Newbie question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Newbie question

Postby FreddyTT » September 2nd, 2011, 7:13 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have a newbie question. I had started my MF plan last Saturday, weighed in at 222 pounds and after about 2-3 days was down 9 pounds. According to the quick start guide this is normal and so far... textbook. I went to the pharmacy and got some ketone strips. Today is my 6th day on the program and there is moderate amounts of ketones in my urine. So far, I'm still textbook according to the MF plan. I have not lost a single pound over the initial weight lost but I am in a fat burning state according to the strip.

Today I got home from work and had to eat with in 1 hour. I work outside and do a physical job so I am usually very hungry for my lean and green, which has so far been timed perfectly as my supper and 5th meal. I realized once I pulled my greens out of the freezer that the last of my cauliflower/broccoli mix was very light on the cauliflower and heavier on the broccoli. The QS guide clearly states the correct portions based upon the meat and type of veggie.

Now, I realize the meal would have been perfect if I had less broccoli, but I can't afford to throw food away, especially when its the last in the bag and a perfect 2 cup serving. So today I followed the plan to the letter and ate about 1.5 cups of broccoli and 1/2 cup of cauliflower with my chicken breast portion [which I weighed]

So here is my question...I am following the plan to the letter, but had to finish a bag of frozen veggies that was heavy on a vegetable that was considered higher in carbs. Tomorrow I will go to the store and get some more lower carb vegetables, but how crazy strict is this plan?

I'm only asking because I'm trying to understand a reasonable window of error as life happens. As long as I'm in a state of ketosis I should still be humming along even if a small mistake is made along the way correct? My mistake seems very benign compared to other cheaters I read about on the forum but I don't want to stress out over broccoli LOL.

Any help is appreciated :)
FreddyTT

Return to Weight Loss