On to Transition/Maintenance Phase.....

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

On to Transition/Maintenance Phase.....

Postby Drama Queen » August 1st, 2006, 3:07 pm

DAY ONE

Today is Day One of my Transition Phase after hitting goal on Sunday. I wanted to start Transition on August 1 so I would have an easier time keeping track of the number of days for each phase.

I weighed in at 148 exactly this morning. I will be weighing everyday now instead of once a week to monitor how my body reacts to the addition of new foods and the increase of calories over the next 16-24 days.

For Day One I'm planning on adding a cup of cooked green beans to my Lean & Green meal. My five supplements today are:

Breakfast: Peach Oatmeal
Mid Morning: Tropical Punch
Lunch: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Afternoon: Tropical Punch
Evening: Dutch Chocolate Shake

Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad & Green Beans

Drinking 64-104 oz. of water and Crystal Light everyday.

Everything seems to be going great so far. I'll post an update tomorrow on Day Two.
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 24th, 2006, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby loriannk » August 1st, 2006, 4:05 pm

You are such an inspiration Drama Queen!

Thank you for posting your meal plan. I hope you continue to do that everyday so we can see how you are doing.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Janae » August 1st, 2006, 5:04 pm

DQ-

I missed congratulating you on goal...Sorry to be slow.

I will tell you that, after reading your post above, I glanced, as always at the sig and ticker....and when I saw your "60 lb. lost, 0 lb. to go" that "0"....Zero....Nada....None...0....well, it brought tears to my eyes.

How proud you must be! And...onward and forward as you successfully transition. Thanks for continuing to share.

Janae
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Prancer » August 1st, 2006, 5:49 pm

Congratulations DQ!!!
Prancer

Postby jump4joy » August 1st, 2006, 6:05 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing about your transition/maintenance adventures! I'm impressed that you have your day all planned out like that.

Congrats again on reaching your goal! :D

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lizabette » August 1st, 2006, 9:43 pm

OH THANK YOU, DRAMA QUEEN,

I looked especially at Maintenance Forum today to find your post.
I know you will be a great help to those of us who are finding our way from transition to maintenance.
I'll be reading it everyday because it won't be long until I will desperately need it for guidance.

You are my Role Model! :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby smartipantz » August 2nd, 2006, 6:39 am

HUGS TO YOU!!!! Congrats on making your goal - what an accomplishment!!

Thanks for posting your transition menu! Lizabitty and I will be very interested in your progress. Heck, I might just use your menu :)

Good luck hun!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Drama Queen » August 2nd, 2006, 12:37 pm

DAY TWO

Thank you all for your congratulations on my reaching goal. I feel great and can't believe how easy this journey has been with MF.

Day One went very well and I feel great. Still in control and working the program. My extra green beans yesterday tasted mighty good!!

I weighed in at 147 exactly this morning. Down a pound. I'm really interested in seeing how my weight fluctuates through transition and maintenance and what the triggers will be to any increases. Trying to keep my calories between 900-1050 my first 4-8 days of transition.

My five supplements today are:

Afternoon: Tropical Punch & Ranch Soy Crisps
Dinner: Lemon Fantasy Bar
Evening: Dutch Chocolate Shake

Lunch: Ground Beef Patty, Salad Greens topped with Cabbage & Tomato and on the side Cooked Green Beans

Drinking 104 oz. of water and Crystal Light.

You probably can tell I'm kind of a creature of habit. I eat the same supplements day in and day out until I'm sick of them and then move on to something else.

Going to see CHAMPIONS ON ICE tonight after work. I'll post an update tomorrow on Day Three.
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 3rd, 2006, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby Amber » August 2nd, 2006, 5:42 pm

From a former Heber Valley resident-
Good job, Drama Queen!!!:bravo: :bravo:
I missed your ticker hitting the BIG 0, but felt compelled to chime in anyway...
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber

Postby DogMa » August 2nd, 2006, 7:13 pm

Thanks for posting this, DQ. I'm watching, too. Can't wait to post my own transition adventure.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 2nd, 2006, 8:58 pm

DQ,
I'm SO excited for you and SO proud of you! Enjoy those extra veggies and hold a seat for Robin, Lori, smarti and me bringing up the rear!!

Yay for you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » August 2nd, 2006, 9:18 pm

The much-reduced rear. And you still may pass me, DeDe. (Plus even though I'm not changing my official goal, I'm hoping to lose a bit more after I get there. But through exercise, not continuing the weight-loss phase of the diet. I'm working my tushy off lately - literally!!)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Drama Queen » August 3rd, 2006, 2:38 pm

DAY THREE

I can't believe how many of you will be joining me in transition and maintenance soon. I'm saving you all seats!! Day Three is going along great and I feel wonderful! I'm working my way through all the new clothes I have purchased. I just have to say that it is amazing the deals you can find on eBay and Overstock dot com. Every day is an adventure getting ready for work!

My extra green beans each day are tasting mighty good. I'm really looking forward to having some fruit this weekend!!

I weighed in at 147.4 pounds this morning. Up 4/10ths of a pound. Still trying to keep my calories between 900-1050 my first 4-8 days of transition.

Lunch: Lemon Fantasy Bar
Afternoon: Tropical Punch & Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps
Evening: French Vanilla RTD Shake

Dinner: Salad Greens topped with Chicken, Radishes & Tomatoes with Walden Farms Ranch Dressing and on the side Cooked Green Beans

CHAMPIONS ON ICE was awesome last night. All of the Skaters stayed in the Hotel where I work so I also got to meet them. What talent and dedication!!

I had a great NSV last night...one of the girls I work with (the skinniest one in the office) stopped me at the show and said "You look fabulous. I can't believe how skinny you are!" I just beamed. As Nancy always says..."Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

I'll post an update tomorrow on Day Four.
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 4th, 2006, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 3rd, 2006, 9:42 pm

You're doing so GREAT! I'm glad you had fun at the skating! I'm so glad you're posting what you're eating, you don't know how much better it makes me feel about transition/maintenance!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I forgot my beloved silver fox on the list!

DeDe

On to day 4! You go girl!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » August 4th, 2006, 2:14 pm

DAY FOUR

Thanks for all the cheerleading and support as I work through transition. Today has been a crazy day at work so this will be brief.

My extra green beans each day have really hit the spot. I'm looking forward to having some fruit tomorrow!! What will it be? Banana, Peach or fresh Raspberries? Oh, the choices!

I weighed in at 147.2 pounds this morning. Down 2/10ths of a pound. Still trying to keep my calories between 900-1050 my first 4-8 days of transition.

Mid Morning: Cranberry Mango Punch
Afternoon: Tropical Punch & White Cheddar Soy Crisps
Dinner: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Evening: Dutch Chocolate RTD Shake

Lunch: Salad Greens topped with Spicy Shredded Beef, Tomatoes & Grated Cheddar Cheese with Salsa Vinaigrette Dressing and on the side Cooked Green Beans

It's going to be a busy weekend...I'll post an update tomorrow on Day Five.
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 5th, 2006, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Next

Return to Maintenance