C-Gal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby CGal67 » December 3rd, 2007, 12:58 pm

Well the drive into work and all the dang RAIN has given me time to think. I think I feel sort of bad because I have been struggling with the same numbers for about 5 months now (well a year actually)...floating between 197 and 210 and I let the scale get to me. I was not dieting when the fluctuation occurred, I was simplly exercising other times

I had to remind myself that I have only been doing MF for 8 solid days and today is the 9th day. I have been compliant and simply need to give the plan time...and not only that I have to lose the SAME weight once again to get past the numbers I've already seen a thousand times over the past few months. It sucks but that is life! For all I know I can finish this month with a 15 pound loss and that might be all.

So...this Jedi will have to visit the patience fairy and relax. I have a habit of over analyzing things and that is JUST ME...but for now I have to let it be.

BUT in the mean time...I am going to get myself a gift as a promise to stick with the program. I have to date NEVER done this. The gift is something I've been wanting and also something I know is quite expensive but it's a PROMISE to complete this program through goal in total compliance.

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 4th, 2007, 4:05 am

No worries. If you stick with it you can count on losing. It's that simple. You may experience a few plateaus, but the successful learn to be patient through them and just stick with the program. :D I'm not sure what you're saying about too much sugar. The Medifast products aren't high in sugar....
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 4th, 2007, 5:12 am

Please please please tell us what the gift is! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 4th, 2007, 9:55 am

Hey, C! I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated and hope this might help you look at it a litttle differently....

You've been on plan for 8 days (8 completed days). Your ticker states a los of 7.6 pounds. That's .95 pounds a DAY! I think that ROCKS!!!!!!!!

You're on the right track - stay compliant and the weight WILL come off!

Best of luck to you on a continued string of compliant days!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby CGal67 » December 4th, 2007, 1:32 pm

bikipatra wrote:Please please please tell us what the gift is! :)

Well I will try to put a picture up of what I purchased.
<Edited - No URL, Inserted pic - MM>

The round part is not as big as it looks in the picture and the watch did not cost $458, but only $278 with a client discount I was offered. The watch is beautiful and sparly and makes my hand/wrist look dainty.

Each time I glance at it now I am reminded of why I bought the watch, to be patient...& to remind myself of the promise I made to complete this mission no matter how much time it takes. Right now each time I look at it I smile....

On a good note. Due to not having any BLOAT my size 12 (stretch) jeans went on with no problem today...and they look mighty good. I'm not sure how that happened but who cares! My weight was 204.4 - amazing really.

Carrie
[/img]
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 4th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Out*With*The*Old wrote:Hey, C! I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated and hope this might help you look at it a litttle differently....

You've been on plan for 8 days (8 completed days). Your ticker states a los of 7.6 pounds. That's .95 pounds a DAY! I think that ROCKS!!!!!!!!

You're on the right track - stay compliant and the weight WILL come off!

Best of luck to you on a continued string of compliant days!

Thank you buddy (OWTO)!!

Thanks also to JO!

I really feel like this is a test because this is what always happens and I get frustrated and give up. I will be pushing through this and ignoring the scale for now considering I actually FEEL much better. I don't feel tight and bloated, I don't feel HUGE, I feel lighter even if I'm not and my blood pressure has been remarkable! So for all those things I am looking at progress and not failure.

JO

I guess I have low carbed for so long that I am always staying away from sugar. The labels on some of the product read sugar...although low. I have always used splenda so most things I eat have less than 5 carbs per serving, many had none. That is of course the times I wasn't binging on carbs (pastas, potatoes or risotto). I'm over it now but my entire next order will be 90% shakes because for now I prefer it that way. I have enough soups, puddings and oatmeal to last me another month.

