I See A Light

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

I See A Light

Postby smartipantz » June 21st, 2006, 7:10 am

I'm getting soooooo close to my goal, I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. YIPPEE!!!!!

I have a question for those who have been on maintenance. Is it best to wait until you have met your goal weight or should you start transitioning about 5 pounds from your goal weight? In reading about the transition plan, I'm sure you will still continue to lose some weight eating 1500 calories and less for a month. Not that I couldn't stand to lose a few extra pounds.......seriously it wouldn't hurt me - just wondering!!

Gr8 - YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm soooo proud of you. I'll be tracking your progress!!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 21st, 2006, 9:43 am

Hi there, Smarti ~

I want to tell you that I am so happy for your success, too. I look forward to seeing you again in The Thin! You looked great the first time I met you and you've lost more weight since then.

It is best to reach your goal before transitioning. There is a great sense of accomplishment in reaching your goal and the psychological impact is great. Don't mess with your mind - reach goal first. Go through transition properly. The people that beat the weight/mind issues most successfully reach their goal, follow each step of the transition plan as it is designed and then incorporate the BeSlim™ Philosophy every day.

You will experience weight fluctuation during transition. My weight went up the first week or two and it freaked me out.

[Because you and other new readers may not know my history here – my own Health Advisor was not available most of the time as he traveled out of the country with his full time job and he had not reached his goal weight. (Shocking, eh? Yep, he went off the program all the time – he liked to have beer and alcoholic drinks and he did not reach his goal. He did not go thru transition. His life served as an example to me – I was determined to reach goal no matter how much I wanted to have my cake and eat it, too. I saw what happens when people mess with the program.]

Generally, our weight will fluctuate several pounds during the first couple of weeks on transition – primarily due to fluid changes. About the third week, my weight started to balance and then I dropped a few pounds by the end of the transition period. I added one new food per week. I lost another pound or two during maintenance.

Keri, you have worked hard, you went on a cruise and you are sliding in to home base now. This is a major life change for you and we are just so thrilled about your success. Use all the strength that’s within you to reach your goal weight.

What’s the best thing that’s happened to you recently?

I went to a birthday party for our grandson last Saturday and wore my leather pants. I got a lot of compliments and it made me feel so pleased to know that I looked good but the best part of all is to know that because I took control of my eating habits and now I am healthier and will live longer to enjoy my family and friends! Nothing can taste better than improved health!

Keep up the awesome work!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby gr8bnme » June 23rd, 2006, 5:13 am

Thanks Smarti! I'm so happy for you. It's very exciting to know that you are almost there :). The transition guide says to wait til you reach your goal before starting transition. I ofcourse didn't follow that exactly because i wanted to be on transition for my vacation. I started transition with 2 pounds to go. I eventually lost the 2 pounds (finally saw goal!) and then went on vacation and gained them back (oh well :( ) and now have found my goal number again. I think i've been at goal for a week now since vacation and I have been fluctuating within my goal 120.2 to 120.8. so far so good :)...

hopefully that gives you some idea. it's been my experience that you still lose some during transition/maintenance but the book says to wait.

Another reason I didn't wait is because i began to be smaller than the clothes size i really wanted to be. I wanted to be a 4 and i've ended up a size 2. I didn't want to be a 0 so i figured i needed to halt.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Last edited by gr8bnme on June 26th, 2006, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby smartipantz » June 23rd, 2006, 6:12 am

OMG a size 2???? I think my arm is a size 2!!!!

I set my goal at 145, which is a healthy and I'm hoping a realistic weight to maintain. Who knows what will happen... I may want to lose more at a later date.

Thanks Nancy! Thanks Gr8! for the great words of wisdom. I'll be checking in.
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » July 15th, 2006, 3:51 am

You guys are all great :cheers:
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Maintenance