Backed Into It - Monday Came on Saturday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Backed Into It - Monday Came on Saturday

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2005, 8:54 pm

So I made a commitment to start MF on Monday - this Monday. I just felt it would be easier at work were I, like eveyone else am busy and would not have time to really think about it. But my MF came. I kept looking at it and reading posts.

I did not have time to grocery shop this week so my husband went. Bless him, but we do not buy the same things. So, I was getting ready for work Friday morning - wondering what to bring - realized we did not have anything and then thought well, why don't I take some MF and just try it. So I took the oatmeal and a shake.

I kept reading about how everyone wasn't hungry the first day but I knew it would be different for me b/c I love carbs and had been eating a ton in anticipation of D Day. I had planned to do Atkins the week prior to starting MF to help with the eat a lot issue and get over the carb cravings. Never got to it - too busy eating what I like to call "last suppers." At any rate I took my MF and ate it and I was starving. So I ate a salad for lunch and one for dinner.

Then we went hiking today with some friends and I thought well - I will eat my MF oatmeal for breakfast and bring some of the ready made shakes and a bar. We were bringing luch for the kids and they were having birthday cake. Now to the point - I LOVED THE READY MADE SHAKES. VERY GOOD - small, but good. And the moral of the story is ... I stayed on MF today. I felt like such a nut posting without practicing and I kept thinking what am I waiting for ? If this time is going to be different maybe I will start differently too. JUST DO IT . And I have -I ate the oatmeal had two ready made shakes a bar and then a soup for dinner. I am a little hungry and am debating having some pudding but otherwise I am proud to say I am about one hour away from bedtime and finishing my first complete day on MF. There is no doubt in my mind that I could not have done this without reading so many posts. Especially one by Dean who said he was sick of reading posts form people who had gained weight and had so many excuses. You either do it or you don't.
As a reward next week I am going to put up a weight ruler. That's it- Monday came on Saturday and I thank you for making it possible. Mytime

Postby LilMsTexas » June 26th, 2005, 6:24 am

Welcome Welcome and I'm so glad you joined us. Go ahead and pick you a little name and become a member so you can do all the emoticons and see all our tickers and everything. We want everyone to be completely in the family ;) Congratulations on taking control of your life and not waiting "one more day" like we all have on so many occasions. The first 3 days were absolutely RETCHED for me so I hope they aren't too bad for you.

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 26th, 2005, 11:12 am

Mytime....... :yeah: .....good for you....and don't forget if the first few days your really hungry you can have an extra supplement.... :bib: .......and if your on the complete it is 6 a day ....... :eat: .....or 5 & 1 if your doing the lean & green...........keep shakin it pays off
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 4:26 pm

Thanks you guys. As soon as I can focus I am going to put in a ruler and some of the smiles to my posts - they really make them special. Dlr2424 - thank you - I was only having 5 supplements and this might be part of the problem - I am watching you and Lilmstexas - by the way I know what Rotelle is and put your con queso recipe down as something to try while on maintance - as sick as it sounds I have decided for now that I will just put the food down on a list that I feel compelled (spell) to eat now so that I remember that it is not gone forever - nor going anywhere - it is just not a part of a healthy here and now for me - it seems to help. Keep Shakin and thank you again ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.