On to Transition/Maintenance Phase.....

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby Drama Queen » August 14th, 2006, 1:44 pm

TRANSITION DAY TWELVE

I weighed in at 147.6 pounds this morning. Up 1 pound from yesterday. Trying to keep my calories between 1000-1150 for days 9-12 of transistion.

Day twelve was tough on me because of my busy schedule and my trip to Los Angeles. With all of the craziness (and being stuck in LA traffic) I ended up doing a Full Fast because I didn't have access to proper foods for a good Lean & Green or my additional transistion foods. Thank goodness MediFast is protable!!

My six supplements today are:

Breakfast: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Mid Morning: Dutch Chocolate RTD
Lunch: Dutch Chocolate RTD
Afternoon: Lemon Fantasy Bar
Dinner: Tropical Punch & Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps
Evening: Tropical Punch

Drinking 64 oz. of water and Crystal Light.
Exercise: Walking at least 10,000 steps a day.

I'll post an update on Day Thirteen.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Drama Queen » August 14th, 2006, 2:25 pm

TRANSITION DAY THIRTEEN

I weighed in at 147 pounds this morning. Down .6 of a pound from yesterday. Trying to keep my calories between 1350-1500 for days 13-16 of transistion.

Sunday in LA...more craziness and more TRAFFIC!!! I don't know how you folks living in LA deal with the traffic. My schedule was still hectic but I was able to do the 5 & 1 plan and work in a good Lean & Green.

Today was my first day to add grain. This is my major weakness!! I love bread more than chocolate and sweets!!! I'm going to tread these waters very carefully. None of the transition foods have bothered my digestive system. Everything seems to be going great. I've just got to keep up my schedule of eating small meals every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. That seems to keep the munchies in check for me.

My five supplements and Lean & Green meal today:

Breakfast: Tropical Punch
Mid Morning: Dutch Chocolate RTD
Lunch: Good size Green Salad with Low Fat Ranch Dressing, Small Roll no butter, and Broiled Chicken Breast
Afternoon: Tropical Punch & Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps
Dinner: Lemon Fantasy Bar
Evening: Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Drinking 84 oz. of water and Crystal Light.

The extra Security measures in the Airports made traveling a longer ordeal and not being able to carry water cut down on my consumption of liquids. All and all it was a fun but tiring whirlwind of a trip!

I'll post an update on Day fourteen on Monday!
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 24th, 2006, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby Drama Queen » August 14th, 2006, 2:37 pm

TRANSITION DAY FOURTEEN

I weighed in at 146.4 pounds this morning. Down .6 pounds from yesterday. Trying to keep my calories between 1350-1500 for days 13-16 of transistion.

Back to work today and back to a routine.

My four supplements and meals today are:

Mid Morning: Tropical Punch
Lunch: Chicken Caesar Wrap in a Flour Tortilla
Afternoon: Cranberry Mango Drink
Dinner: Cabbage Coleslaw, Fresh Raspberries with Lemon Yogurt
Evening: French Vanilla RTD Shake

Drinking 104 oz. of water and Crystal Light.

I'll post an update tomorrow on Day Fifteen. I'm definitely feeling empowered to make correct food choices as I move on to the Maintenance phase.
Last edited by Drama Queen on August 24th, 2006, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby Drama Queen » August 24th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Work has been absolutely crazy since I got back from my mini trip to Los Angeles. I also started rehearsals every night for “Man of La Mancha” so my schedule is crammed. I thought I’d better take a few minutes and update my transition/maintenance diary and let everyone know how I’m doing.

TRANSITION DAY FIFTEEN

I weighed in at 147.6 pounds this morning. Up 1.2 pounds from yesterday. Trying to keep my calories between 1350-1500 for days 13-16 of transistion.

Breakfast: Peach Oatmeal
Lunch: Linguini with Meat Sauce, Small Green Salad/Raspberry Vinaigrette & Small Slice Garlic Bread
Evening: Dutch Chocolate RTD Shake

TRANSITION DAY SIXTEEN

I weighed in at 147.8 pounds this morning. Up 2/10ths of a pound from yesterday. Trying to keep my calories between 1350-1500 for days 13-16 of transistion.

Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad and Plain Roll
Evening: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

On to the Maintenance phase.

