Before and Almost There Pics (NE Gal in South) Carol

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Before and Almost There Pics (NE Gal in South) Carol

Postby NE gal in South » April 20th, 2005, 8:22 am

When I began this journey in June of 2004 the scales in my doctors office had to be wrong at 293, even though all the equipment there is new. I was clearly in denial, don't ya think.

I started with the hope that a loss of 30 lbs. would ease or being really hopeful, erase the constant pain of arthritis in my left knee and the crippling pain of plantar fasciatis in my right foot.

I seldom allowed a picture to be taken of me. I guess for before photo purposes, I should thank whoever took this one of me in my favorite and very worn red dress. Once the photo was given to me, I promptly stuffed in in a drawer, and said to myself that is not me. I dug it out in December of 2004, on my way to meet Leopard Woman and Terry in Baltimore for the first time, so they could have some idea of where I started.

In the almost there picture that I believe Terry Pettit took of me, I am happy to report that the shopping bag I am waiving around has a new pair of salmon color pants in a size 10 that almost fit that day. I am even happier to tell you that today they are really too big, and will have to be altered before I have my at goal photo taken wearing them.

Can you imagine 145 lbs. gone. I really do feel great, I have gained back the good health I had 15 years ago, and no longer need any meds and now I have new with - it threads to wear. What could be better. Friends for life I am sure, with my Health Advisors - Bon-Bon and Steve and Nancy (LW) and Terry.

Folks, if you are on the fence, I am here to tell you that if I could do it at 60 + you can. Keep Shakin and if you are not Get Shakin! Life is much more fun healthy.

Carol
cmc
NE gal in South
Preferred Member - #100 Club

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Postby LilMsTexas » April 20th, 2005, 9:29 am

WOW CAROL!! My gosh you are a radiant woman 8) Congratulations for having the fortitude and power over your life to make such changes. It just goes to show that all of us are capable of breaking our bad habits whether they be a year old, 10 years or however many ;) You are awesome and TRULY beautiful!! I can't wait to see your new SASSY AT GOAL pictures!!!

HOORAY for you Carol :cheerleader:
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » April 20th, 2005, 9:38 am

I give a second WOW Carol! You are gorgeous from the inside out! Thank you for posting, thank you for coming here and thank you for your inspiration!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 20th, 2005, 10:03 am

NE Girl - CONGRATS!!! I love your comment Life is much more fun healthy. How true that is!

Very nice to meet you in picture person ... How wonderful for you that you had the honor of some shoppage with the shopping queen LW herself! And might I add, I didn't miss that water bottle over there in your hand!!!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2005, 10:44 am

You look fantastic! Congrats!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 1:08 pm

NE Girl........... :bow: :bow: :bow: ..........positivly awesome.........you are an inspiration to all....... :yes: .....so many think they are to old...they give up....you still...God willing...have so much life to live..... :yeah: ...and you can now live it flab free..... :yay: .....I am so proud to be associated thru this forum with a WINNER like you........... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 20th, 2005, 1:52 pm

Carol,

What a transformation!!! Great work!!

Of course I am impressed with the weight loss.......but I am even more impressed with the change the loss has made on your outlook.

When I look at the first picture you actually appear to be in misery......and that the small smile you had was about the most you could muster.

When I look at the second picture..........I see happiness just BURSTING out..........also I see energy......didn't see any energy at all in the Before Pic.

What a great time you are going to have in that new body of yours.........Have fun with it...........you EARNED it!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 20th, 2005, 2:48 pm

Dean, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Carol, I cannot believe the difference. :shock: Actually I can believe it! You look A--ma--zing Dar--ling! I love the smile in your second picture. It is the smile of a woman who has just conquered the world and is loving every minute of it.

Thank you for being such an inspiration. I wish I hadn't waited soooo long to begin my journey, if I hadn't I could be smiling that same smile :D . I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you. I guess I am just in complete admiration of people like you. I admire your commitment and your strength.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby shirley » April 20th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Thanks NE girl that is a great picture. Congratulation :D you are a star in your own life and thanks for sharing your sucess shirley
shirley
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 20th, 2005, 5:24 pm

WOW!

Carol, how awesome! Congratulations on what you have been able to accomplish for yourself here -- you look great! And you are definitely an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your pictures.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

wooooeee!

Postby Seaside » April 20th, 2005, 5:42 pm

That's just wonderful. You look great and this is very inspirational. What a difference not even a year makes!!! :thumbsup:
Seaside

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 20th, 2005, 8:17 pm

Carol,
You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO happy for you!!! :D :D :D :D
You not only look healthy and beautiful but you look EXUBERANT!!!
What a wonderful thing to have done for yourself!!
God Bless You!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby raederle » April 21st, 2005, 5:58 am

Thanks so much for posting! It's wonderful to "meet" you after hearing so many things from Nancy about how successful you've been, and what a wonderful person you are. It's an honor to meet you, and to see how much you've shrunk! You're amazing!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

I would like to thank everyone

Postby NE gal in South » April 21st, 2005, 12:52 pm

for their kind words, and tell each of you that this is the best trip I have ever taken, no passport, no missed connections, no waiting in lines etc. A little denial now and then, with rewards beyond my original dreams.

Decision and committment :D were the keys for me once I heard that using the Medifast Meal supplements would silence the cravings I always had for the following foods. Be it pasta, chips & dip, cookies, pizza, all beef hot dogs, cheese & crackers and of course the men in my life, come on you do know my men and of course that forbidden woman. Ben & Jerry, Mr. Hagen Daz and Lady Godiva (Vanilla - with dark chocolate carmel filled hearts). It was truly amazing, I committed to drink 5 shakes daily from the 24 boxes of shakes in my first order, and eat a Mickey Dee salad daily until the shakes were gone. I had nothing else, except enough water to float the fleet and my trusty old Diet Coke with lime for 33 days. In the first 30 days I lost 33 lbs.
cmc
NE gal in South

Postby Bonnie » April 25th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Carol

Steve and I are so proud of you... We are proud to be your health advisors.... :mrgreen: From the very beginning you stayed committed. You were determined to make it work. :x We have enjoyed the excitement in your voice when you would tell us you were down another 10lbs.

Then when you came to see us last month we were shocked to see just how small you were :shock: ... We really enjoyed shopping with you and watching you come out of the dressing room with smaller clothes.

You are truly a MEDIFAST MODEL......WE LOVE YOU AND LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOURSELF....... :yay:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Studio