CRYSTAL LIGHT

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

CRYSTAL LIGHT

Postby katieb920 » July 19th, 2006, 10:47 am

I know I am suppose to drink a bunch of water. But sometimes I get so bored with water. Can I use crystal light for my water intake.

Thanks everyone. :?
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 19th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Oh yeah! I love that stuff! Go for it! Just remember there is 5 calories for each.

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby caligirl » July 19th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Yes you may, it really helps. But it's not calorie free. 64 ounces of crystal light equals 40 calories. But it's better than not getting your water in, I think!
Try a squeeze of lemon and a little splenda too.
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Sarya » July 19th, 2006, 12:51 pm

The preferred liquid is pure water. I've seen the MF nutritionist say 64oz of PLAIN water, but I know plenty of other people use other non-calorie drinks.

I personally try to stick with 8 glasses of pure water. I notice a better loss and less headaches and disgestion weirdness if I drink mostly pure water and very little diet soda or crystal light like drinks.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katieb920 » July 19th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Wow thanks for the fast reply. I usually always get my 64oz in but Anything over that I need something just a little sweet. I gave up diet coke well trying. :wave:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Water....water....water

Postby mousehouse62 » July 19th, 2006, 1:23 pm

I feel somedays if I could float a boat in my bladder.........and I do the "pee-pee" dance until I am free'd from my desk.....I bet sometimes my patients wonder why my eyes are floating......:0)
I am in love with Sugar-Free Grape Kool-aid but I still drink my portion of water throughout the day.
Good luck.....and have a glass of H2O on me!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 19th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I am with Sarya, that pure water is the best source to get our minimal amount of daily fluids. I also do better without diet sodas or Crystal Light. But, to each their own. I think that I may have had one diet soda since beginning the program. In the beginning, trying to get all the water in was a daily struggle, now it just comes naturally. In time, it really does get easier.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 19th, 2006, 4:31 pm

I get bored with pure water also. I usually have 3-4 bottles of pure water each day. You are also allowed diet sodas, coffee, tea, etc, as well as non calorie beverages. Check out your quick start guide, its all listed in there.
The more pure water you drink though, the cleaner your system will be.... :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elke » July 20th, 2006, 6:21 am

I have changed my drinking habits lately, I now drink 60 to 80 oz of regular water at work and then when I get home I have another 32 oz of flavored water, that give me about 112 oz of water a day. The little flavors are great but I was going through the too fast$$$$$$$$$
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Amber » July 20th, 2006, 7:20 am

I usually mix in the tiniest bit of a sugar free flavored sparkling water. Just a bit of flavor adds interest.
Also I find that I can get more water in if it is carbonated.

:pour:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

WATER WATER WATER

Postby eddieHoustonTX » July 20th, 2006, 9:59 am

Hi Katie,

The water will grow on you. It is a vital, necessary part of your weight loss. I generally drink about 3 liters of water per day, and yes at times it does get boring--but as your body adapts, you will crave the hydration and actually find youself thirsty for water. I do not use CRYSTAL LIGHT as a method to handle my daily water because I aim to develop cravings for water, that is the elixer of life!! After all of the horrible fast food and gallons of sugary sodas I am guilty of in my past, I need to get addicted to good stuff!! Let me know if you have any questions and have a great day!! Good luck!
:pour:
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 20th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Me,
I had trouble getting my water in, so I was splitting up one of those crystal light to go's into about 3 bottles of water. I then weaned myself off it. I now drink about 100oz of water a day, one bottle of the flavored Dasani and a Diet Coke a day (down from 4 liters, pretty good). I agree with Eddie and others, I find myself craving plain water now and I NEVER thought I'd ready myself typing that! I also notice that when I have plain water, my weight loss stays consistent. If I have crystal light water now, it triggers a sugar craving, that's just me though!

Just do your best and the water intake WILL get easier, who knows, you might even like it!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.