New here - starting Saturday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New here - starting Saturday

Postby melanie » May 5th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am SO excited to start this program. I am currently doing the master cleanse program, and today is my 13th day (out of 15). I did the cleanse on the recommendation of several people -- and to clean out my system before starting a diet (you know, get rid of all those sugars and toxins). Little did I know I would drop weight like crazy. I started at 217 and today I'm at 202. My goal weight is 170.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to being part of this club. The support I received during the Master Cleanse was the only way I made it through.

Thanks,

Melanie
San Diego, CA
melanie

Postby cdixon » May 5th, 2004, 1:53 pm

Just curious -- what exactly is a Master Cleanse?
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
250/240/Goal#1 is 200 and after I get there...
cdixon
Regular Member - #10 Club

It's not a fast, but a cleanse

Postby melanie » May 5th, 2004, 2:08 pm

cdixon wrote:Just curious -- what exactly is a Master Cleanse?

I'd never done it before, but heard rave reviews on it. In short:

The Master Cleanser diet/fast otherwise known as the lemonade diet (lemonade fast) has been around close to 50 years. It's the easiest way to give a rest to your digestive organs, and, together with salt water flush, to achieve effective cleansing of your bowel, your kidneys, your liver and your whole body.

You can feel good and get rid of what ails you. This diet has been used for almost every health problem with great success...

So I'm moving from the MC diet/fast to the Medifast and hope to get great results. After all, how many days can I actually drink lemonaid and maple syrup. It's been tough, but I feel really good! I can't wait to taste the chocolate shake!!

Melanie
melanie

Postby Landylue » May 6th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Whoa! I'm still scratching my head over this. . .

First of all, we're not all "ladies" out here, there's men on the forum, as well.

Second of all, I thought at first this was just another attempt at posting an advertisement on the forum for some off-the-wall diet program. Hummm...I guess I rather still think that.

Thirdly, you said, " You can feel good and get rid of what ails you. This diet has been used for almost every health problem with great success..." I've got to tell you that we already ARE getting rid of what ails us, and that's FAT, along with our obsession with and dependence on food.

This is a forum of one. We care for each other and support each other. And, yes, we've developed a strong sense of protection for each other, as well.

So, if you are really joining us on this forum and the Medifast program, then let me be the first to offer you a warm welcome. Please, feel free to post often.

If not, well, you might want to peddle lemonade somewhere else.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 6th, 2004, 8:41 pm

I hear you Landy..... :scratch:
She does appear to be starting Medifast soon, and probably a good thing she found us. I'm not too sure how long you'd survive on Lemonade and Maple Syrup.

There's no "cleanses" needed with Medifast.

Welcome to the forum Melanie,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby explorthis » May 7th, 2004, 7:09 am

Laughing, I could not resist. This actually might not be a pitch for some “new product” its just common items from around the house. Though the Cayenne pepper idea makes me want to run to the RR just thinking of it.

The recipe is below (minus the amounts needed) And a little snippet of “what it does”.

Master Cleanser:
lemon or lime juice/pure grade B maple syrup/cayenne pepper (red) or to taste/purified (very warm) water
Combine ingredients and drink. You many double the recipe and fill a large thermos bottle and drink all day long.

To enhance your energy and promote the healing process during your cleanse, we recommend alternating your Master Cleanse with another rejuvenating drink made with XXX and two droppers full of XXX This will help promote alkalinity, cellular nourishment, and detoxification. The Master Cleanser drink has no fiber, so it is necessary to use a herbal laxative twice a day. This will help to remove the waste as it is being shed from the colon wall. Otherwise, the waste will stay in the body leading to tiredness and other problems

Well, I can tell you I was Medi-cleansed to the tune of 113+ pounds, let’s see if Aunt Jamima can promise me that!!

I shall agree w/ Landy, and Tim… No peppered lemonade for moi.

-Medi-cleansed for life.
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 7th, 2004, 7:30 am

I think my mom's chili used to do the same thing...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Carrie » May 7th, 2004, 7:33 am

Well, I guess it just goes to show that, in a certain frame of mind, we will try ANYTHING if it promises weight loss. I've tried some of the ridiculous ones....... cabbage soup diet, or how about that 3 day one where you eat hot dogs and ice cream, and you're supposed to lose 10 pounds in three days. I actually tried that years ago. I remember thinking that it was probably some joker who typed it up to see if anyone was dumb enough to do it. Lemonade, cayenne pepper and maple syrup sounds like someones idea of a joke on the world of dieters. Ummmm, I think there's a few key essentials missing there....... like, what does the body do for protein while you're drinking only 'Lempeprup'?? Cannabalize itself I guess. No thanks.

I know that I was not getting the proper nutrition during all my dieting attempts and years of bingeing. One of the things that makes me feel good about using MF is that I know I am finally, FINALLY, getting the nutrition I need. And my body has responded, I feel better than I have in years. And that is certainly one of things helping me stay on this diet.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » May 7th, 2004, 8:23 pm

Melanie...

If you are now scratching YOUR head at the opinions aforementioned, they are concerned..Im sure. The cleanse thingamabobby sounds scary. Trash it now and go straight on to medifast..its MUCH more rewarding and you wont be depriving your body of vital nutrients or flat out starving yourself..

personally, i dont care how much lemonade and maple syrup you pour down your gullet but if it involves cayenne and not much more...thats not really colon cleansing, thats colon abuse..your POOR body.

May take a while on the MF after you start to see results as you are probably well into 'concentration camp syndrome' after STARVING yourself but worry not! Your body WILL readjust, promise.

I really think medifast WILL be the last diet you will need...its been great for me, so far..about 6 weeks and almost 30 lbs now..and feeling great.

Welcome aboard!!!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » May 8th, 2004, 8:51 am

You are correct, Marseilles, we were/ARE concerned for Melanie, and everyone else out here on the forum. An extremely beloved children's pastor here in Texas DIED from one of these extended cleansing programs. I can't believe the incredible talent and compassion the world lost just because this young man wanted so desperately to reach a 'normal' weight. It's that desperation at wanting to lose this burdensome cloak of fat which leaves all of us vulerable to these types of diets.

Reading back over the posts, it seems Melanie got a pretty bumpy start for a newcomer, and I suppose I lead the charge. If you are still still out there, Melanie, please accept my apology. Like I said, we are very protective of each other here. But, you know, we'll feel the same way for you, too.

It's Saturday, Melanie--the BIG DAY ONE for you! It is obvious that you have the self-discipline to make this program a roaring success.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Wow - That wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Postby Melanie » May 8th, 2004, 9:00 am

No I'm not touting, selling, or promoting the master cleanse - I was merely sharing with you the program I was on for 15 days. Mind you, I took in MORE calories than I will on the medifast system (via the maple syrup).

Sorry I addressed you as "ladies" -- I didn't mean to insult the men out there.

Is this how all your guests are welcome -- with suspicion and insults?

Thanks but no thanks -- I think I'll go elsewhere!

Peace all,

Melanie
Melanie

Postby Marseilles » May 8th, 2004, 12:20 pm

Well Melanie...

Im sorry to hear that youve decided not to stay, I would like to think that your determination would outlive any remarks that might have seemed scathing. As I mentioned in my post last night, I like to think that it was not doubt, suspicion or insults but concern. I sure hope youll take a few minutes and rethink your stance on leaving, but if not please know that I am sure that I speak for everyone here when I wish you GREAT success with your medifast adventure.

It IS a truly wonderous program and you CAN have great luck with it..I hope you find yourself truly successful and that you are able to lose ALL the weight you desire to and be healthy.

As far as your caloric intake with your fasting and cleansing, Id just like to point out that although you may have had more intake you are losing out on some serious benefits in that they were empty calories. Your body will process those carbohydrates right into fat and store it in hopes of making up for the lean muscle mass it has been forced to burn during your fifteen days of fasting. Please try and bear in mind, if upon starting with medifast you do not see the desired loss immediately, that your body WILL spend some time trying to compensate for the damage that had inadvertently been done to it.

My very best wishes to you Melanie!! Again, I am sorry to see you go..

From another Newbie;
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:01 am

Welcome!!!!!!

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

I still get in here and read as many posts as I can – just not enough time to answer all of them or put my two cents in --- it’s driving me crazy BECAUSE this forum is life-saving!!! The information, people, care, concern and MF of course is what has given me the strength to achieve the awesome results I have gotten. THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!!! AND look forward to being able to share on a more regular basis ---SOON – I need everyone!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Wow - That wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Postby Guest » April 1st, 2006, 8:40 am

Melanie wrote:No I'm not touting, selling, or promoting the master cleanse - I was merely sharing with you the program I was on for 15 days. Mind you, I took in MORE calories than I will on the medifast system (via the maple syrup).

Sorry I addressed you as "ladies" -- I didn't mean to insult the men out there.

Is this how all your guests are welcome -- with suspicion and insults?

Thanks but no thanks -- I think I'll go elsewhere!

Peace all,

Melanie

Lemonaid Cleanse

Postby leo » April 1st, 2006, 8:47 am

I was surfing the internet to see what people had to say about the cleanse and found this site.

I read your comments as well as those of others. I guess the others are more intent on the Medi Fast and believe that any other comments about other "Fad Diets" are irrelevant.

As for me I just finished my Cleanse for 12 days and found the Lemonaide Cleanse amazing. I never felt hungry.

If nothing else it could be used by anyone on any other diet even in conjunction with the Medi Fast.

As I said I did it I feel great. Common items were used and the Comments made about Aunt Jemina though somewhat funny are out of touch with your kind remarks as to how well you did on it.

Thanks for your comments.

Footnote: I did not lose any weight but I do feel great. :-P
leo

Next

Return to Come on in.