Saturday is the big day!

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Saturday is the big day!

Postby Lauren » March 31st, 2011, 2:39 pm

Hey, all!

It doesn't look like there's much action here these days, and I'm not sure where everyone has disappeared to. But this site is where my journey began, and the place where all the support continued for years, so this is where I shall post! :-)

Saturday I am getting married. To a wonderful man. In a sleek fitted dress.

My family and friends have told me this is a most special event because so many of the people there watched me change my life a few years back, and thus watched me create a new future. I'm absolutely not saying you can't be happy or in love or have a great family if you're heavy. I am saying that I, personally, needed to create a whole new life for myself, before I was able to find more. And I have.

So, I just wanted to thank all of you who played a role in my success in losing this weight and maintaining it, and if there's anyone out there who doesn't know me or my story, just know this:

It works. And your life will change. Just do it.

Love to all,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Re: Saturday is the big day!

Postby Tawanda » April 2nd, 2011, 6:48 am

Lauren, so excited and happy for you and your 'soon to be' husband. I wish you many, many decades of happiness together.

I hope you'll share a photo (or PM me if you don't mind sharing but prefer not to put it here on the forum).

I wish we'd get updates from others who were once very active on the forum, but I am guessing that you are one of the very few that kept the weight off. I saw a photo, taken last summer, of one of our successful, long time posters and they had gained much, if not all of their weight back. I can see how it can happen (oh so easily) which makes me all the more happy for you and your success in keeping your weight under control. I am working hard to be one of those 5% that keep the weight off. Very difficult but doable if we do not forget how miserable the extra weight & eating makes us feel.

Congratulations again!!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katieb920 » June 21st, 2011, 9:51 am

Lauren,

I know that this is going to sound so random. But i thought of you. Medifast is looking for people in the NYC area that has lost over 100#.

Here is the info. Congrats on the wedding

Good morning! Do you live in the NYC area and have lost 100+ lbs?? We want to hear from you ASAP for a potential opportunity. Please email publicrelations@choosemedifast.com w/details and pics!

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lauren » June 21st, 2011, 2:42 pm

Hey, Katie, that's so funny - yep, random, but I like that you thought of me! :-)

Thanks for the info. I don't generally do the PR stuff about my weight loss - mostly because the idea of publicly parading my pre and post pictures and weights doesn't thrill me. That's actually weird, because I will certainly tell anyone I meet about my weight loss, but having it be super public sort of weirds me out. I'm a bit of a private person in that way.

Thanks for the wedding wishes, too, it was amazing! Now back to normal life and enjoying the start of summer. How are you doing? I hope really well - despite the profound lack of discourse on the site these days. Where did everyone go?

Anyway, thanks for thinking of me!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby supermom » June 21st, 2011, 10:00 pm

Hey Lauren---A HUGE congratulations on your wedding!! I think of you often. I am thrilled that you are doing good and have found that special someone. I am doing okay. I still have weight to lose, but it is no one's fault but my own!! It is funny--I was fighting and struggling my way through my son's cancer and my youngest son's premature birth when I was on the boards all the time. Everyone is happy and healthy now, I graduated and completed my boards for licensure, worked for a few years and then resigned. I have been a stay at home mom for the last year and a half and I love it. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have been looking for something I can do from home to help supplement our income, but I haven't found anything legitimate. I refuse to sacrifice my children's happiness and their educational success so we have extra money for "stuff". Since I started staying at home, my two oldest sons have stopped fighting with each other, my oldest son (the one who had brain cancer) has gained so much self confidence--he made the A honor roll the last six weeks of school. And for a child who suffers with short term memory loss related to his illness and is severely dyslexic, that is a huge accomplishment. My middle son has discovered his love for reading and my youngest son, well, lets just say he has "come out of his shell"! My husband and I have re discovered each other as well. Seems like we just passed each other coming and going when I was working as a nurse. We were paying someone to raise our children. Now, WE are raising our children.

Enough about me! Again, congratulations to you! Would LOVE to see some photos!!

Hugs,
Laurie E., Supermom
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Maintenance