Hi from a newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi from a newbie

Postby Ellen » September 30th, 2003, 5:09 pm

HI, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ellen and I am from Ohio and I've placed my first Medifast order. I am very excited about getting started on the program. I got notification today that my order is on the way and may be here by tomorrow. I have a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend, so I plan to take a few days and review the material and make a plan so that I can get a great start on Monday. I would love to hear from other people on the plan, and I hope the board becomes more active so that we can all support each other on our road to success. :D
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Wecome to the board

Postby Unca_Tim » October 1st, 2003, 4:25 pm

Hi Ellen,
Congrats on starting the program and welcome to the forum.

Great idea on preparing yourself for starting the program. It's a big step to undertake this, and you want your total commitment when you finally make your decision. It's a bit challenging, a bit overwhelming at first, but sooooooo well worth the effort when you start seeing and feeling the results. One word of encouragement is that it's physically impossible for the plan not to work if you follow it as prescribed. That's the easy part.

Medifast by "Take Shape for Life" is more than just a diet plan. The key to the plan is to study all you can about foods and diet while it's taking those pounds off, so you can maintain your weight once you arrive at your goal. We'll be here for you when that time comes and all along your journey there.

Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, if you haven't already. Nancy is planning on adding some articles on how she is maintaining her weight in the near future. Also Linda Spangle's book "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" is great reading.

Keep us posted and welcome again.
Unca Tim
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

An Oldbie Replies to the Newbie...

Postby Nancy » October 1st, 2003, 7:47 pm

Hey there, Ellen, ~

Welcome to the MakeMeThinner Support Family! I am just as excited as you are about starting your journey to renewed health. It sounds to me as you have really planned ahead - taking along your Quick Start Book is a great idea for your weekend camping trip. BTW, you sound like a real dreamer to me – I’ve been on those weekend campouts with kids and teenagers before – trust me, I’ve NEVER had a moment to lay in a chaise lounge and read anything other than the directions for how to start a fire with saturated wood or the adult dosage on the prescription label of the Mega Migraine package! It seems that every time I’ve gone on a campout it is either sweltering or swampy.

I recall spending one Spring Break in our eight passenger van with soggy pre-teens that had forgotten their arm pit juice and clean underdoodies. Oh, it was an adventure of a lifetime all right. It was a two hour journey down the I-5 from Portland, OR to a sleepy country town called Sweet Home. Betcha you’ve got a picture of Mayberry in your mind by now, huh?

The first half of our adventure was to go to a horse ranch to satisfy the Dale Evans and Roy Rogers syndromes all kids are born with. The moment we left the I-5, it clouded up and the rains began. We arrived at the Dude Ranch late in the afternoon and hauled our gear and grub into the bunkhouse. We prepared our supper on a wood stove and fought off ‘skeeters as we dined around the fireplace. We told scary stories late into the dank night and boinged up bright and early – at the crack of noon to rustle up the horses from a muddy field. Once I mounted my trusty steed, the poor thing sunk further into the mud – Poor Old Jake was heavily laden with my two hundred-fifty-something girth ( I hadn’t weighed for a long time…when you’re overweight, you don’t often weigh yourself - you KNOW you are overweight and you don‘t need to KNOW the actual amount…). :roll:

We spent three days and two nights in a rat-infested bunkhouse…it was so rainy and skanky that even the horses and rats didn’t want to go outside. After that wonderful portion of the campout, we piled into Vanna (I had a white very used 1988 Plymouth Voyager, dubbed Vanna White…) and headed for the coast. Only three of the seven kids barfed while I navigated the winding mountain roads… :?

Once we got to the coast and set up our tents, the wind and rains began in earnest. We had to dig a trench around our tent to prevent the sleeping sogs from sliding to the back of the tent. (Nope, that is definitely not a typo - the sleeping bags became sleeping sogs.) We were so desperate to get out of Vanna the Voyager with the essence of eau de barfume that when we set up the tent we failed to find a level place. No, I did not find the campout restful or conducive to reading about a new weight management plan. I believe I huddled around the smoking fire pit uncontrollably scarfing down s’mores while trying to reach my husband by cell phone to rescue me. That was before www.MakeMeThinner.com take me awa-a-a-a-ay-y-y-y! :shock:

Oh, Ellen, I digress, the purpose of my reply was to do just that: reply to your Newby Post! You have taken the first great step toward wellness – read up and learn all that you can about how to take back your life. Carefully follow the directions regarding when to eat. Choose carefully what you allow to enter your mouth – remember, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Day by day, as you step on the scales, you’ll see your rapid weight loss occurring before your very own blood-shot peepers. Gosh, I think I weighed myself every time I walked by the BR*. When you suck down 64+ ounces of water per day, believe me, you walk by and you walk into the BR* frequently. :D

(What? You haven’t figured that one out yet? The BR = the Bath Room*! Get with my lingo while you get rid of those unwanted pounds!!) :P

Hey you Guys out there in Cyberland! Rise up to Ellen’s challenge and post replies and notes of encouragement via our Fabulous Forum. We need one another and YOU NEED www.MakeMeThinner.com! :wink:

Your Personal and Beautiful Health Advisor,
The Formerly Flabulous but now Fabulous,
Nancy Kay Pettit
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.