To Mike

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

To Mike

Postby muffin » February 13th, 2004, 5:42 pm

I don't want to be rude but I read your post. Not talking about these situations that happen in our every day lives are not going to help us any either. This is a LEARNING process. Avoiding an issue is not going to make it go away. I can't help if I just wrote what others are thinking about right now but don't wanna put it down. Alot of us ARE dreding tomorow,and I'm sorry if I've made you hungry for something you've never had (???). Temptation is everywhere you look even smell ! and If I understand correctly you are in the 100 club, so you can't possibly want that cheddar bisquit too badly now, huh? These are things that are going to happen so just learn to DEAL. Now to all the rest of you- good luck tomorow; I now have to decide wether I want to eat good tomorow or take the very nice gift my man is gonna give me if I don't. Shake it, don't brake it. -Muffin
muffin
Regular Member - #10 Club

eat good

Postby TamiL » February 15th, 2004, 8:12 am

Hello Muffin!
I hope your MAN gave you a nice big KISS and perhaps some jewelry!!

to each his/her own on this program..if some can go off the program for a day or two..and eat candy or sweets..or forbidden foods..and get right back on...(dont know how that is possible, but good for you if you can do it!!) everyone does what works for them..
I am on Medifast products to loose weight..and get myself healthy and fit again. I chose to do this program to loose this quickly and safe..one pound at a time!!
I think this program is the last stop for all of us..dosent matter if we are 150, 160, 190, 220, 300 pounds or higher..we are all in the same boat here folks...we have all tried to "STICK" to something...did good for a while..then ended right back where we started..to those "ill start monday" promises..or Ill start next month....same old story!!

I posted this before..but it sounds like something we all need to hear often: "INSANITY IS REPEATING THE SAME PATTERNS AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS"....

I want this...there is no excuses anymore..no more" well ill do good today so I can eat more tommorrow..."..we all know where that leads us!

I dont care if BEN AFFLECK came to me right now with a box of Chocolates on one bended Knee!! I WOULDNT EAT CANDY..or anything that would SET ME OFF to go backwards....not even for one day....
BACKWARDS is where I have been for too long...resisting that is what will bring us FORWARD and to where we want to be!!

hang tuff my fellow shakers....there are many more "reason to eat" days coming up...but there are way more "reasons to stick to the program" if you want it bad enough!! ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Indigo » February 15th, 2004, 11:02 am

Hmmm Ben Affleck, probably not. Antonio Banderas . . . well, that's another thing entirely . . . . . :grin:
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 15th, 2004, 11:45 am

Muffin,

I agree with you, we are learning how to cope. Occassionally we do HAVE to attend a function that is centered around food. This is the time - now, that we learn to deal with them. I have been out to eat to 3 different functions since on Medifast that the function revolved around the meal. I chose wisely and did not gain from it during that week.

I refuse to put my life on hold during the next few months. Eating one meal off Medifast once a week, or once every few weeks is still not going to kill us. We are still moving forward.

Hang in there. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 16th, 2004, 10:55 am

You said the key word: " CHOSE WISELY"!
And that's the bottom line. I must aggree with Tami. This is a one way ticket to Thinville via Healthville...Not wanting to get off this train at all!! Almost did with them darn 7 nuts last week and decided that the only person I was fooling here was me! And that if I don't learn now to resist anything that impedes progress or makes it easier to turn one mishap into 2 then 3 then off the road I go....Then I am learning nothing. I may simply be getting to my goal only to return back this way. I need to see food diferently. This weekend I started teaching myself willpower and restraint. I asked my little niece to bring me a candy bar. She did. I placed it on kitchen table full view. I walked there and stared at it. I asked myself if I wanted it? I said yes. I asked myself next, What did I wanted most? I said to loose weight and be healthy. While still staring at it, I asked myself next if eating this chocolate bar was going to help with my profound desire( To lose weight and be healthy)? I said no. Then i said to myself. Okay Nelly...chose then, be a grown up about. Either eat this bat and shut up ( basically make your bed and aly in it) Or go for what you want most(losing weight).
I walked away!
And every time I walked in the kitchen, I looked at it and asked myself " My dream or this bar?...i walked away each times....by day end I laughed real hard. I picked up the bar in my hand with a smile and realized that it's just mind over matter. Had I had this much restraint all my life I WOULDN"T BE OVERWEIGHT!
now...when I see something I want...like the can of nuts still sitting on the Office kitchen's table....I just tell myself that I have 2 choices. It's up to me! Eat what I want or go for my dream, after all it's my life an my body....so far...I'm going for my dream!

Keep Shakin my friends!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Maisie » February 16th, 2004, 11:42 am

Dear Nelly:

The quote at the bottom of your messages has helped me a lot. I thought of it on Valentines Day when I had to go to CVS. Who wants a bunch of lousy drugstore chocolate anyway? And that's what it is. Not even worth it, no way, no how.

Maisie
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 16th, 2004, 12:22 pm

That's right Maisie!
It's just lousy junk! of course we can it chocolate! why not! lets' have ice cream too! then chips then Burger king. I mean it's just once? I did too many "ONCE ONLY" in my life and it earned me a lousy trip to FatVille USA!!!! :(

I DON'T FEEL DEPRIVED!
I want to love my body! I for one understand that the world is made up of 6 billions beautiful and each very unique Individuals. I want to love my body and understand what makes it work with me and what makes it fight with me!! So Pamela somebody can eat 6 pieces of cakes after a burger and still looks anorexic?? So where is my problem?? Am I to feel jealous or deprived??? heck No! Pamela is Pamela. That's her body, her metabolism and her life! I, Nelly, Can't have a burger and cakes on a daily basis or even weekly basis! My body is way too sensitive to caloric intake. So if it takes 1700 calories to maintain my weight and Just that one day a week I have a burger or Cheat day..( Done it before)...I find myself 20lbs heavier by year end. Therefore, I need to start seeing food differently. I need to understand that certain foods do not work for me BUT AGAINST ME!! And it all comes down to this ...eat it , pay the price or eat what is good for me and feel good about giving my body what it needs to work with me. "cause I don't know about you all....but I am tired of fighting with the only I truly own!!! I came with it and will go with it..
THIS BODY That GOD gave me and that I have ignored and abused by overfeeding it or giving it BAD Fuel. Food it simply cannot process well enough to keep me thin and healthy. Thus, here I am as a resident of FATVILLE, USA>

I'm on a one way ticket outta here and I ain't coming back!!!!!!! I told my entire entourage, that everything I do the next 6 months shouldn't have to affect my medifast dieting. So if anyone asks me to participate in something that may interfere with this...well I'm not participating. Believe..they have tried!! Drinking Martini's in front of me..eating burgers and somehow.... They tried all sort of stuff to sabotage me. I know they weren't trying to hurt me...I think it's human nature to see someone succeed where you failed and then try to railroad them. I've gotten really strong and determined. I stayed firm. Now they call me and say...If you come over i'll bake some fish for you and steam veggies?????
Hi! Hi! I guess everyone now has figured out that I am not coming off this train!!!

I'll just keep on shakin my way to THINVILLE, USA!!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Thinville

Postby TamiL » February 17th, 2004, 7:30 am

Hey Nelly...Im on that Train with ya girl....all the way to Thinville USA..non stop...no slowing down, or getting off to board another, no de-rail-in!! this train is going to take us to our dreams...and Im on it for the longhaul!!

come on ride the train..and ride it...come on ride the train!! THINVILLE HERE WE COME!!! ;)

we be shakin all the way to Nice fittin jeans and tucked in shirts!! :-P

Tami

TamiL

Postby elle4nelly » February 17th, 2004, 10:54 am

:D

hi! Hi!

That's right Tami!
This is a one way ticket to " ThinVille USA"!
And when I get there I will do everything possible to remain a permanent resident. If it takes never eating chocolate again? I'm ready! Try me!
I know now, that I can't have what everyone else has. So whatever my body needs to keep me Thin and healthy is what I will do. I was thin most of my life and took for granted that I'll always be thin. So I ate anything and got here. This place that doesn't always feel comfortable. This place which society reminds you daily is not a " nice place to be". But I am not doing this for society. I'm doing this for me and only me. I want to feel free! Thin to me would be freedom!

Freedom to walk into cool shops, pull anything of the rack and know most of it will look great. Freedom to wear white in the spring and summer.
And for me...freedom to cross my legs!! Can you believe it? A simple thing like sitting with one leg comfortably crossed over the other?? Ordinary gesture for most but uncomfortable for me right now, due to my bigger size! Freedom to wear sleeveless top and knowing that I look decent in them!
The list could go on and on...
Thin is Freedom!

So Tami and all of us shakin friends...let 's meet in Thinville USA one day!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Thinville

Postby TamiL » February 17th, 2004, 3:00 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: TO THINVILLE USA we go!!

I cant wait to be able to cross my legs COMFORTABLY and even wrap the top calf around the other while sitting!! I cant be able to wear a cute little sun dress with some sandles...
I cant wait to watch my BUTT and TUMMY shrink back into the CLOSET full of clothes I have and havent been able to open for 2 years ..cuz it made me depressed!!

so heres to getting it all back....one day at a time!! ;)

thanks for the motivation Today Nelly!! your the best!!!

Tami

TamiL

Return to Weight Loss