Starting July 1 and Will Need Support

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting July 1 and Will Need Support

Postby nycjoe » June 30th, 2009, 6:08 am

My name is Joe, I live in NYC and I am beginning Medifast tomorrow July 1st. Not sure if it is a good time to start as I am a full time student and in a clinical rotation at the age of 42 but I suppose there is never a "good time" to start. The stress of school, studying, and working (for free of course in clinic rotation) has been killing me as I have been eating my way through. I am at 223 pounds. In 10 years have put on 53 pounds. My goal weight is around 170-175 and I am very excited to get started. My brother is 360 pounds so I want to inspire him. We have thin parents too! What the hell? I want to get off my bp meds and of course to look good for my interviews next year and the rest of my life. Any tips on stress etc would be much appreciated. The only thing I'm worried about is having energy as I am on my feet about 5 out of 8 hours a day at work. I look forward to meeting people from this board for their experiences and to share mine. Thanks for letting me share. Joe
nycjoe
First Post

Re: Starting July 1 and Will Need Support

Postby Unca_Tim » July 1st, 2009, 11:01 am

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum,
:wave:
It's always a great time to get your health in order. Don't be afraid to have an extra shake if you have an extra long day. Are you on the men's program? (Medifast 70?)

You've probably read that the first couple days can be a little tough until you get into the fat burning stage. Stick with it and you'll be into the MediZone before you know it.

Try to get at least 64ozs of water or 1/2 your body weight in ounces if you can.
Check in and let us know how you're doing.

All the best,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby katieb920 » July 1st, 2009, 1:10 pm

Hi Joe,

Welcome :D The people on this board are wonderful. You have newbies, restarters and people that are on maintenece. You will get a bunch of information from this board...

I read that you are really busy. One thing I noticed when I am busy and am on program I do so much better. You do not have to think about anything. It is that easy.

If you need anything just ask
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cpratt » July 5th, 2009, 6:48 am

Hi Joe,
I just started on July 2. These first few days are hard. Felt a little nauseous and tired, but I am starting to feel better now.
I work in a small hospital in Upstate NY. Many staff on the program, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't turn 40 looking like this!!
How are you feeling so far? You may need to add a shake for the first few days because (I'm not going to lie) you get damn hungry!
Keep in touch!
Cindy
cpratt

Return to Come on in.