Thanks again you two!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby lifelovinaries » December 4th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Carrie, don't let the scale discourage you so much. I fight daily with the scale, just ask kym (OWTO). I have struggled and complained but refused to give up. My week 3 only had a .7 loss, week 4 ~ .8. So i was at a plateau for 2 weeks with a total down of only 1.5 for those weeks. Was it disappointing? yes. Discouraging? no. i knew the scale would drop at some point if i was remaining compliant. I currently watch the scale fluctuate (up and down, up and down :x ) But i know that i am not changing anything in my plan, i am doing what i am supposed to do so i try my best not to stress over it. Matter of fact, Sunday (roll call) i was only .3 away from joining the 20# club. I just knew that when i woke up on Monday, i was going to have new membership. Well the scale fairy had other plans and dropped a whoppin .8 lbs on me. Now we all know that isn't a WHOLE lot but it pushed me even further away from the next club. One thing i can say is ~ MF teaches me that patience is a virtue. Well, voila!, i woke up this morning firmly in the 20# club by dropping 1.7 overnight. All i'm saying is the scale is going to fluctuate, so pick a day (like Sunday) and believe THAT day. All other weigh ins are just side notes! hey keep your head up! kym did the numbers for you and you have an EXTREMELY high average. keep it up and you will catch up with me! I'm doin half that average and i'm still proud of myself. Just think of it as 7.6 lbs you no longer have to lose!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 4th, 2007, 3:52 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:Carrie, don't let the scale discourage you so much. I fight daily with the scale, just ask kym (OWTO). I have struggled and complained but refused to give up. My week 3 only had a .7 loss, week 4 ~ .8. So i was at a plateau for 2 weeks with a total down of only 1.5 for those weeks. Was it disappointing? yes. Discouraging? no. i knew the scale would drop at some point if i was remaining compliant. I currently watch the scale fluctuate (up and down, up and down :x ) But i know that i am not changing anything in my plan, i am doing what i am supposed to do so i try my best not to stress over it. Matter of fact, Sunday (roll call) i was only .3 away from joining the 20# club. I just knew that when i woke up on Monday, i was going to have new membership. Well the scale fairy had other plans and dropped a whoppin .8 lbs on me. Now we all know that isn't a WHOLE lot but it pushed me even further away from the next club. One thing i can say is ~ MF teaches me that patience is a virtue. Well, voila!, i woke up this morning firmly in the 20# club by dropping 1.7 overnight. All i'm saying is the scale is going to fluctuate, so pick a day (like Sunday) and believe THAT day. All other weigh ins are just side notes! hey keep your head up! kym did the numbers for you and you have an EXTREMELY high average. keep it up and you will catch up with me! I'm doin half that average and i'm still proud of myself. Just think of it as 7.6 lbs you no longer have to lose!

Well YOU GO GIRL!!! Congrats on the 20 pound club!! I'm happy for you and hope you contintue to drop that fat like it's hot!!! LOL!

Thanks for your words!! It means a lot!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby CGal67 » December 5th, 2007, 12:00 pm

DAY 11 - COMPLIANT

Today's weight = 202.2!!! :mrgreen:

It was nice to see a downward change on the scale today...even though I woke up thinking that it would be the same or higher because I did the Slim in Six Ramp it Up workout tape last night. I didn't do the workout as intense as I should have because my muscles are UNUSED....but I did work up a sweat! I finally made it to 950 calories yesterday by taking advice from RODEOMOM and adding a little cream cheese to the chocolate pudding - It was quite yummy!! THANKS RODEOMOM!!

I am wearing another pair of my size 12 pants today! I mostly impressed that I can button them up without half my gut hanging over the top of them. They look nice!

Today is a headphones day at work which means that I want to work without a lot of interruption...so I'm listening to music from the Pandora website - I love this site by the way becasue you customize the music you hear.

Overall I am still feeling good. I'm not sure HOW this eating plan affects my stress level, but it does...in a good way, mind you. It could have something to do with my lower blood pressure.

I have to go to the dentist to get that sleeping contraption tomorrow. I guess I may need it though because last night I was having a strange episode...woke up with a really bad shot going through my head. NOT COOL and pretty scary to say the least. So I can't wait until I get this Sleep Apnea stuff under control.

I brought the wild rice soup to work today and will be having it for the first time today. *hope it's good*

Be back later...

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby queenielou » December 5th, 2007, 12:08 pm

Hey Carrie,

I love Pandora, too! Congrats on the size 12s. I'm just getting there myself and I love how it feels. You're doing great with 11 days of compliance already behind you. I'm sure you've read this over and over again, but it's much easier to stay compliant than to get off track and try to get back on. You'll be at goal before you know it! Keep up the great work :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby CGal67 » December 5th, 2007, 12:23 pm

queenielou wrote:Hey Carrie,

I love Pandora, too! Congrats on the size 12s. I'm just getting there myself and I love how it feels. You're doing great with 11 days of compliance already behind you. I'm sure you've read this over and over again, but it's much easier to stay compliant than to get off track and try to get back on. You'll be at goal before you know it! Keep up the great work :)

Thank you!!

I love being compliant really...maybe my life was more stressful than I realized because something is different. I'm so much more calm.

Pandora is a GOD-send and I met the guy who owns the site...he lives here in Seattle and is quite a hottie!! LOL! Anyway...I put in Jill Scott, Usher, India Arie, Eric Benet, Jade, Maxwell and Amy Winehouse and ended up with a really nice Neo Soul type station that I LOVE!! It certainly keeps me sane at work!

Thanks for stopping by...I read your whole journal last week - glad you're back!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby queenielou » December 5th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Hey Carrie,

I'm gonna try a new station with the artists you mentioned. I was going for a slow, soulful r&b station but I got a few extra songs/artists I didn't really want.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 5th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Hmmmm...never heard of Pandora till now, thanks ladies! Guess what i'm gonna do at work tomorrow??? :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » December 5th, 2007, 11:48 pm

DAY 11- Gold Star :mrgreen:

I will have to let that Wild Rice soup sit a tad longer than I did but overall it was quite delish! I had a good eating day...steamed some green beans to go with my chicken breast - not too bad.

I find that I have been walking all over the place and feel as though I can't sit still. I even type faster than I had been. Strange how we notice these things. My pants stayed fastened today and never once did they feel tight. Matter of fact, I noticed some room in the hips which really surprised me. I just hope my upper body can merge out of the dang 14/16 range - I can't have size 12 bottoms and size 16 top...that's nuts!

REFLECTION

I can't RELAX on this plan. It's not a good idea to relax. I had a conversation with my co-worker today about how I have exercised or dieted in the past and relaxed and then stopped trying to lose weight. By relax I mean I don't want to get too excited by numbers so I can't relax until I go across the finish line. I may even have to do a few extra laps for G.P. just to make sure I CAN relax when it's an appropriate time. The main culprit in the past was hanging out instead of coming home...so I have been doing GREAT in comparison to things in the past because I have been home every day. I have to admit the PROMISE watch was a good idea and great reminder! My daughter said it was a backwards way of doing things but to me it really is making sense. I am reminded all day long of what I am doing because I'm constantly looking at the watch to see if it's time for my next meal. LMAO! Genius!
Soooo...I have between 65 & 73 pounds to lose before I can slow down.

I AM SORE! :o My abs are killing me. That dang SLIM in 6 tape is a killer workout and today I pushed myself to do each thing on there. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to move. My legs are already starting to look better...but they are always the first things to show improvement. I guess those squats and lunges are paying off. They say when the body is full of protein...it's quite easy to build muscle.

I have been trying to plan things to do next month when I go to Vegas. I plan to go see TONY & TINA's Vegas Wedding...I hear it's pretty funny and entertaining. I'll have to bring MF with me though because I hear the food served at the wedding is Italian - which probably has NO meat! All I really want to do is walk around and SHOP. I could do that all day long. I am really hoping to be in the 20#+ club by then, so who knows maybe I can even jog??

OTHER STUFF

11 days on MF and I tell you I notice sooooo much difference in my body. I feel CLEAN on the inside. I'm sure that sounds odd but I do. My insomnia went away...so now I just need to BREATHE while I'm sleep and my problems may be solved. Someone told me that I look well rested...and I think that is due more to MF than anything since I am still not getting more than 6 hours of sleep a night.

I slacked on the water today. Been cold all day long so it was a little hard to drink water, even at room temperature.

Exercise:

Slim n 6, push ups, lunges.

11 days down...89 to go!

Carrie
Proud Member

210/184/130ish
CGal67

Postby bikipatra » December 6th, 2007, 2:27 am

I need to start doing lunges again. Thanks for the reminder! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal