Newbie Here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie Here

Postby Ann » February 18th, 2004, 1:55 pm

I just started the modified plan on Monday. I haven't gotten on the scales yet, as I am reserving that as a weekly pleasure! I have been doing pretty good...noticing all the signs you guys have talked about. Last night, I was soooooo cold. Also was just a little light headed on my way to bed! So...guess I'm on the right track. I need to lose about 30-35 pounds. I weigh 165 now but am very short....5'5". Just over a year ago, I weighed 131 and looked great! Of course, I didn't try to lose that weight. My husband was suddenly diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and died 9 months after diagnosis. He was 49 years old. I just couldn't eat...so I loct all my weight! Then, when my life started getting back together....I gained. I remember looking at the scales after gaining 5 pounds and saying...no big deal...I can take this right off. But, know what? I never did and here I am now...back where I started. So glad to have the support from this group. Oops....gotta go pee!!!!!
Ann

Postby elle4nelly » February 18th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Hi Ann!
Welcome!

you came to the right place! It will be alright! This is a great place for support! Enjoy this to the end.

Nelly :)
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Hi Ann

Postby TamiL » February 18th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Hello Ann and welcome to the forum

Im sorry about your Husband, you and most of us here have used FOOD as a crutch..to get us "thru" hard times...and as a result of that, we have gained and gained...untill the point of isolation and lonliness..so with that..you eat more and more and more and just are in a reckless pattern of sabotage!!

Food to me is now FUEL only...nothing more! If I feel the need to eat inbewteen my shakes or supplements..I take a TIME OUT and put on some music..or light a candle and remember my GOALS and where I want to be!

I weighed 135 pounds about 3 years ago...I went thru a divorce and ate myself back up to 185 pounds ( I used to be 240 way back..lost and gained too much weight over the last 10 years of my life!!) but when I was at 135..I felt so great..I had more energy..self esteem..looked good and had the most confidence I ever had!! I too...just as you stated, saw the scale going up...5 pounds at a time, and thought "ill get a handle on this"..and never could.

but lets not look back at what we didnt get a handle on..lets look at here and now..where we are and where we want to be, forgive ourselves for all the failures in the past..and just keep focused on the PRIZE....on wearing those size 6-8-9 clothes again...feeling like we used to..and LIVING AGAIN at the potential we were meant too!!

come here to this forum when you need support. I am hooked..I visit here sometimes 10 times a day!! first thing in the morning and first thing at night..it keeps me on track...I read the posts and feel as if I know everyone...everyone makes me smile and keeps me REAL!!

welcome...happy shakin..this program works if your faithful to it!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 19th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Welcome Ann! Im new also but I feel right at home. keep us updated!
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Ann

Postby Maisie » February 20th, 2004, 6:36 am

Dear Ann:

What a tragic loss you have had to face at such a young age. I can tell from your letter that you are a very strong person. Not that it is the same at all, but when I finally filed for divorce in 2000, I couldn't eat a thing, I couldn't do anything. A day would come and go and I wouldn't have any idea what had happened with my life in that 24 hours. All divorces are tough. I knew this one would be a nightmare and I was in court for over two years with a vindictive powerful man who tried his best to destroy me. He lost. As things dragged on and I lost caring about anything but surviving him, I started and continued to gain weight,
almost 60 pounds in fact. Now I'm within 35 pounds of getting back to the 125 I want to weigh again. It's slower this time because I'm 49, but finally I care enough to be me. You will find lots of great support on this forum.

Maisie

Maisie
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » February 23rd, 2004, 10:33 am

Hi Ann and WELCOME---

I hope you are going to be around the forum for awhile it really helps - I say that because I noticed you were signed in as a guest - have you created a Profile yet? It's a fun thing to do and somehow strengthens the commitment to being here with all of these wonderful people!

I too lost my husband --about 2.5 years ago - shocker- immediate heart attack and he was gone. I have used food my entire life as support when I was happy or sad or whatever - losing my best friend and becoming a widow at 46 really through me for a loop. My highest weight got to around 312 I think. I lost about 60 lbs at WW and before I could lose all I needed to lose I was already back up 30 pounds. One bite at a time or should I say 1 shovel at a time - inhaling food has always been an effort to stop some other kinda feeling from happening.

Anyway, just when you think there's not one more thing you can do to straighten out the weight -- which is hard to accept after selling your house, moving to a new town, changing careers and starting a whole new life alone --- you see a commercial for MF, do some research and decide to give it a try --- a God send. My battle with my weight is the last big, long term obstacle I have to overcome and today I really believe with the help of God, this program, these wonderful people on this forum and the strength of the real person that lives inside of these layers of fat struggling to be free - I WILL DO THIS and be Free at Long Last!!!!

Sorry for the rambling - but you are in the right place!!!!

Together we WILL do this!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 23rd, 2004, 10:49 am

Don't ever stop rambling Pam!
That's what keep us going! Letting it out rather than reaching for a jar of cookies!!

You guys are the best!!!
We've all come a long way and I hope we stick together during our maintenance phases and beyond...for there lays the hardest work!!

Like I said in another Post.....Let's go missing From Fatville...For ever ...Tell the Fatville Police to call off the search team!!! "Cause we ain't coming back here ......

We'll be loving ourselves in Thinville! Learning to connect our body mind and souls so we can be the happy healthy people we deserve to BE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelly

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2004, 10:49 am

Hi, Ann ~

It is interesting to read about everyones' background and we are glad that you found us. We all have different reasons for getting to the place we are but we have some common ground here, too. We are serious about making some permanent positive changes in our lives and we are using Medifast to get us healthier and to reach a normal weight.

We want you to know that we are here to help you on your weight loss journey! Have a great week and slurp your water!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.