MAINTENANCE

Now that I have graduated to maintenance I have put together the following daily eating plan:

Breakfast: MF Oatmeal
Mid Morning: MF Drink or Shake
Lunch: Lean & Green Meal
Afternoon: MF Drink, Shake or Bar
Dinner: Lean & Green Meal
Evening: MF Shake or Oatmeal

Trying to keep my calories between 1300-1500 per day. Drinking 88 - 104 oz. of water and Crystal Light. Exercise: Walking at least 10,000 steps a day

Still weighing in everyday. Here are my stats for days 17-24:

Day 17 – 148.2
Day 18 – 147.2
Day 19 – 146
Day 20 – 144.4
Day 21 – 143.8
Day 22 – 144
Day 23 – 144.8
Day 24 – 146.2

I’m going to keep reporting for Roll Call every Sunday and will try to report here at least once a week on my progress.
Last edited by Drama Queen on September 6th, 2006, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 24th, 2006, 8:58 pm

DQ,
You don't know how much your posts are helping me! You're doing so well and although it's going to take me a while to get to goal, you're making me think I'm going to be able to do transition as written.

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mousehouse62 » August 25th, 2006, 7:43 am

DQ,
What a great forum for us all to read and keep track of. My hub is 4 pounds from his goal and just reading your posts helps me to think of how I can help keep him in maintenence while I continue mh MFjourney! Thanks so much! I am proud of you!!! You are a blessing!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » August 28th, 2006, 1:55 pm

DRAMA QUEEN,

Thanks for your updates on Transition/Maintenance. You are doing wonderful!

Your maintenance plan sounds very interesting. It is somewhat like my plan for the 'experienced' (older) plans.
As I have said, I have been more on the regular 5&1, but lately a little bit more on the senior plan.
Also, I am especially interested in your "10.000 step" plan. You may have the book "The Step Diet", Workman Publishing, or a similar one.
This book is great and stresses walking as a means of 'maintaining' and losing weight.
A pedometer came with it and I started today using it. Let's see, almost 5,300 steps at mid afternoon.

As you have said, the last 10 pounds are the slowest to come off, but it will happen when my dear body releases it.
When the scale says 135, you may hear it from the stage of "Man of La Mancha!

Meantime I'm patiently learning what to do to maintain.
Thank you again for your help, DQ. You are my "Maintenance Role Model."

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Drama Queen » September 6th, 2006, 9:41 am

MAINTENANCE

Reporting from Maintenance Land. I have put together the following daily eating plan and I'm sticking too it pretty well:

Breakfast: MF Oatmeal
Mid Morning: MF Drink or Shake
Lunch: Lean & Green Meal
Afternoon: MF Drink, Shake or Bar
Dinner: Lean & Green Meal
Evening: MF Shake or Oatmeal

Trying to keep my calories between 1300-1500 per day. Drinking 88 - 104 oz. of water and Crystal Light. Exercise: Walking at least 10,000 steps a day

Still weighing in everyday. Here are my stats for days 25-38:

Day 25 – 145.6
Day 26 – 146
Day 27 – 144.4
Day 28 – 143.4
Day 29 – 144.4
Day 30 – 145.2
Day 31 – 146
Day 32 – 146 / On vacation so didn't weigh this day
Day 34 - 146 / On vacation so didn't weigh this day
Day 35 - 146 / On vacation so didn't weigh this day
Day 36 - 146 / On vacation so didn't weigh this day
Day 37 - 145.8
Day 38 - 144.4

I took a road trip to Southern Utah & Las Vegas with friends over the Labor Day Holiday. It was my biggest challenge yet as we stopped at all the Gas Station Convenience Stores and Fast Food places along the way for snacks for my fellow travelers.

I have to admit the temptations were there but I indulged wisely. I only had a handful of Doritos one day not the entire bag, I ate a couple of pieces of licorice instead of bags of M&M's and I had the kiddie size ice cream cone instead of the triple scoop. Learning moderation and living by it are very hard lessons in this world of mass consumption we live in. The hardest part is dealing with the cravings that those new tastes reintroduce into our systems.

So, I keep repeating my mantra, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". It seems to be working so far. One month after reaching goal I am able to keep my weight within 4 pounds of that goal.

I’m going to keep reporting for Roll Call every Sunday and will try to report here at least once a week on my progress.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby ebony868 » September 17th, 2006, 7:07 am

Well I decided to come over to take a look at maintenance so I would know what to look forward to and your journal was the first one I took a look at.

Thanks for the detail you're providing here. It will be a great help to me 4-6 months from now when I meet goal.

Keep up the great work Drama Queen.

Ebony
251/245/180 Start Date 09/11/06 (a day of new beginnings)

ebony868

Previous

Return to Maintenance