C-Gal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 6th, 2007, 9:16 am

CONGRATS on your continued compliance!! You are doing sooooo well!! I know the 'I feel good inside and out' feeling too! LOVE IT!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby CGal67 » December 6th, 2007, 8:26 pm

Day 12 = Compliant /GOLD STAR!! :shades:

Today's weight = 200.6

KYM,

Thank you for your positive feedback, I really appreciate it!!

BIKI,

Guess what I bought today??

Well I walked about 2.5 miles today which felt quite good. I love walking! I wasn't intending to walk for exercise though, I walked from my job to the dentist office and back. Today I got the evaluation for the dental fixture that is supposed to help me with the Sleep Apnea but they turned me down, and that sucks! They don't think the device will help me so it looks like I will have to have another surgery, this time to remove my tonsils and adenoids. :cry: But it's cool...I guess if that means not dying in my sleep then I'll do it.

I tried to explain to the Doc that I was doing MF and that I will lose weight and asked if that would make any difference with my airway. He said that only 3% of the people who TRY to lose weight are successful and so I needn't really focus on that as a solution. :roll: :x I know that ALL of the Docs I've seen this year feel this way because I have struggled with my weight for 8 years or more. But I was never really given a plan or idea that would WORK for me no matter how much I stuck to it. Most of the plans I tried didn't appeal to me from day one. I actually like MF and the reason why it's a good fit for me is mainly because I already KNEW that eating 5-6 small meals is the best way to lose weight, but I just couldn't figure out what to eat 5-6 times a day.

So I guess they will have to see. I told him I'd probably be doing MF for at least two years...1 year to get to goal and the rest of that time would be a 4 & two plan. (at least that is what I think my maintenance plan will be). I guess I was just talking to a brick wall but it's all good. :| I can't let anyone's negative thinking ruin the way I've been feeling the past two weeks.

One thing I still don't really get *although I'm certainly not complaining* but I don't get how small I feel. I really wish I could describe it but I can't. I remember reading someone's journal the past few weeks who said the woke up feeling skinny and then when they got on the scale they had a drop. Well that is how I felt this morning and have been feeling all day. Strange but oh so cool! I feel totally ENERGIZED!

I will not be doing any additional exercise today since I plan to exercise over the weekend. Today will be my "rest" day.

*Another thing* The reason why I feel this plan is EASY and will work for me is for one KEY reason - I do not feel like I'm really giving up much! The things that I have given up to concentrate on MF (like alcohol or eating out too often alone) were the things that were keeping me STUCK. I'm grateful to have let them go. Mind you I know I will eventually have wine again because I enjoy the wine club, but by the time I get back to it, it will be in 1 glass or less on special occasions. I still feel like I was guided somehow to MF and I'm happy about that.

I'm off to read journals.

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby rodeomom » December 7th, 2007, 8:27 am

Hey C - I haven't posted much on your journal, but I do read it. This time I had to say something. It looks like you are doing really well AND that you have an amazing attitude about life right now. That energy and attitude will keep you going for a long time. I know that "small" feeling. By no means am I skinny, but when I look at the jeans I used to wear vs the ones I wear now I get that feeling. I still can't "see" it in the mirror, but I can "feel" it.

Keep up your positive outlook and if you lose it at anytime feel free to look me up and I will try to help you find it again.

Congrats on doing so well. You are on your way to being a better and healthier you!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby CGal67 » December 7th, 2007, 11:02 am

rodeomom wrote:Hey C - I haven't posted much on your journal, but I do read it. This time I had to say something. It looks like you are doing really well AND that you have an amazing attitude about life right now. That energy and attitude will keep you going for a long time. I know that "small" feeling. By no means am I skinny, but when I look at the jeans I used to wear vs the ones I wear now I get that feeling. I still can't "see" it in the mirror, but I can "feel" it.

Keep up your positive outlook and if you lose it at anytime feel free to look me up and I will try to help you find it again.

Congrats on doing so well. You are on your way to being a better and healthier you!

RM,

Thanks for offering an ear for now and the future and a BIG thank you for this sweet message...I appreciate it - A LOT!

One thing that strikes me is that many of us really do not know how to lose weight...meaning what to expect, where to use patience, what obstacles will come and how to get over them. If we really KNEW we would all be thin whenever we desired to do so. It's nice to have understanding people around who let you vent, complain, whine, and most of all celebrate! When I thought I was starting to stall...it triggered a really bad familiar feeling in my gut and upset me in an unexpected way...but thankfully people's journals sort of helped me get through that,not to mention the kind words from Kim & Erica. I know the next time it comes...it will GO away just as quick with a little calmness, patience and a clear head.

