It is currently May 5th, 2024, 6:13 am

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Entering the World of Transition!

SEPTEMBER 2, 2006

134.7 IN THE WORLD OF TRANSITION!

I am beginning another exciting phase in my journey of weight loss and transition/maintenance.
Whoohoo, I was under my goal of 135# this morning. I’m sure it will fluctuate up or down while I am adjusting my body’s metabolism.

As I mentioned in an earlier journal post, my plan looks different from the regular transition plan because it is the Senior Plan (age), so I will ...
Read more : Entering the World of Transition! | Views : 4074 | Replies : 33

Ready or not, here I go ...

I posted this in my journal, but I thought it probably belongs here, too.

OK, got my BFL books today. It looks pretty reasonable, and pretty close to what I was going to do anyway. Six meals a day (although I may stick with my seven), 40 percent protein, 40 percent carbs, 20 percent fat. With a list of acceptable foods (basically leaner proteins, lower-GI carbs, healthy fats). With one day a week to eat ...
Read more : Ready or not, here I go ... | Views : 3147 | Replies : 32

On to Transition/Maintenance Phase.....

DAY ONE

Today is Day One of my Transition Phase after hitting goal on Sunday. I wanted to start Transition on August 1 so I would have an easier time keeping track of the number of days for each phase.

I weighed in at 148 exactly this morning. I will be weighing everyday now instead of once a week to monitor how my body reacts to the addition of new foods and the increase of ...
Read more : On to Transition/Maintenance Phase..... | Views : 3211 | Replies : 38

I Wondered About Calories, Carbs etc During Maintenance

I asked the nutritionist at mymedifast dot com and this is what I was told:

Maintenance varies from person to person. Some individuals may maintain at 1500 calories while others may need more or less calories. We recommend aiming for 1500 calories for a least a month following the transition program. Fat intake for the one month following is about 45-50 grams, carbohydrates is about 140-155 grams, and protein is about 125-135 grams. This may ...
Read more : I Wondered About Calories, Carbs etc During Maintenance | Views : 1216 | Replies : 10

Might help...

Maybe some of you have found these...

Hot Pockets brand have a Lean Pocket ULTRA now they are 210 cal., fat isn't too bad but the great thing is that the carbs and protein are actually BALANCED!!! How great is that?!!

I tried them on my kids and the love them. Have only found Ham and Cheese and Supreme Pizza flavors.

Just thought they might help someone looking for something quick and tasty that won't ...
Read more : Might help... | Views : 770 | Replies : 0

transition phase

anyone out there in transition? Help!
Read more : transition phase | Views : 1151 | Replies : 14

Maintenance is harder than weight loss

I've been doing maintenance for about a month now and all along i've been slowly still losing. This week I weighed 119 which in and of itself is not a big deal, but like i've said in previous posts i don't want to go down any more sizes in my clothes, especially since i've spent a lot of money on the new clothes i have. so i decided to add some more food. so this ...
Read more : Maintenance is harder than weight loss | Views : 1015 | Replies : 6

I See A Light

I'm getting soooooo close to my goal, I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. YIPPEE!!!!!

I have a question for those who have been on maintenance. Is it best to wait until you have met your goal weight or should you start transitioning about 5 pounds from your goal weight? In reading about the transition plan, I'm sure you will still continue to lose some weight eating 1500 calories and less ...
Read more : I See A Light | Views : 911 | Replies : 4

Back to goal weight

I've been obsessed with the scale lately and i've been weighing everyday since I got back from vacation. So today when I got on the scale I saw my goal number again. I was really surprised that it only took 5 days but happy. Maybe the two pounds were water? who knows. doesn't really matter. i'm just happy to be at goal once again.
Read more : Back to goal weight | Views : 1098 | Replies : 6

Back from vacation and 2 lbs heavier :(

it's not such a big deal... i expected worse. the only reason i'm disappointed is because i had just hit the original goal. other than that, i deserve to be 10 pounds heavier from the way i ate on vacation. i've save you the ugly food details. i am paying for it though. i've got 3 pimples and a sore on my tongue. definitely not worth it :) ...
Read more : Back from vacation and 2 lbs heavier :( | Views : 853 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286