C-Gal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » November 19th, 2007, 1:06 pm

C, I didn't have sleep apnea, but I did snore like a chain saw. After losing some pounds, I stopped snoring to my hubby's delight. :mrgreen:

Maybe your apnea will correct itself when the fat stores aren't there anymore.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 19th, 2007, 2:59 pm

I sure hope so. I don't need anything else to be stressed about.

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » November 19th, 2007, 3:56 pm

A couple things... first, my wife is right there with you on the MAC thing. She asks me everytime she goes shopping how much she can get at MAC ;)
The other is the sleep apnea. Alot of people (me included) have it no longer after we lose weight. I had it, and have it no more. I never needed an assisted device because I slept mostly on my side and stomach, but I did snore pretty bad back in my gargantuan days.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 19th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Thanks Mike!

I hate bandaids...I always feel as if they are only a temporary solution so I'd much rather lose weight than spend money on sleeping devices that will only make me "feel" like the problem is gone.

I'll cross my fingers that my package arrives tomorrow. If it arrives on Wednesday, I won't be able to pick it up until late that day.

C

P.S. Your wife has excellent taste!! ;)
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby Charity » November 19th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Aloha and welcome from another shorty (5'2")

I really related to your story about getting fit by forty. When I was a little girl there was a summer school teacher that was just beautiful that I admired tremendously. I asked her how old she was and she said she was 22. Since then, my favorite number had been 22. I was pretty chubby at 21 because I had just moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) and all we did was watch movies and pig out together. I promised myself that I would be fit and looking great by 22. It didn't happen! All I did was gain weight!

So, now my new goal is to be fit by 30. I am not looking forward to 30 but if I am fit I think it will help me get over it a bit. I have a little under a year to do it but I hope I reach goal by Feb.

I love Medifast and I love to spread the word. I let all my close friends know about it. My dietitian is having an info session that she asked me to come to and I am soooo there! I am glad people shared with you and helpped you find MF.

Welcome welcome welcome!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 20th, 2007, 3:03 am

Serendipity wrote:C, I didn't have sleep apnea, but I did snore like a chain saw. After losing some pounds, I stopped snoring to my hubby's delight. :mrgreen:

Maybe your apnea will correct itself when the fat stores aren't there anymore.

I stopped snoring for several months until I was put on Seroquel at night. My husband says I snore just a little now and not all the time.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 9:53 am

Hmmm...I really don't snore. I simply don't BREATHE. *pretty scary too*
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 9:58 am

Charity wrote:Aloha and welcome from another shorty (5'2")

I really related to your story about getting fit by forty. When I was a little girl there was a summer school teacher that was just beautiful that I admired tremendously. I asked her how old she was and she said she was 22. Since then, my favorite number had been 22. I was pretty chubby at 21 because I had just moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) and all we did was watch movies and pig out together. I promised myself that I would be fit and looking great by 22. It didn't happen! All I did was gain weight!

So, now my new goal is to be fit by 30. I am not looking forward to 30 but if I am fit I think it will help me get over it a bit. I have a little under a year to do it but I hope I reach goal by Feb.

I love Medifast and I love to spread the word. I let all my close friends know about it. My dietitian is having an info session that she asked me to come to and I am soooo there! I am glad people shared with you and helpped you find MF.

Welcome welcome welcome!

Another shorty!!! Hello there!

Well, I don't have any deadline goals right now...my head isn't in that. I guess my main GOAL is to get FIT period. I guess now that I think about it putting an age on the deadline makes it seem like a "temporary plan" rather than a plan for the long haul. So I plan to reach a goal weight in the range of 125-135 pounds and take it from there. I don't know today how long that will take but I'm in it to WIN it!

I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE MF too! I can't wait to get started.

Thanks for the welcome!

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby katesmom » November 20th, 2007, 10:52 am

Welcome and thanks for posting in my journal ! I haven't had much time to post lately and it can get frustrating not being here as much as I'd like. You seem to have a great attitude, which really counts here ! The people that tell it straight are being honest...Weight loss on MF can be as quick or lengthy as you make it ! I admire Jo, Biki, Lizabette, Merry Mary , and Baby Trace...They all had the attitude to "Just Do It" and got the weight off in a reasonable amount of time...

Good Luck ! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 12:02 pm

"The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous." - Shana Alexander

This quote is so true!! Great food for thought today.

I have been thinking...I still don't have my package yet and I'm already thinking that I need to put a "mini" order in for more shakes. Something tells me that I will be drinking a lot of shakes and not using much of the other things. I love soups so no problem there but I can't see myself using the puddings and oatmeal every day. See the issue is that I don't leave my desk much...at least not with food on the brain. I make rounds around the office (which is ths same as going around a city block) but it tends to get so busy that I forget to eat. The RTD's will ge a great thing to have on hand but I only ordered two cases.

I work in TAX so basically the beginning of busy season is just around the corner (well it starts for us in February) and that is coming up fast. I expressed to Nancy that I'd like to be well under way with this eating plan long before busy season arrives - the office orders in a lot of FOOD during this time and it seems like all we do is EAT. Basically this is not a concern of mine as far as being tempted - but more so about convenience and habit. My NEW food needs to be a habit before then. *deep thoughts*

I told the girl in the mail room to call me on my cell phone tomorrow if my food come since I have that day off. I hope it comes today though. I feel like I've been waiting forever. Once it gets here I can lay it all out and figure out if I want more shakes or not. I don't think I can last 30 days on a limited amount of shakes.

I also need to find some straws that can be used a few times each. I think using straws will help me drink more water. (I'm still struggling with getting 100 ounces a day.

I haven't been on the scale in two days. I will weigh in on Sunday I suppose since that is the weigh in day around here. I may as well have a clean start with the masses.

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 12:06 pm

katesmom wrote:Welcome and thanks for posting in my journal ! I haven't had much time to post lately and it can get frustrating not being here as much as I'd like. You seem to have a great attitude, which really counts here ! The people that tell it straight are being honest...Weight loss on MF can be as quick or lengthy as you make it ! I admire Jo, Biki, Lizabette, Merry Mary , and Baby Trace...They all had the attitude to "Just Do It" and got the weight off in a reasonable amount of time...

Good Luck ! :D

Thank you for stopping by!

I hear ya on the listening to the WISE folks around here. I have had a chance to read a few other journals and see a pattern among those who are at goal and maintaining. Now...I'm a pretty competitive person so it's sort of a draw for me to want to be like the BEST of them...ya know?

Now...if I can only get started!! Where oh where is that UPS man??

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby jskm » November 20th, 2007, 12:06 pm

CGal67 wrote:
but I can't see myself using the puddings and oatmeal every day. C

I thought that too, especially about the oatmeal, even traded some off early on. However, I use it daily to make things--pancakes, muffins. Now I can't keep myself IN oatmeal. I use pudding to make things too, but not nearly as much as the oatmeal.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 12:10 pm

jskm wrote:
CGal67 wrote:
but I can't see myself using the puddings and oatmeal every day. C

I thought that too, especially about the oatmeal, even traded some off early on. However, I use it daily to make things--pancakes, muffins. Now I can't keep myself IN oatmeal. I use pudding to make things too, but not nearly as much as the oatmeal.

Well, if I find out that I am not using the oatmeal, I will mail you mine! LOL! I can pretty much bet that I will never make pancakes or muffins...I like pancakes but I pass on muffins. I've never made either one of those things at home.

I guess I'm just not a desert type person. But I will have to find out what varations people use around here for the soups...that sounds appealing.

Keep in touch - please!

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby Serendipity » November 20th, 2007, 12:23 pm

I work in TAX

:whattha: ME TOO! Staying on program is so easy during tax season because as you know, there's no time to eat! The RTD's do come in handy, but I also have a shaker and shakes, oatmeal, and bars at my desk. I save the pudding for making at home because I like to freeze if for an hour or so before eating it....it's kind of like ice cream that way.

When I get busy even now, I often have a 5&1 or even 6&0 day just because of the convenience.

I do about 350-400 returns/yr.....trusts, estates, individual, and gift. I prefer not to do corps, but I do alot of the accounting for corps. I'm also an advanced QuickBooks pro-advisor. My husband and son are both CPA's. I'm not, but I work with my husband in our own firm. Our son works in a big firm in Pittsburgh.

What do you do? Assuming you're in public accounting......
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby CGal67 » November 20th, 2007, 7:24 pm

MY FOOD DID NOT GET HERE YET! :( :( :(

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I won't be able to start until Tuesday because the office will be closed Thursday and Friday. Which means the earliest delivery time from UPS will be at 2pm on Monday.

*SIGH*

:|

C
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal