Mike

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby cydj21 » July 1st, 2008, 7:51 pm

DogMa wrote:I got a Gentle Leader for Mojo...

Chiming in real quickly to say ditto on the Gentle Leader success on my end. My highly overzealous black lab is a nightmare to walk without one, but she trained to walking with the Gentle Leader very quickly and we have had great success. I recommend it to everyone with pulling doggie issues!

On the wildfires note...I find it unfathomable. Here in great ol NY, I am just dumbfounded by tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, etc. etc. I will gladly take all of the harsh winter weather Mother Nature can throw at me to avoid all of that. My thoughts are with everyone out that way...
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby holberry » July 2nd, 2008, 7:16 pm

Hi Mike and Diane,
Please know I meant no Californ I A bashing about wild fires. But according to the US Forest web site there are no fires in Oregon bigger than 10 acres at this time. I know we will be in danger soon tho...
I worry about the California fires, the smoke up here in the Willamette Valley is thick, cant imagine what is like down there.
hope you guys are safe
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 3rd, 2008, 4:02 pm

Got home today. Tow things to comment on.

The gentle leader works well, and we will be getting one for Andy also.

The fires, although still going in various places, aren't providing us with the terrible smoke as it had been before we left. Much clearer here than when we left.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers for those affected (both directly and indirectly) by these fires.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 3rd, 2008, 11:27 pm

Welcome back! Hope ya'll have a wonderful and relaxing 4th!
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby centuryclub » July 4th, 2008, 3:44 am

hope youre making it through the smoke alright. happy4th!
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 2:16 am

holberry wrote:Hi Mike and Diane,
Please know I meant no Californ I A bashing about wild fires. But according to the US Forest web site there are no fires in Oregon bigger than 10 acres at this time. I know we will be in danger soon tho...
I worry about the California fires, the smoke up here in the Willamette Valley is thick, cant imagine what is like down there.
hope you guys are safe

Hiya, Holberry. I checked with a friend who works on fire management for the Willamette Valley and on over the hill. You're absolutely right; the smoke there was from the Happy Camp fire. Mike and I drove into Cave Junction on Tuesday and it was almost as bad as being home. Before we left for Oregon, we had left one window open a crack in the back of the house unintentionally -- even though we sleep three rooms away, I kept dreaming I was watching my childhood home burn down and could do nothin. The whole house was smoky, like someone had a fire in the fireplace but forgot to open the flue/flew/floo/flu/flapthingythatgoesupthechimney. Although, I understand from a friend who lives in Napa that we didn't experience the worst of it. Boy, am I grateful for that! (By the way, no offense taken, MediBud.)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 9th, 2008, 1:33 pm

Ok, Mike, I tried the gentle leader on Dobbs this weekend. She really doesn't have a nose, though. If I tighten the nose strap she can't breathe, and if it's loose all she has to do is nod her head and it falls off. Bummer.
BiggerInTexas

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Ha. Yeah, I know it works well for many, many dogs. Mojo's just a wee bit too smart for her own good, though. I know she probably has some terrier mixed in with the Lab, but I'm starting to think it's Jack Russell, of all things. Which ... I love her, but I would never knowingly get a JRT. Oh, well.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » July 24th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Being here at the TSFL convention with the leadership of TSFL, my wife, and many friends is humbling. I started my weight loss journey 5 years ago this week and I am still not at my goal. Yes, I have lost alot of weight and have improved my health tremendously.
Yes, I have been off of the weight loss program and not regained all of my weight.
Yes, I am off the medicines I was on and feel so much better.
.... but

No, I am not done
No, I am not at the place in my life where I can say that I am done losing
No, I am not in a place where I can feel like I have achieved what I wanted to.

So, now that I am in ketosis, I am going to keep in that zone and take off this remaining fat.

I've been pretty down (emotionally)for the past few months... up and down... which I try not to show outwardly, but people do notice.
I don't really know why other than knowing that I'm not where I want to be.

Anyhow, the future is bright... TSFL is amazing.... so here we go for the last stretch to maintenance.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 7:16 am

GREAT THINKING MIKE!!! Keep that excitement and ride the wave to success!!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 25th, 2008, 7:28 am

Yay, Mike! You've been an inspiration and a mentor to so many on the boards. I'm so excited to see you hit your goal!
BiggerInTexas

Postby DogMa » August 20th, 2008, 3:50 pm

So where'd you go? Are you guys OK??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » August 20th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Hmmm, I thought I had a tickle in my ear. ;)

We've been busy with school starting, life happening, all that good stuff. In mid-July I found out that I got a position that I was hoping to get. I am now the science teacher for the newly remodeled Independent Study program for my school district. Previously, Indep Study teachers covered math, science, histroy, english and electives during a one hour session with their one-on-one students.
Now, I will be the new science teacher in the program. I will be teaching seven 90 minute blocks of a maximum of 15 students in biology of science 1 (Introductory Science) at the high school level. Its alot fewer students, alot less direct instruction, more individualized help. The students see me once a week, then they also see the math teacher and then their contact teacher for the english, history, and electives.

Anyhow, had to pack up my room at my other site, and move it to the new site... so my time has been taken up with that. We started school today, although I won't see students until next week.

Also, Diana and I will be main stage presenters at an Obesity Help .com event in Sacramento this weekend, so we have been working on that too. We are really looking forward to this, as it will give us the opportunity to present the Take Shape for Life program to lots of post gastric bypass surgery patients, and also folks looking into it. We are hoping to be able to help those who are struggling by presenting our stories and perhaps they will find that this program can work for them.

On top of all of this, life goes on with its struggles and challenges, which we are dealing with as best we can.

The best news is that I am still on plan and down another 1.5 lbs as of today. Still not back to my "before" weight, but getting there.

Thanks to those who have been wondering, and I hope to have some time soon to check up on here more now.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Karli » August 21st, 2008, 2:42 pm

Hi, Mike !

Well, it's great to read you and thanks for already stopping by my journal since my post of 20 or minutes ago !! You're quick ! It sounds like things are going pretty well for you, and it's a joy for me to read about and hear about, too (from Dayna :)). Your new position sounds awesome :).

I will be really interested to hear how it goes in Sacramento ! I will be back for more later :).
Karli

Postby nickieluv » September 17th, 2008, 9:16 am

Thought I'd bump your journal up to the top. 8)

How goes life and school? I hope it's terrific - and of course MF, too. Thanks for keeping an eye on me - I'm doing great so far. I think part of the key is not forcing myself to eat supplements I don't want. I'm just a liquid gal - cappuccino, cocoa, chai, occasional shakes - and one bar a day. At least until those new ones are released. I have to accept that, so that I don't dread my supplements. I am literally too lazy to nuke a cup of water and stir in a packet sometimes - something I have to get over I suppose if I expect to maintain and not just eat drive-thru all the time. All in good time.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal