C-Gal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 13th, 2007, 10:13 am

CGal67 wrote:
bikipatra wrote:I love my MBT's. I can always feel them working my butt! And it needs work!

Oh man!! Those dang things really worked my thighs and calves yesterday! I'm glad I bought them. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Carrie

Gooooood morning Mzz Carrie!! Just popped over to wish you a GREAT day today :-P What are MBT's?

Chynna~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 13th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Hello Chynna,

Thanks for the morning welcome. I'm a little swamped today since i have a party to cater for on Saturday and seem to have quite a brain freeze.

MBT's are Massai Barefoot Technology walking shoes. The are designed to alleviate complaints, improve training and increase performance, as well as improve fitness levels and overall health.

Key points:

Activates neglected muscles, improves posture and gait, tones and shapes the body, can help with back, hip, leg and foot problems and can also help with joint, muscle, ligament and tendon injuries.

I love them although they are not the cutest thing you've seen...but they do help with my workouts...especially speed walking!

Carrie
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 13th, 2007, 10:28 pm

DAY 19 :|

I really don't feel like I'm compliant, I realize I actually don't know what that means...but if it's what I think it means then I'm not.

I missed my last meal yesterday and missed two in the middle of the day today at work. I didn't double up on the supp's because I kept thinking I'd catch up. But we got hit with a "tax" emergency for a client and I was working like crazy.

Anyhoo, to me being compliant means not missing meals, not adding crazy foods, not cheating, and getting all your water in. I didn't do that today, nor yesterday. While I certainly have not cheated, I just need to make sure I'm eating properly and at the proper intervals.

Nevertheless I feel great and although I missed two meals today, I will be up a while longer and may get the 5th meal in by 11pm.

My legs are still sore from doing the hills the other day...and my butt muscles hurt too. Each time I took the stairs today I felt my muscles screaming at me. I plan on trying to do some pushup, sit ups and lunges before I hit the hay.

I think the ketosis is distracting me...not feeling hungry makes me feel like I need to set alarm clocks to remember to eat! The funny thing is, the office was filled with TONS of goodies today and I didnt even think about those either. I think the chocolate pudding cures any cravings for Snickers or Hershey's Kisses and things like that.

I bought the team cookies from Cookies By Design and they really loved them! So that concluded 98% of my office gifts, I only have two more gifts to get for two of my really good friends I work with. I love to shop, but only for myself! LMAO! Shopping for others is only fun when you really know them well enough to know what they enjoy!

I will be a cooking FOOL trying to get everything ready for the event I'm catering for. Half of my house is without electricity...so I really have to be careful of what needs to be refrigerated because I'm down to ONE fridge...the other one is dead until the electrician comes.

I can't wait until December is over...I can't wait to go to VEGAS!! I really need a vacation!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby bikipatra » December 14th, 2007, 4:58 am

Really try to get your meals in and not starve yourself. That is essentially what you are doing. I know you don't feel hungry and it is "neat" but if you keep starving you WILL get hungry. Write a schedule down and stick to it. You are supposed to have your first supplement within an hour of getting up. So write down that time and then write down the time two and a half or three hours later, and three hours later than that. It might help if you posted it. I used to in my early days. It looks like this.
7:00 am Shake
10:00am Pudding
1:00 L&g
3:30 Shake
6:30: Shake
9:00 Cocoa
So that way you have your whole day planned and you can have it in front of you. You sound like an astute business woman. Consider the schedule and getting your supplements in a job. No excuses. I can tell you that if you skip supplements you probably will lose more weight. I always did. But it invariably backfired. I was fine and then I suddenly got hungry again from skipping meals and I ate off program. I don't think you want to do that. Follow a simple schedule, drink your water and stay healthy and nourished and lose weight. Simple!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 14th, 2007, 1:35 pm

bikipatra wrote:Really try to get your meals in and not starve yourself. That is essentially what you are doing. I know you don't feel hungry and it is "neat" but if you keep starving you WILL get hungry. Write a schedule down and stick to it. You are supposed to have your first supplement within an hour of getting up. So write down that time and then write down the time two and a half or three hours later, and three hours later than that. It might help if you posted it. I used to in my early days. It looks like this.
7:00 am Shake
10:00am Pudding
1:00 L&g
3:30 Shake
6:30: Shake
9:00 Cocoa
So that way you have your whole day planned and you can have it in front of you. You sound like an astute business woman. Consider the schedule and getting your supplements in a job. No excuses. I can tell you that if you skip supplements you probably will lose more weight. I always did. But it invariably backfired. I was fine and then I suddenly got hungry again from skipping meals and I ate off program. I don't think you want to do that. Follow a simple schedule, drink your water and stay healthy and nourished and lose weight. Simple!

BIKI,

TRUE TRUE and TRUE!! You are so right and I am trying to do better!

I am soooo not trying to miss meals - trust me. I simply let all time get away from me...it gets like that in a tax office. I looked up and 3 hours had gone by and I realized I hadn't ate, hadn't drank anything and hadn't pee'd. It sucked.

Today is going much better yet I'm off so I could wait for my new furniture to be delivered and I still almost missed meals remodeling the living room.

I tried to stick to a schedule the first week doing this and it worked. I think next week I'll be fine once all these events are over with this weekend. I did get 5 of my meals in yesterday...so I'm not starving...I just want to make sure I follow the program to the tee.

Plus...I'm not losing weight. LOL! I'm sooooo stuck on 199...looks like it's a stall, but I'm fine with that.

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby bikipatra » December 14th, 2007, 3:05 pm

It is so good that you are trying! I hope that stall ends soon! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 14th, 2007, 3:37 pm

Hi Carrie! I like Biki hope your stall ends soon too..that
's to be expected sometimes tho. Isn't she (Biki) wonderful with giving such GREAT advice and examples?..also her ace boom is too! (Jo)
Only thing i did differently was to have my L&G around 6:00pm instead of earlier, but that's about it..but you are definitely trying to do evrything you're suppose to do..just keep it up and you won't help but see BIG results:+)))

What style furniture are you getting?...how EXCITING!!!!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby CGal67 » December 16th, 2007, 1:01 pm

DAY 22

Starting stats
Weight = 210.6
Thighs =27.5
Hips = 49
Waist= 41.25

Today's stats

Weight = 199.2
Thighs = 26
Hips = 47
Waist = 37.5

My weight has been the same so much this week that if I didn't have a brand new scale - I'd swear it was broken! :lol: I can't begin to tell you how many times I stepped on and off the scale this morning just to see if it was finally going to move to 198. LMAO! I guess because in the past 24 hours I have been moving NON-STOP, including not only catering the event yesterday but also dancing half the night away so much so that my thighs were burning last night; I sort of expected a drop. But no such luck. My meals were much better although yesterday I only got 5 in...I added extra 1.5 ounces of protein to the last meal cause I ran out of supps while out.

So...hopefully when the scale finally moves again, it moves a few pounds rather than 1. ;) :|

My size 12 pants are beginning to have some looseness in the waist...so maybe I have to continue losing more inches before the weight drops...who knows. I have to admit I look MUCH smaller than 199 and that sort of satisfies me enough for the moment.

Today is bowling. I'm so sore from all the activity of the last few days that I can only hope I bowl okay. Today is position round so we need to win all of our games and I need to bowl well.

CHYNNA - The furniture was a gift from my grammy. It's Italian Leather that is the color of a coffee bean, it's beautiful! I got a sofa, love seat and ottomon (which I use as a coffee table).

Well I have to go unpack my car from all the catering supplies and go pick up my grammy to take her to run her errands.

I can't wait to get home tonight and rest. This week should be less stressful and hopefully that helps with my weight loss.

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » December 16th, 2007, 1:45 pm

I was hoping that your catering event wouldn't cause any problems ( i should have known that it wouldn't!). Besides, you seem to have gotten a great amount of exercise in with all the dancing. Do you have a catering business or is this something that you were just doing for a friend/family member? BTW, my cousin's wife is from Seattle and we were talking about going out there when the weather breaks. When the time gets closer, i will have to let you know because i would love to meet the new, tiny, you!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 16th, 2007, 6:27 pm

WOW, Carrie, my feet hurt just readin about your day! LOL I bet the scale drops soon! Your body is probably trying to recover from all you've got going on......and I know stress is a factor with me and my loss. When I stress too much or overly fret, the darn thing doesn't move and I want to throw it out the window! I have SO much going on in my life right now that it is almost impossible NOT to feel stress....<shakin my head>

I hope the scale fairy visits you soon! You're being really patient :-)
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 17th, 2007, 10:26 am

Good morning Carrie! I do hope you were finally able to rest well last night. Oh and what a sweet grammy you have. I'm just visualizing that furniture in your living room and i KNOW it's just beautiful :-P

Congrat's on the sale going down...hey, a pound is a pound girl..lol!...but did you really take a GOOD look at the inches you've lost already??..that's FANTASTIC!!!!!...to me, they count just as much as the actual poundage lost...so keep on going on..ya doing GREAT :-P

Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby CGal67 » December 17th, 2007, 12:18 pm

DAY 23

Today's weight = 197.2 :mrgreen:

Finally a drop! I got on the scale this morning and figured I'd see the same weight once again but got a shock instead! Hopefully it stays at 197 and doesn't creep back up again. We'll see.

For now, cool beans!

Anyway, today life is back to normal and I do not plan on doing much this week except resting and catching up on some over due exercise.

By the time I left the bowling alley yesterday and got home I fell out on my bed and was out for the count. I don't think I moved until this morning.

The last 3 days felt more like a FULL week - I really have to do better planning of my time. I need to take a few more days off before the end of the year so I don't lose my PTO...so maybe I'll do that around NYE.

By for now...

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 17th, 2007, 12:39 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:I was hoping that your catering event wouldn't cause any problems ( i should have known that it wouldn't!). Besides, you seem to have gotten a great amount of exercise in with all the dancing. Do you have a catering business or is this something that you were just doing for a friend/family member? BTW, my cousin's wife is from Seattle and we were talking about going out there when the weather breaks. When the time gets closer, i will have to let you know because i would love to meet the new, tiny, you!

Erica,

If you come to Seattle I'd love to show you around and meet up for lunch or din din somewhere! An on plan meal of course!

I used to cater full time from 1994-1996 and also did it on the side from 1996-2000. I still do parties/events on occassion if the money is right or if I like the person who is asking me to do it. :D This party was a fundraiser so I really didn't get paid (I just got a nice TIP), they purchased the food and I donated my time preparing it. They loved the food and want to use me again, but the next time they will have to pay me...it was too much work to do it for free.
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 17th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Out*With*The*Old wrote:WOW, Carrie, my feet hurt just readin about your day! LOL I bet the scale drops soon! Your body is probably trying to recover from all you've got going on......and I know stress is a factor with me and my loss. When I stress too much or overly fret, the darn thing doesn't move and I want to throw it out the window! I have SO much going on in my life right now that it is almost impossible NOT to feel stress....<shakin my head>

I hope the scale fairy visits you soon! You're being really patient :-)

K,

You know...I was wonding if stress was the real reason I wasn't losing anything...who knows now. It could just be it wasn't time. Now it's dropped and we'll have to see what happens next. I do look forward to getting into the 180's...and getting into the 20 pound club. :mrgreen:

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 17th, 2007, 12:43 pm

ChynnaDoll wrote:Good morning Carrie! I do hope you were finally able to rest well last night. Oh and what a sweet grammy you have. I'm just visualizing that furniture in your living room and i KNOW it's just beautiful :-P

Congrat's on the sale going down...hey, a pound is a pound girl..lol!...but did you really take a GOOD look at the inches you've lost already??..that's FANTASTIC!!!!!...to me, they count just as much as the actual poundage lost...so keep on going on..ya doing GREAT :-P

Chynna

My grammy is a big sweetie!! I'm just glad she is still around...it's really a blessing!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal