lifelovinaries

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » February 14th, 2010, 8:32 am

This is the end of week 6 on the plan for me (or the start of week 7 however you wanna look at it). well as you guys know this was a difficult and frustrating week. I am down 1.3 since last sunday whew! Yesterday was very trying and i tried my best to remain OP. The bad part is, it wasn't trying because of temptations, it was trying because i failed to prepare properly. The day started as I downed a shake and rushed out the door to a meeting. I threw an RTD, a bar and 25 oz of water in my bag thinking that would be sufficient. Well we ended up being out WAY longer than i expected and before i knew it, i was starving and had nothing else to eat/drink. There was nowhere in the area to stop for anything healthy so my choices were limited to what my friend had in her car. Hmmm, for someone that was fighting the scale it became a no brainer with my choice of reese's cups, a butterfinger, a bag of chips or a bag of "heat peanuts". I chose the heat peanuts (peanuts covered in some extra salty, spicy stuff). The carb lvl wasn't too bad but they had like 300 calories for the pack and sodium outta this world. I tried eating them as slow as a hungry girl could hoping that maybe i would be fine after only half of the little pack. Uh, that didn't work, i consumed the whole pack. I have never been so happy to get home and DIVE into a salad. I was so mad at myself for not throwing 2 addition rtd's in my bag but my bag was already heavy enuff and i though i would be back before i needed my 4th supplement. Well all that sodium showed on the scale this morning inspite of all the water i consumed yesterday evening. No problem though because i am proud of myself for making what i thought was the best choice. I wasn't even tempted to eat the other things :thumbup: so this is what has come out of the last 6 wks:

wk 1 -8.5
wk 2 +3.4
wk 3 +2.1
wk 4 -10.4
wk 5 +1
wk 6 -1.3

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 14th, 2010, 2:33 pm

I know what you mean about trying to sub. Today I thought i was only going to be out for a 1/2 hour. Well that turned into 3 hours. Matthew wanted to go to friendly's. Well I had a grilled chicken salad. They did not have any lite dressing so I just got the ceasar on the side. And I used very little. That is the first time I have ever done a medifast meal at a restaurant and I am pretty proud of myself. I do not know how it is going to show on the scale tomorrow. But now I realize I can go out and eat, I just have to make good choices. And Erica you made the right choice
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katesmom » February 15th, 2010, 6:53 am

Hi Erica,
Yes, I agree with Katie that you made the right choice ! Katie did too, infact when I have my daughter with me and a friend suggests Friendl'ys, I am okay with it, as many times I have had their salads and dressing on the side. I did not feel deprived and felt it was the best choice, considering the options !!

Hope you are ready for another great day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 16th, 2010, 7:37 am

Hey, girl! I am sooooooooooo proud of the choice you made!!! That's such a huge victory! I hope you are proud of yourself too!!! Here's to you :cheers: !!

I SO know we're doing it all-the-way this time!!!!

OOPS, I just realized I STILL have not taken measurements - - lazy me :) :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 16th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Susie Q wrote:Hey, girl! I am sooooooooooo proud of the choice you made!!! That's such a huge victory! I hope you are proud of yourself too!!! Here's to you :cheers: !!
Yes, i am pretty proud of myself! Thanks Katie, Pam and SQ for reaffirming my choice. :) Another thing i am happy about is, HISTORICALLY, weekends have been a trying time for me and mf. I would struggle through just about each and every one of them. The past 2 weekends have been a breeze for me. That's probably because the scale has been so "iffy" that i was determined to figure out what the problem was.
Susie Q wrote:OOPS, I just realized I STILL have not taken measurements - - lazy me :) :heart:
neither have i...lol! I haven't even looked for my tape measure but I DID try to buy one when i was in The Vitamine Shoppe but they didn't have any. Maybe by this weekend...

lifelovinaries

Postby katieb920 » February 16th, 2010, 4:14 pm

This past weekend has not been that bad for me. I think working out of home for me is the hardest. Because I can just go into the pantry, and wala. Even going into the restaurants are getting easier.

Hope you have a great day o/p
Katie
katieb920

Postby katieb920 » February 17th, 2010, 5:43 pm

Feeling great,

Have lost a pound since Sunday, I am very happy about that. Just had the brownie for dinner. They are okay. This time I did it in the microwave and I think they turn out a little bit better. But the portion size is so small................ That is why I like my Shakes and Nacho chili cheese puffs, they really fill me up.

I am going out with some girls on friday night to go look for outfits for My company's Party on Monday. I hate going shopping when I am this big especially when the 2 other girls are tiny.

I am doing really well on program, I just have not been drinking my 1 gallon of water that I usually drink a day. I am at 3 quarts. Tomorrow will be day 7 of the restart, and I am really proud of myself, in these past 7 days I have gone out twice and I am still losing. YAY ME..

Well anyways I will chat later.

WHERE IS EVERYONE. I miss you guys
Katie
katieb920

Postby Susie Q » February 18th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Hey, Girl!

Hope u are doing well! Frankly, I think I'm over doing measurements - LOL. Seems like I can't get around to doing them and I've got soo many things to focus on with the wedding, getting the house ready for 2 more people to move in, work, etc etc. I just don’t want to add anything more to my to-do list. I have clothes that I could wear before and I can't now and I'm using them as a barometer. That’s what really matters anyway, isn’t it? :) :) I have a pair of size 12 dress pants that are my next goal -- I can get into them now, I can zip them but I can't wear them in public - LOL. I try them on on WI days so I'll see what progress I made this week with them, if any.

I’m back to steadily losing and that’s a good thing. I hope I keep it up - - I like it so much better when the scale moves south every morning. Even if its just .2, I like seeing it!! Tomorrow is WI for me, is it for you too?

Hugs! :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby katieb920 » February 18th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Ok I am a loser., I posted my thoughts in your journal..... HAHA I went into my journal earlier today and I was like where is my post from yesterday. LOL

Hope everything is cool
Katie
katieb920

Postby Susie Q » February 18th, 2010, 6:53 pm

LOL, Katie! I'm a double loser cuz I meant to post to you about the brownies! I just saw these the other day and wondered if they would be good or worth an order. I'm not ordering food right now cuz I have plenty to keep me going for a while but I did need infusers (mine expired and unlike the other foods they taste like dog poo when they expire!! Ironically the date are 1/31/10 so we're not that far off! It really made me wonder if I got a bad batch because aren't those dates usually 'sell by' dates'?

Any-who - thanks for the tip, I wont order if they are small :) I was also fearing they'd make me crave more. Right now I'm OK with my bars and shakes alone.

TTFN :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 18th, 2010, 7:42 pm

SQ and Katie, you guys are HILARIOUS! I have been doing well on program. The scale is moving downward, but slowly. As long as it's moving in the right direction, i guess i HAVE to be ok with that.

SQ, i know what you mean about the infusers. At first i thought it was just the first one i tried since it was just the regular green tea flavor, it was extremely bitter and had the strangest taste but i finished about 1/3 of it anyway then i couldn't take anymore. I figured a few days later i would try the strawberry one...same thing maybe even a lil worse. Needless to say, i had to throw ALL of them out (about 20 packets). Oh well, money down the drain. Measurements...hmmm...I haven't thought about them too much either. I don't have a wedding or new house occupants to plan for but i have a lot on my plate too. I, too, have been using my clothes as a form of measurement. I wore a pair of pants today that i haven't been comfortable in for a while and they were loose. This is the second pair like that. I have not been brave enough to put on some others because i KNOW that they won't even button. I'm sure i still have about 10-15lbs to go before that happens. So, I will keep at it until i reach my goal. Oh yeah, SQ, isn't EVERY DAY my WI day? lol! I simply go by the Sunday WI to keep it simple.

Katie, i'm glad you are back on it full throttle. We all know it pays off, we just have to keep cashing in! I am almost to Onderland!! woohoo!!! can't wait to see that scale reading of 199, i don't even care if it says 199.9, as long as my first # isn't a 2. lol!! HERE COMES THE WEEKEND LADIES! I'm SOOOO ready for roll call, even if i don't have a huge loss. Every day has me feeling better. Enjoy your last day of the work week. *hugz*

lifelovinaries

Postby Susie Q » February 19th, 2010, 5:12 am

OC, were your infusers past the date as well? or could you tell? I have some that I took out of the box and put in a baggy in my purse that have to be almost as old as the others but they still taste OK. I noticed the individual packets dont have dates on them so how would you know -- and I would have expected them to be like Kool-Aid - - I've never had Kool-Aid go bad like that. I actually have 4 or 5 more boxes, I think. I plan to open them and try one of each box before I just throw them out! I did order a new case the other day. Since I can only drink water these days (booo hoo :cry:) I find I *need* something more than just plain water all the time!!!

I say try those pants on even if you can't button them! Then when you can button them but STILL can't wear them in public you'll be able to see that you've made progress! I just go to my next size down - which is a 12 - and try them on knowing I'm not gonna be OK. But to be truthful, when I tried the 14's on I was shocked I could wear them....here's the funny thing, I recall shopping for them with my best girl friend. When I bought them originally (initial MF journey) I was so dang happy to be in those 14's and I felt SKINNY girl!! Not this time, I feel better but I don't feel skinny yet. By this point previously though I was down close to 50 pounds so I can see why I would have felt that way before, I'd come a long way.....and I felt skinny too when I got to my lowest weight even though I wasn't at goal. Looking back at pics now, I'm not even close to being happy with that look - LOL. Isn't that funny? Wonder how I will feel when I am at that weight again?