Anyway, I really am glad you didn't get stuck up in that barn, I would have hated to hear that you had to EAT bales of hay to stay alive! :lol:

Thanks again!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » December 7th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Hi Carrie, i don't know if you read it in my journal or somewhere else, but i posted about waking up and feeling skinny (and there was a scale drop), so i know what you are talking about. I have pretty much been "dead on" with the way i feel when i get up and what the scale says. I think the skinny feeling comes from the positive feeling of knowing that you are staying OP and the weight will keep dropping. We start to envision ourselves as "thinner" beings and the feelings come along with it.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 7th, 2007, 4:14 pm

L.O.,

I was thinking the skinny feeling was our bodies way of telling us that we've been good and our reward will be waiting on the scale! LOL! *just kidding* But seriously, I felt that way and was thinking it was just my imagination and that the scale would be the same but it wasn't. It was nice to see the change and recognize that my body had adjsted to the changes I've been making. I read some where that the human body is quite smart and quickly adapts to repetative things...so mixing up both food intake (calories) and exercise usually spark a change.

Anyway...enough about that.

I got .4 to get to 199. :mrgreen:

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » December 7th, 2007, 4:24 pm

CGal67 wrote:
I got .4 to get to 199. :mrgreen:

Carrie

WOW! onderland here you come! Oh yeah, about that catching up to me thing we discussed...didn't we have a deal here???? 10lbs already? Sounds like somebody's trying to renig (oops i think its actually spelled renege!) Well you know what i mean!

lifelovinaries

Postby CGal67 » December 7th, 2007, 4:52 pm

I don't think I'll catch you...but the week that I'm in Vegas will be a full week of walking...hopefully I have a huge drop that week. But that is not until January 9th...by then you'll be at 40#'s.
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » December 7th, 2007, 4:59 pm

CGal67 wrote:I don't think I'll catch you...but the week that I'm in Vegas will be a full week of walking...hopefully I have a huge drop that week. But that is not until January 9th...by then you'll be at 40#'s.

ok, you really confused me at first...i thought it was a blank post until i moved the screen a little! Hopefully you are right. I hope my body agrees with what our minds are thinking! According to the calculations in fitday, i should be at about 207 by 01/04/08, that would be 33.6 lbs gone. Not quite 40# club but i will take it. BUT, if my averages pick up a little...

lifelovinaries

Postby CGal67 » December 7th, 2007, 5:03 pm

LO,
If you get some lunges, squats and walking in....you'll be at 40#'s. But if you REALLY want me to catch you...so you can have company - I will. ;) . I hope to be doing a full hour of workouts after this first month goes by. Right now I'm only doing 30 minutes.

By the way...I was trying to put my pic up...seems like I can't. Sent an e-mail to Unca. But do you know how to do it?
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 7th, 2007, 5:04 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:WOW! onderland here you come! Oh yeah, about that catching up to me thing we discussed...didn't we have a deal here???? 10lbs already? Sounds like somebody's trying to renig (oops i think its actually spelled renege!) Well you know what i mean!

Yeah...I was hoping to get to 199 before I recognized the 10 pound loss...that would make me feel like it was official! :mrgreen:
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby queenielou » December 7th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Hey,

Congrats on the 10 lb loss! Onederland is such a great feeling. Good job for being almost there. Isn't it great to know that you're leaving the 200s behind for good? I'm going to Vegas the first week in January - looks like we'll just miss each other. Hope you have a great weekend!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » December 8th, 2007, 4:01 am

CGal67 wrote:By the way...I was trying to put my pic up...seems like I can't. Sent an e-mail to Unca. But do you know how to do it?[/color]

Unca has to put up avatars so you did the right thing!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 8th, 2007, 7:28 am

Congrats on Onederland!!! You're doing really AWESOME on the program!!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby CGal67 » December 8th, 2007, 10:23 am

Out*With*The*Old wrote:Congrats on Onederland!!! You're doing really AWESOME on the program!!

OWTO,

Thanks for the congrats but I actually JUST hit 199.2 today!

I have seen this number before BUT I've never been MORE happy to see it. I guess I'm happy now because it will be the LAST time that number comes up on the scale going upward to 2 hundred and something pounds!!!

I was so happy I was dancing all around my room like a little kid! :exercise:

Last night was such a struggle because I seriously contemplated going out to Karaoke - I really felt like singing. But after a lot of thought I decided to wait until a time when I felt a lot stronger because I didn't want to be tempted into drinking. I literally sat in a chair and thought of all the reasons why drinking would ruin my progress and my compliant days and then opted to just go to bed. I'M REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF RIGHT NOW!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, I have lots to do today. A friend's (co-worker actually) parents lost everything in the flood and since I was debated on buying a new couch and end tables I will go look at some today and then give them the set I have now - which is in great condition! Me and my cousin will be giving them a house full of items...this particular co-worker is a really sweet person and I know her parents didn't have much to start with so to lose it all is really devastating.

I'm in such a good mood today that I almost forgot to eat! LMAO!! Now I can't let that happen.

Oh, yeah...does anyone know why it's so hard to put pictures up?? I was trying to change my avatar.

Enjoy your day!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal