It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 5:21 am

News News of Come on in.

Site map of Come on in. » Forum : Come on in.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting July 1 and Will Need Support

My name is Joe, I live in NYC and I am beginning Medifast tomorrow July 1st. Not sure if it is a good time to start as I am a full time student and in a clinical rotation at the age of 42 but I suppose there is never a "good time" to start. The stress of school, studying, and working (for free of course in clinic rotation) has been killing me as I have ...
Read more : Starting July 1 and Will Need Support | Views : 1478 | Replies : 3

Greetings!

I've been lurking around here for a bit now (since I ordered my first month of MF) and feel like it's time to introduce myself.

I have struggled with my weight pretty much since I was 10. There was a 4 year reprieve in high school, not because I had good eating habits, but because I biked about 20 miles/day (to school and back) and played sports. Once high school and the sports ended, the ...
Read more : Greetings! | Views : 745 | Replies : 1

Thinking of Restarting!

Hi Everyone!

I am thinking of restarting on MF - I have stopped and started a number of times :roll: and am gearing up to jump back in.

This is the best eating plan for me; I always feel great on MF. The weight comes off, I have more energy, I just need to motivate myself to stick with it.

My husband wants to lose some ...
Read more : Thinking of Restarting! | Views : 649 | Replies : 2

Newbie Looking for other nebies to take the journey with

Hello all new medifasters. Today is my first day on medifast and it is wednesday. I laugh because I said well I am going to wait until Monday to get started. I have been waiting until Monday for A LONG TIME. Well my Monday got here today. I work third shift so my eating schedule is planned as follow

5pm first shake
8pm shake
11pm shake
2am shake
5am shake

45 mins of cardio ...
Read more : Newbie Looking for other nebies to take the journey with | Views : 1488 | Replies : 23

Allergies and other FYIs

Maybe this belongs under the "tip" box, but here goes

FYI 1
The only MF meal with MSG is Cream of Tomato soup. <-----If you can't do MSG, that's for you out there!

There is a whole list of gluten free, wheat free, with and without soy, kosher...all that good stuff you would want to know. I found it through some searching when I was looking for some meat-free choices during Lent. It's on the ...
Read more : Allergies and other FYIs | Views : 714 | Replies : 0

My favorite food used to be....My favorite food now ....

Okay, I used to hate the chilli, still do, so that won't work here. Kidding....no, really, cannot do the chilli still!

My favorite food used to be the oatmeal. Any flavor, especially the peach.
My favorite food now is beef stew and for sweet, the pudding.

Still love oatmeal but find myself looking forward to other stuff, too.
Anyone else change along the way?
Read more : My favorite food used to be....My favorite food now .... | Views : 715 | Replies : 3

One thing I have learned that has helped me greatly is....

I see lots of people coming back or who are new. Let's post one or two tips that might make the program a little easier for someone struggling. It doesn't matter if they are humorous, accidentally learned, serious. I'll start:

1. If you take a shake/soup to drink on the way to work, for the love of all that is good, take it out of the car that day! Phew, soy stinks if it sits ...
Read more : One thing I have learned that has helped me greatly is.... | Views : 729 | Replies : 5

Hello Medifasters

I am so thankful I don't have to do this weight loss things alone. I am so amazed at all the great people here and stuff I have learned over time that I decided to finally make the big step and join. I am not so good at forum posting, a little nervous, but would like to finally give back all that I have learned!
Read more : Hello Medifasters | Views : 759 | Replies : 8

Impatient. . .

Hello all!

:felix:

I am impatiently awaiting my first order of medifast - a 4 week supply! I'll be posting a journal thread shortly :)

Just a brief bio:

I'm 35, mother of two, full-time student, divorced but engaged.

height: 5'8"
weight: 208
ideal weight: 142

I'm totally in denial because EVERYONE I know is always telling me I ...
Read more : Impatient. . . | Views : 747 | Replies : 0

Whare IS everybody??????????? Restarting now!

Hi --

Re-starting after a loooooooooooong absence (over 1 1/2 yr). Yep, gained it all back, and then some.

On my 4th day OP and am down 3.5. I had been debating about when to restart, since I have to have a colonoscopy on Monday, and Sunday is the dreaded prep - but I went ahead and did it anyway. I figure a day of clear liquids is easier to adjust to when Medifasting than ...
Read more : Whare IS everybody??????????? Restarting now! | Views : 2162 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286