Here's the good news - my man notices. He, of course, knows I'm doing the dirt diet but I dont talk about how much I weigh vs how much I've lost. I figured when I lose he'll eventually notice. He noticed early and says something often -- its a good motivator for me too :)

OK, gotta go post in my journal......maybe we should all just post in yours and save us the time of going elsewhere :) LOL :roflmao:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 19th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Susie Q wrote:OC, were your infusers past the date as well? or could you tell? I have some that I took out of the box and put in a baggy in my purse that have to be almost as old as the others but they still taste OK.
nope, can't tell if they were expired, they were out of the box. I also had some in a baggy and some in a little plastic box i kept at work.
Susie Q wrote:I say try those pants on even if you can't button them! Then when you can button them but STILL can't wear them in public you'll be able to see that you've made progress! I just go to my next size down - which is a 12 - and try them on knowing I'm not gonna be OK. But to be truthful, when I tried the 14's on I was shocked I could wear them
They are size 12 and i tried them on a looong time ago (some of them) they JUST made it over my butt and thighs I know i haven't gotten that far in life to button them again but i will try, JUST FOR YOU LOL! I plan on being in them by late spring/early summer. Sooner, if you send that fairy girl on over. ;)
Susie Q wrote:....here's the funny thing, I recall shopping for them with my best girl friend. When I bought them originally (initial MF journey) I was so dang happy to be in those 14's and I felt SKINNY girl!! Not this time, I feel better but I don't feel skinny yet. By this point previously though I was down close to 50 pounds so I can see why I would have felt that way before, I'd come a long way.....and I felt skinny too when I got to my lowest weight even though I wasn't at goal. Looking back at pics now, I'm not even close to being happy with that look - LOL. Isn't that funny? Wonder how I will feel when I am at that weight again?
I know the feeling. Last time at a size 12 (some larger cut 10s) i felt SUPER SKINNY and i thought a solid size 10 would be too small for my build. This time i am shooting for the size 10. Jeez, i even had a couple of pair of size 11 juniors. Unfortunately, before when i was a size 12, so many people were telling me that i was getting too small, actually, i agreed. Of course my macaroni n cheese and kool-aid bretheren do not conform to this stick figure culture that society impresses upon us at times. I will lose til i feel healthy again. I have fat in places that will cause my pants size to be bigger, no matter what. If i lost too much, my "assets" would also be lost lol! Even close to a size 10, my BMI still registered as overweight. I could NEVER be a size 8 because i would look kinda like a q-tip or a lollipop. Shoot, i could probably button the waist of a size 8 around my head right now. We all know that the head itself will not get smaller with weight loss. :(

Susie Q wrote:Here's the good news - my man notices. He, of course, knows I'm doing the dirt diet but I dont talk about how much I weigh vs how much I've lost. I figured when I lose he'll eventually notice. He noticed early and says something often -- its a good motivator for me too :)
THAT'S wonderful! wish i knew what that felt like *sniff sniff*
Susie Q wrote:OK, gotta go post in my journal......maybe we should all just post in yours and save us the time of going elsewhere :) LOL :roflmao:

sounds good to me because sometimes i don't have the time to visit all of the journals i would like. good thing it's kinda slow around here and there only seems to be a handful or so of us that post. Well TTFN guys! until tomorrow...

lifelovinaries

Postby katieb920 » February 20th, 2010, 6:15 am

Hello Ms Thing,

Very Jealous of you 2 talking about 10's and 12's. Gosh the last time I think I was a 10 or 12 was in 97 when I got married. Some times I wonder why did god make it that some people are overweight, and some people are super skinny. I wonder about stuff like that alot. Then I just end up blaming my parents, because in actuality they made me. LOL Just kidding. I do not want to be anyone else, I love everything about myself. I am fun, my husband loves me for who I am, The only thing is my weight. Which I have been struggling since 6th grade. My friends love me, They think I am very funny and outgoing, they are amazed that I can just walk up to anyone and just start a conversation. But always in the back of my mind I always think about my weight, Are they staring at me because of my size.

Well anyways I really like writing in your journal more then mine. HAHAHAHAHA

Have a great day
Katie
katieb920

Postby oksoonergirl26 » February 22nd, 2010, 11:01 am

You guys seriously crack me up! All three of you! A note about the sizes, be careful you may skip sizes. I was a 18/20 (more like a 20) when I started and my goal was a size 12. When I started losing I bought some 16s and then some 14s, well I went from the 16s straight to the 12s, totally skipped the 14s and the stuff I bought I had to give away. These last few months I was trying to get into some 10s and I went from the 12s to 8s-I really never thought I would ever be able to fit into a single digit ever again. I haven't been this small since I got married and I was a size 6, which is my next goal. I don't think I will go any smaller than that, I don't see the need. I am pretty short, so it should be okay. I was watching the Today show with Hoda Kotb, my favorite person on the show, and they were talking about Fashion Week and how the models were even skinnier this year than last. One model, who is 5"10 and weighs 105, can't get below a size 4 because she has hips and breasts-as a result she is losing work because she isn't a 0. That makes me angry :x ! Then they showed Victoria Beckham, who looks like an alien to me, and basically blasted her for being so incredibly skinny and designing a fashion line of clothing that is also for the super skinny. At some point you have to say "enough" and when you stop looking like a woman, and are more angles than curves, it is enough. Sorry I had to rant and when I think of clothes...well.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal