C-Gal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 28th, 2007, 6:45 am

Congrats on day 3! You are well on your way!!

I'm still a little worried about your work outs. Did you cut them in half? You're doing SO well I don't want to see you stall before you really get going.

Keep up the great work!

Oh - and I too LOVE them nanner shakes! Those and the chocolate ones and the chocolate bar are pretty much what I live on. LOL I eat chocolate all day long and lose weight - it rocks!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby CGal67 » November 28th, 2007, 1:16 pm

bikipatra wrote:It can feel very uncomfortable and makes me feel very vulnerable. I guess these are feelings we will both have to work through. But I would still rather be uncomfortable and thin than uncomfortable and fat. I do wish I could be like a superhero and make myself invisible sometimes.

Thank you for the Congrats!

You know, you are so right about working through those issues...but deep down I feel like I've lived with that feeling for so long I sort of worry about it. I'm seriously thinking of working with a counselor on it...although I'm not sure what they would say other than "GET OVER IT". I do agree though...I'm ready for THIN...I'll deal with those other issues if they present themselves!

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 28th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Out*With*The*Old wrote:Congrats on day 3! You are well on your way!!

I'm still a little worried about your work outs. Did you cut them in half? You're doing SO well I don't want to see you stall before you really get going.

Keep up the great work!

Oh - and I too LOVE them nanner shakes! Those and the chocolate ones and the chocolate bar are pretty much what I live on. LOL I eat chocolate all day long and lose weight - it rocks!

I'm not really working up a sweat so I should be okay. I'm just doing a little toning. I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday so I won't be doing pushups for ther rest of the week. I've been holding back on the walking - which is what I really want to do...but I'll wait another week.

You know, I may end up being like you - so far, the easiest things to eat have been chocolate! LOL! But today I'm making myself eat other things just to use it up. But I never thought of it as eating chocolate all day! Maybe in January I'll do a Chocolate MF fast! LMAO!

Thanks for looking out!!

C

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 28th, 2007, 2:04 pm

Isn't it GREAT???? I'm totally addicted to the chocolate shakes and bars! I love the nanner shakes but haven't had one in weeks. I am mostly having the chocolate RTD's - - - LOVE LOVE LOVE the simplicity of those!!!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby rodeomom » November 28th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Hey there, wanted to stop by and say thanks for your encourangement in my journal. So glad that all that medical stuff is over and results are good.

Looks like you are doing well on the plan. Hope you are able to keep it up!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby CGal67 » November 28th, 2007, 10:29 pm

DAY 4 - Compliant!
Today was a decent day...better yet perfect by MF standards.

I forgot to weigh in this morning because I woke up late. Not much to report today other than I'm hoping to make my water goal before I go to sleep.

No exercise today.

The beef stew wasn't all that bad...I actually liked it although I made it spicey like I like it.

I didn't try anything else new either... but I may try to be brave and try the cream of brocolli tomorrow.

RM,

You're welcome and thanks for the well wishes!! Glad things worked out for the best!

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby bikipatra » November 29th, 2007, 4:15 am

The cream of broccoli is good spicy too. (Skake it in the shaker jar before you heat it up. Otherwise it can clump.) Take into account I am half Mexican so I like most thinks spicy. :lol: (Where is that Speedy Gonzalez emoticon???)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 29th, 2007, 8:50 am

I find the cream of broccoli best with a lot of cracked black pepper!. I am a spicy person too but didn't think that too much would go with the taste of the cream of broccoli except the pepper.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » November 29th, 2007, 11:25 am

I always added hot sauce or salsa (when it was allowed; I'm not sure it is anymore) to my broccoli soup. And I'm not even Mexican (but I grew up in California, so close enough, I guess). :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 3:57 pm

I will try all of your suggestions for dinner! LOL! I was going to have the soup for lunch today but got to work and realized I had an engagement.

*what to do right?*

Well luckily for me it was one of those luxury hotel events that don't believe in feeding you...and so I was able eat OP! I had a small serving of beef steak with a bundle of romaine lettuce and squash slivers. I entered it all into TSFL and the steak serving is in the same ballpark as the turkey I've been eating all week. How cool is that! The bundle of romaine had a few crumbles of bleu cheese and carmelized onion and that was it..pretty tasty without dressing!

Anyway...so I had to shift my meals around today to accommodate that but I'm proud of myself for going and working around the menu...since we often have events like this. I still have a cup and a half of green to eat if I want it. But right now I'm pretty full.

Speaking of full I realize I don't normally eat as much meat as they recommend on this plan...at least not in one sitting. I really struggle eating 6 ounces of turkey...that is A LOT of turkey!! My stomach hurts every time I do but I think that is from all the water I drink now. I'm really not much of a FOWL person...I'm not a big eater of chicken, hens or turkey...so I may switch to pork and fish when I run out of my current supply.

I weighed this morning... 206.4 but TOM also showed up so that was not surprising. At least I didn't gain 6 pounds like I normally do when TOM comes. I usually retain water SUPER BAD and look quite bloated for 4 days leading up to TOM so starting MF when I did must have helped! I feel GREAT! I didn't even expect TOM yet. *no symptoms* Again - something that is really COOL!

Be back later...

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 29th, 2007, 4:18 pm

CGal67 wrote:
Speaking of full I realize I don't normally eat as much meat as they recommend on this plan...at least not in one sitting. I really struggle eating 6 ounces of turkey...that is A LOT of turkey!! My stomach hurts every time I do but I think that is from all the water I drink now. I'm really not much of a FOWL person...I'm not a big eater of chicken, hens or turkey...so I may switch to pork and fish when I run out of my current supply.
C

Congrats on staying OP!!!! You're on a ROLL!

I had a TOUGH time with the L&G portions too which is the main reason I switched to the complete plan (I rarely have a L&G now). However, as another alternative you can equally split your L&G into 2 meals. If you do this, just know you're supposed to equally split both the lean and the green. You'd then be eating 7 times. I wasn't as stuffed but just found I generally felt better when I didn't have the L&G. Also, the 6 times a day was hard enough to get in and I personally found it hard to add a 7th time with the split. But, know its an option that has worked for others and it might work for you too. (I mean, lol, I'm an oddity, I'm sure. I'm living basically on chocolate bars and chocolate RTD's :) )
Out*With*The*Old

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Thank you!

It's so funny you mention the chocolate thing because someone was talking about being on a diet today and I said I was on one too...

Then she asked which one and I said I eat chocolates and bananas and started laughing. She gave me that :| look and then laughed too because she thought I was joking. :mrgreen:
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » November 29th, 2007, 6:28 pm

i completely understand the whole "too full" thing. I was struggling with fitting in all my meals, still do sometimes. I find that if i eat the L&G earlier, it digests and leaves a little more room for shakes to end the day. I'm not huge meat eater anyway (definitely NO beef or pork) so for me to eat 6 or 7 ounces of meat is torture. I try to substitue things like eggs (only allowed once a week) or cottage cheese. Jeez, what's a loser to do!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 6:43 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:i completely understand the whole "too full" thing. I was struggling with fitting in all my meals, still do sometimes. I find that if i eat the L&G earlier, it digests and leaves a little more room for shakes to end the day. I'm not huge meat eater anyway (definitely NO beef or pork) so for me to eat 6 or 7 ounces of meat is torture. I try to substitue things like eggs (only allowed once a week) or cottage cheese. Jeez, what's a loser to do!

So true because 6 ounces of turkey is a PILE!! Fish may be a better fit for me for the long term. I love COD and HALIBUT! I'm in Seattle so it's pretty easy to find all sorts of varieties of fish. If I get Halibut it's considered a heavy fish and I won't have to eat a lot of it *crossing fingers*

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » November 30th, 2007, 11:07 pm

DAY 6

Status = Compliant!

Weight = 204.8

Today has been nuts! Work was crazy and I was running around all day long...I got in my food, but my water intake was not up to par. I have to say that although I like the puddings, oatmeals and other items, I may not order more than one box of each next time since they are harder to fix on a spur of the moment. The only good thing about the pudding is that I slow down and eat it. I finally tried the orange shake and I like that one too! (Nice to know...for future orders.)

One thing I noticed today...and I guess I'm glad I'm not getting any exercise, after a few times up and down the stairs at work...my legs get super weak. I may have over done things today because I had to carry some heavy items for a few blocks. My arms were burning when I got done and we were moving non-stop. Even once I got home this evening and came upstairs to my bedroom my legs were screaming, "ENOUGH ALREADY, DANG!".

So...I think I will have to think about which meal needs to be L&G when I begin to exercise. I'll need the energy.

Tomorrow is our company party but I am not going to attend. My boss and a lot of my co-workers all tried to talk me in to attending - for what reasons...I'm not sure because in most social settings they just don't talk to me much. I only wanted to go to see a few people who used to work for the firm who said they were attending...but I felt like trying NOT to drink would have been too hard. Especially when everything is completely FREE. Last year we all had about 7 drinks a piece. So this year I pass!

I'm pretty tired tonight so I may even turn in early. One thing I noticed is that every morning I wake up with a SWEET taste in my mouth. It's sort of gross...but I'm not sure why.

Anyway...I'm off to relax and drink water. I have one more meal to get in tonight but I swear it's going to have to be a drink! (maybe an RTD) I just want to dive in bed.

Nighty night!

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal