Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

4 days in,new to forum, help!

Postby mountain gal » June 14th, 2005, 8:57 am

I just started on the 10th, new to this forum. need help and advice plz. :oops:
mountain gal

Postby martha » June 14th, 2005, 9:04 am

mountain gal---
WELCOME to our forum.. I've been on MF for almost 2 months.. so far so good. It is the best program I have ever done.. the 1st 3 days are the hardest to most people. some days I do all shakes(6) and some days I do the 5 and 1 lean and green.. depends on how I feel.. read over your starter booklet as it tells you exactly what you will need to get started and feel free to come back to the forum anytime day or night for support, advice, to vent or to just chat.. we would love to hear from you.. You will do fine on this program and the people here are GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Best around... they keep me straight :lol: and thats a hard job for anyone....Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 14th, 2005, 9:37 am

Mountain gal0-

Welcome! :byebye: I guess my advice would be come here often. Read the post but don't be afraid to jump in and reply. It has proven to be very therapeutic for me to have this forum for daily support. You will make lots of new friends.

Good luck.
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

We can do this!

Postby Charlotte » June 14th, 2005, 9:43 am

I am starting today. Last night I gathered all my days into little baggies so I could try everything out and see what I like. I know you are not supposed to have more than one bar a day. And you should have at least three shakes. And if you get hungry, you are supposed to have another shake.
So in each little baggie, so I can just grab and go in the morning, I put four shakes, two meal replacements (a soup or a bar or an oatmeal) and a multivitamin.
How are you feeling? I am very nervous. I want so badly for this to work. I have also told all my friends so they can support me and keep me on track. I have already really enjoyed these chat rooms too.
Make sure you set a schedule for yourself. We need to eat every three hours. So if you start your day at 6, then you will eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6 and 9. Are you doing the full plan, or the 5 and 1? I am going to try and get to my doctor to do the full plan.
I weighed in last night. I was 228 pounds. I want to be about 150, or little less.
We can do this. I know we can.
I read in the booklet last night that there are more materials we can get too. I am planning on asking Nancy for them, because I don't know where we get them from.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Postby LilMsTexas » June 14th, 2005, 11:33 am

Charlotte your post was right on track and very supportive. Your baggie idea is excellent. I just want to tell you that you don't HAVE to have 3 shakes a day. That was the "old" way and now we can have any supplements in any variety with the only gold rule of ONE BAR A DAY! Other than that you don't HAVE to do 3 shakes a day.

Now..having said that...Nancy has made mention that the shakes have the "best" soy proportion out of all the products and having 3 shakes a day is "good"....but it's not "necessary" anymore. All of the products are nutritionally balanced and you can have 5 chilis a day if that's what floats your boat :shock: I just wanted you and others to know that you aren't restricted and let variety be the spice of your life!

Good luck to all you "newbies"
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ron » June 14th, 2005, 1:18 pm

May I suggest that you try the "cookie" recipes with the oatmeal. This will most probably not be your favorite "bakery" item of all time, but it is a very good way to carry a premade meal when necessary. I add some fiber to the oatmeal and some cinnamon, make a triple batch and they are good for days.
Lots of good recipes and good ways to keep this interesting!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » June 14th, 2005, 3:01 pm

Welcome!!!

This is a great place for advice! Just ask away!

Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » June 14th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Welcome Mountain Gal! The best advice I can give you is to check this forum - often! The support, advice, and ideas are priceless. I have been on two weeks today and I love it!

Susanne

5 # in 5 days

Postby Guest » June 15th, 2005, 8:46 am

Thanks to eveyone for advice and encouragement. 5 # in 5 days I'm on my way :D 200 + more to go :oops:

Postby DonicaB » June 16th, 2005, 6:09 am

Mountain Gal~~Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making the choice to get thin and healthy. :yay:

I agree with Susanne, come here often for support, advice and sometimes even a good laugh. :bounce:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » June 16th, 2005, 6:54 am

Mountain Gal........ :wavie: .....welcome..........any questions you have ask away or click on FAQ....that's a great source..... :yes: .........glad to have you with us and may you be blessed with much strength for this journey...... :hug: .......keep shakin and that flab will be flying...... :yay: .......

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » June 16th, 2005, 10:45 am

Just wanted to add another welcome Mountain Gal! ;) Hope to see you hear often! My little advice.... never underestimate the water thing! I think the water is soooooooooooooooo important!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.