green in L&G makes me gag :(

Add your favorite recipes.

green in L&G makes me gag :(

Postby lissy » February 17th, 2011, 6:04 am

hey all,

i'm a newbie, but i joined this board so i could at least ask the one question i'm dying to have answered. why is the green in my lean and green making me gag? it doesn't matter what the green is, i gag, even with the ones i liked pre-MF. i did okay in my first week, but now i'm in the middle of my third week and can't seem to choke down enough of my green. the few times i've been able to have been when my husband makes a meal from the medifast recipe book we recently bought. even then, i almost couldn't finish.

some background on me: pre-MF, i hardly ate any veggies except the starchy ones like potatoes, corn, yams, and the occasional mushroom/broccoli/cauliflower. i, of course, was a major carb lover and adored butter, bread, pasta, and pretty much only those things! i realize that my old habits are obviously dying hard, but i fear not ever being able to get my full veggie count in.

any suggestions???? i need major help here! i don't want my body to go into starvation mode!
lissy

Re: green in L&G makes me gag :(

Postby katieb920 » February 17th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Take cauliflower and mushrooms. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil a little salt and a little granulated garlic. MIX, then roast in the oven for a half hour (or until crispy) my new favorite lean.... YUM.. They are so crunchy that i feel like I am eating potatoes. SO GOOD
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katieb920 » February 17th, 2011, 5:07 pm

meant to say green.. Good luck
Katie
katieb920

Postby lissy » February 18th, 2011, 11:36 am

thanks for the suggestion. we haven't tried roasting any veggies yet. i'm so distraught today, i really wanna cry just thinking about the dreaded L&G meal this evening. :(

does anyone know why i was fine with veggies for the first week, and then all of a sudden they all started making me gag? is it a medifast thing, or is something wrong with me?
lissy

Postby lissy » February 23rd, 2011, 3:04 pm

an update: my mom paid for the full medifast experience, counseling included. when she went to her meeting last week, she asked about my gagging as if she were the one experiencing it. the counselor said that "she" could have low-sodium v8 instead. of course, this is not something that can be done all the time, because of the salt and some of the ingredients (a notable one: carrots), but it's definitely better than skipping the green altogether.

i've also tried doing the same with low-sodium straight tomato juice. yesterday i heated it and added a tad of basil and a teaspoon of low-fat milk, it made a great tomato soup! for the serving size, i did 1.5 cups (3 servings), as if it were tomatoes.
lissy

Postby katieb920 » February 28th, 2011, 9:40 am

You can also try some low sodium bouillon
Katie
katieb920

Postby lissy » February 28th, 2011, 9:49 am

bouillion is considered green??
lissy

Return to Lean Cuisine