Lean & Green Dilemma

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Lean & Green Dilemma

Postby Shana » April 8th, 2006, 7:29 pm

I feel like I'm eating WAY too much!!!!
I made Tilapia & spinach today, and when weighing the tilapia to make sure I got all 7oz, I realized it was a little over 3 whole filets!!! Granted, they're not huge filets, but still! And the spinach was an entire box of frozen spinach which is still slightly under the 1.5 cups... It was such a massive amount of food that I was stuffed by the time it was half gone - I kept eating because we're supposed to eat it, but... It just seems to me that I got fat in part because I kept eating even after I was full. When I finish my Medifast journey, I don't want to find myself regaining the weight because I'm still used to eating until it's gone and ignoring the cues my body gives me regarding hunger & when to stop.
So, I guess my question is this:
Can we break the Lean & Green up into 2 meals - still having all 5 Medifast Suppliments, just not eating the entire, massive L&G all at the same time?
Thanks,
Shana

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 8th, 2006, 9:05 pm

There are some that do that but it is not recommended. One thing you could try is to have something not quite as feeling in the meal before your L&G or maybe go the whole 3 hours and maybe 1/2 hr longer between those two meals but never go over 4 hours.

Hope this helps

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Pashta » April 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Shana don't worry! Depending on what you choose to make the meal can be large or it can be small or somewhere in-between. :)

Next L&G you can make a 5 oz piece of lean pork or steak and have some broccoli with it, it isn't that much. I bet after a little while on the program you won't think it's too much anymore. ;) :lol:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 9th, 2006, 8:05 am

Hi Shana!

I felt the same way during my first week on a few of my L&G meals, but I figured, "Hey! Cool!". Granted even with MY food issues, I felt way full before I finished my meal ~ but for me to actually feel FULL (and not stuffed to sickness) was a blessing in itself. :lol:

As falisamarie said, maybe you should wait the entire time between supplements (your afternoon snack and after dinner one) when you know you are having something that measures larger than other meal choices.

We had chicken the other night and when measured and on my plate, it looked like such a massive amount of chicken .... then I thought, "not really!"; After all, I would normally have two slices and then go back for more ... only this time it was the only "food meal" I had all day ~ and it was minus the mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing! ;)

...and hey! did ya ever think you'd see the day that you actually were concerned with having TOO MUCH food on your plate AND still be loosing weight at the same time! :yes:

Cathy

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Shana » April 9th, 2006, 10:20 am

Thanks for the replies ladies!
I am eating the whole thing now - I think I'm just going to keep bumping it up until it's earlier in the day to see how that works - who knows, it might wind up being my 2nd meal of the day (I work from home, so it's not a big deal), because after I'm not hungry enough to want my next few medifast meals lol

The funny thing is that like Cathy I probably would have eaten about the same amount before I started - not being hungry for all of it, but eating because it tasted so good... :)

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.