2010, 10:16 am

It is a battle to break bad habits that were our comfort when nothing else was. It is really learning new skills and coping tools, yet those comfort habits will always be lurking below because they are so deep.

I hope you will win each day over the comfort habit! I have a daily battle sometimes even twice a day.

regards, joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » March 22nd, 2010, 5:12 pm

How's it going??
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 23rd, 2010, 12:46 pm

I totally understand your frustration, but just dust yourself off and get back on track! You have came too far to go back.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Previous

Return to My Journal