Crystal Light

Add your favorite recipes.

Crystal Light

Postby KatyBob » October 29th, 2006, 6:22 pm

I just left Wal-Mart where I was comparing Crystal Light and the Wal-Mart "Great Value" Brand. I did not realize that Crystal Light has 5 calories in it! Good news the other is zero calories. I have been drinking Crystal Light off and on throughout the last few months not realizing it is not on the plan.

Just a warning/reminder
KatyBob

Postby DogMa » October 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Crystal Light is allowed, according to the Quick Start Guide.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Crystal Light

Postby c0rie » October 31st, 2006, 11:23 am

In the Quick Start guide, it does mention “non caloric beverages" (i.e.) crystal light. So I was also a little confused about it as well. My health advisor said that it was okay, but I guess it’s a little contradicting to the book. So I don't really know. But I know its yummy!
c0rie
c0rie

Postby Mike » October 31st, 2006, 1:07 pm

Crystal light, although not totally non caloric, is very low caloric. It is allowed, but remember, you want to have as much of your water as pure water.
As we lose weight, our fat cells shrink and as they do, they release all of the garbage that they have stored up. Pure water is the best thing to take in to rinse these impurities away. When we add more stuff to our bodies (like artificial sweeteners), it slows this cleasing process.
So, yes, feel free to have some crystal light, just try to make sure you get as much pure water in as you can. I try for at least 64 oz of pure a day and then flavored water or coffee after that. The more pure water, the better.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » October 31st, 2006, 3:39 pm

I tried both brands, Walmart and also Crystal Lite, and I go with the zero everything across the board product, as well. Why not?! :lol:
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Return to Lean Cuisine