Hello from down South

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello from down South

Postby Paula » May 31st, 2005, 7:40 pm

This is my first post. I've been "lurking" for several months and learning lots of great stuff. This is one of the best forums I've ever been to. There's a great feeling of community and support for one another. Some of the stories I've read about have made me cry and some have made me laugh about things I never thought I would be able to laugh about. It's made me feel like there are a lot of people who have gone through the same things I have and handled them better than I have. I've been on Medifast since Jan 2 2005 and I've lost 58 lbs. I want to lose an additional 78 lbs. I feel like I can do it with Medifast and TSFL and this forum. I'll try to be a good community member and post often, maybe now I'll be able to help some others as much as I've been helped by all of you, pay it forward, so to speak. Thank you all for all the information and hope you share.
Paula :D
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 31st, 2005, 8:18 pm

WOW Paula....58 pounds is alot of you that's gone - forever!! :grin: How cool!! :kool:

I'm glad you're out of "lurkdom" and able to join us! I agree this forum is alot of fun and very supportive and motivational. I don't have alot of experience with forums, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I just think everyone here is great!! It's so funny, because when I'm driving home from wherever I've been, my thoughts are "what do I need to do before I go & get online?" and I've never been much into using the computer this much. I just really like reading everyone's posts and especially interested in replies to "moi" when I've sent something out....it's just FUN!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better. At the rate you're going, you'll reach your goal before you know it!!! :hug:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 1st, 2005, 2:43 am

Hi there Paula and welcome to the family. You are already such a success story that you will have tons of help to offer others beginning today. Just by posting your success you have undoubtedly inspired someone to begin this journey. We never know the lives we are touching......but sometimes look and see how many times the topic has been "viewed" by "lurkers" and you can see what kind of potential impact we make here. Sometime when you're up to it and have the time, post your "story" here and let us get to know you. I have found that very liberating and I know others have as well.

Take care of yourself (as you already are) and enjoy the new friendships that are headed your way. If you have done this well without support, just imagine what will happen with you now 8)

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby want2Bthin » June 1st, 2005, 7:17 am

Hi Paula-

Welcome! I am glad you decided to start posting not just reading them. You will gain so much by sharing your joys and struggles here. 58 pounds! :mrgreen: That is awesome!

Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby noexcuse » June 1st, 2005, 8:12 am

Hi Paula welcome :D wow 58lbs how awesome!!......From a being a past lurker myself and just coming out of the medifast cabinet :hide: last week I can say it feels much better to be posting :puter: and for myself personally I defiantly have a greater sense of accountability to myself thanks to these wonderful cheerleaders :cheerleader: and its great to know you are not alone on your journey and instead that we are part of a giant medi team :goteam: :toast: …glad to be shakin with ya
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Paula » June 1st, 2005, 2:50 pm

Lisa, Christi, Angelia, Ali,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I noticed we're ALL from down south, some of us further south than others. ;) It's good to feel a part of this community! Ali, are you in the Metro Atlanta area?
Since you asked, Christi, I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm diabetic, both my parents were diabetic and my sister (who by the way has lost more than 100 lbs on Medifast and is the one who helped me get started. mombarnes here at the forum got her started, well they kind of got each other started.) I was almost holding on to a fasting blood sugar of 140 with maximum doses of both Metformin and Avandia and had pretty much given up, when I decided to try Medifast. My fasting blood sugar is now holding steady at 102 and I'm on half the dose of both meds. My peak blood sugars are running about 140 now. That's the best thing about Medifast for me. 58 lbs makes me happy when I look in the mirror, I can't even tell you what it feels like to see those numbers on the glucometer. I'll bet you understand Christi, I'm sure a lot of you do... joy instead of dread. My youngest daughter is starting Medifast soon, she's put on some weight and she's getting married next May. I want her to be healthy, she wants to look smashing in her wedding gown, who can blame her. Nancy pointed out to me that I need to start planning for a skinny Mother-of-the-Bride dress. I can't wait. I'll be catching up on all of you as the days go by, I've got lots of reading to do! I didn't get to 58 lbs lost without support, I've already gotten a lot right here, thanks to all of you.
:D Paula
Paula

Postby Ron » June 1st, 2005, 3:20 pm

Welcome to a very nice place for support, encouragement and more.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby fedup » June 1st, 2005, 3:53 pm

Yup, this place has tremendous support and love! You'll wonder how you did without it!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Emma » June 1st, 2005, 4:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your story Paula - you are quite an inspiration! My dad just started MF last week (down 13lbs. already) - he's diabetic and has about 100+ to lose. He's amazed at how good his sugar has been already. I'm so happy I found MF and this forum.

I look forward to seeing your success continue.

Emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby LilMsTexas » June 1st, 2005, 5:09 pm

Did you know I'm a type II diabetic? I was maxed on both Metformin and Avandia also, as well as Glynase! My HA1C was 9.9 :shock: Within 2 weeks I was completely off ALL my meds and my numbers are perfect now...always! That has been the BEST part about all of this...no medication :D That is also the reason I will continue to incorporate MF products into my maintenance plan. I believe eating 6 min-meals a day and having these lower calorie supps in my diet will be the key to my ongoing success.

It is so incredible how much MF has touched your family's life. That should be one success story in the end!! Anytime you want to talk diabetes just look me up...I'm always up for a little "sugar talk" hehe

Thanks for sharing your story...we have so much in common 8)

Have a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby LuzInIt » June 1st, 2005, 6:31 pm

Hi Paula - I'm another diabetic off meds. At one point, my HA1c was over 14 :shock: . I was on two different insulins, taking shots 4 times a day, plus Metformin. I stopped taking my insulin almost as soon as I started Medifast. I saw a new endocrinologist last week and my HA1c was 7.1, almost normal. Pretty cool stuff, this Medifast. The weird thing is, my last doctor wouldn't allow me any kind of sweetner at all. No diet anything (sodas, breath mints or gum, etc.) His stand was "if it says diet, it's candy". I wasn't allowed lemon in my tea, or vinegar (with my vinegar & oil dressing)... both contain sugar (who knew?). No green or herbal teas. Not even any laxatives (sugar in there), when my all-meat diet had me so stuck I thought I would die :cry: . I tell you, that man could find the slightest hint of sugar (or sugar sub) in everything. Now, I'm drinking all these sweet-tasting concoctions and putting splenda in my oatmeal. I feel like I am constantly cheating, everything taste so good.

I, too, will be a skinny mother-of-the-bride next year. My daughter's wedding will be end of May or June. They're looking to coordinate church and hall availability, so date is still pending. I've claimed a size 10 for myself for that dress, with full expectation of making it to a size I have never seen as an adult. Should be an exciting year for us, huh! :D
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » June 1st, 2005, 7:30 pm

All your dreams can be yours - with every shake you slurp and chase with water, you are closer to the hottest Mother-of-the Bride dress!

We cannot put a price on our health! It is worth it all!

Hey, welcome, Paula! :beerbeer:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Paula » June 1st, 2005, 10:48 pm

Thank you all, 'specially you Nancy, you're the best and you & Medifast have changed my life. I'll never be able to thank you enough!

Christi, I had read another thread about your struggle so yes I knew. It's a horrible disease, but we've found a way to beat it! Even if we can't cure it all together we can send it into remission with Medifast and that's almost as good. I want to shout it from the roof top, maybe I will! :lol:

Paula
Paula

Postby noexcuse » June 2nd, 2005, 4:26 am

Hi Paula,

Your must be so excited about the wedding and busy planning congratulations....I not a diabetic but what an improvement on your numbers and I am sure your feeling so much better too :-P
As for me my location seems to be in a constant state of flux, I am a bit further south than Atlanta more tw Columbus, I was in Marietta for a while last year and currently I am out of state all together so I am missing out on a Georgia summer. Which in some respects is good for me since last year I drank way to much sweet tea lol and probably had scary blood sugars myself and didn't know it. Well I just wanted to say Welcome again......have a great day :D
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » June 4th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Hi Paula-- I too lurked on this forum before joining.. It's the best.. I am not a diabetic but my mom is and I wish she were well enough to do the MF program as I know it would help her with her sugar as it has you and many others i have read about.. The support on this forum is GREAT!!!!! As you can see I am from Mississippi; born in louisiana though and eat like I still lived there.. cajuns are really good at eating as well as cooking.. I still cook all of my families favorite foods but don't eat any of them at this time.. once I learn how to eat the correct portions and a liitle control and of course reach my goal I will start to enjoy most of those foods again(within reason) and with all of the support I will get from my friends here I know I can and will suceed.. Congratulations on your MF success and look forward to hearing from you again..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.