Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby SDavis » March 2nd, 2004, 9:23 am

Well I guess this is where I should start. I have ordered my products and they should be arriving in the next few days. I am looking forward to starting- hoping that something will finally work for me. I have been looking through the message boards and feeling encouraged.
I am 26 years old, married with 2 small children. After both pregnancies, I am about 50 pounds overweight. In the last few years I have tried every diet pill and diet out there and have lost nothing. I'm aware that I have a painfully slow metabolism which discourages me. I feel like if I actually saw results, it would not be so hard to continue with the program.
I'm prepared for the first few days to be rough- so I'm ready to start. I'm just praying that this will be it for me- that I can actually lose the weight- I'm so sick of being fat and depressed.
Any support/ encouragement is greatly appreciated.
Sarah
SDavis

Postby Starloser63 » March 2nd, 2004, 9:32 am

Sarah,

You are off to a good start. This board is great! Keep reading and posting and you will find all the support you need. Hope your order gets to you quick.

Take Care
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

welcome

Postby TamiL » March 2nd, 2004, 12:24 pm

Hi Sarah..you have come to the right place!! I too...started at having to loose about 50 pounds. I have been on the full program (although sometimes I do have a lean/green Meal and do the modified if that makes my days easier depending on my plans!!)
Tommorrow will be one month for me...a full month of following this program to a "T"...except for ONE SLIP UP..when I Gorged myself on the Medifast Bars one night...but that was my only slip..and It was NOT WORTH IT!! its been great feeling my clothes looser and to have more energy ( which took a while to come to me...the first few weeks..I felt as if I could go to bed around 7pm every night!) I have lost about 18 pounds...and I am on my way to my goal...to wearing my old clothes that havent fit me in years...to breaking out of this cycle of depression and isolation that being 50 pounds overweight has caused me...

You have come to the right place....this forum is great..its a lifesaver!!

Just take it one day at a time Sarah...and we will be here to support you pound by pound!! :-P
hope your stuff arrives soon!! find creative ways to make your shakes..it makes all the difference!! and drink all your water....water is the key here...it will help keep you feeling full..and clean you right out!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » March 2nd, 2004, 3:53 pm

Welcome Sarah--- :D

You've come to the right place. Not only is MF an amazing program but this forum is priceless.

I'm not gonna say it's easy at first --- but it works....wait until you see those numbers drop on the scale - It is so worth it!!

I certainly have been where you are - disgusted, in pain, depressed and miserable --- I've made a decision to embrace life and end my weight insanity once and for all. I truly believe MF and this forum will allow me to make it and end this battle.

Read the posts - when I get stressed or need answers this is where I come - it really helps!!!!

Hang in there - keep shakin' and slurpin' and POSTIN' - so far a winning combination for me!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Thanks

Postby SDavis » March 2nd, 2004, 4:27 pm

Thanks so much for all the support already! What is the board that everyone just posts their daily stuff on?
Sarah
SDavis

Postby Jeanette » March 3rd, 2004, 6:47 am

Hi Sarah:

You can really post anywhere you want. There are categories for various things.

Welcome!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » March 3rd, 2004, 4:49 pm

welcome Sarah,
so glad you are joining us.This really does work.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 7th, 2004, 10:47 pm

Hey, there Sarah ~

You are headed for a great and healthy adventure! We are glad that you here to join us on the journey! :stroll:

Spring is on its way and you are beginning your spring house cleaning at just the right time. You will feel so much better about yourself and you'll soon be able to toss out some of those baggy and over-sized clothes. Your children will have to run to keep up with you this summer! :boing:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.