Sunday Morning Roll Call April 24, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby dlr2424 » April 24th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Bess...........I'm sending out a TEAM of the MEDIANGELS right now................ :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:.... Also I'll send out Mr. FLAB ZAPPER........... :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
Lots of hugs......... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sister » April 24th, 2005, 5:19 pm

I am so excited for everyone this week!!
Obviously, Medifast DOES work.

I can only report .5 lb. loss this week but I am super fine with that! I just knew I had gained - the program was tough to do correctly this week. I'm back on track now and look forward to a great upcoming week!

24K ~ We have been on pretty much the same journey, I'm just a few days behind you, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! on the 50 pound mark. I've been stuck at 48 for quite some time. You've been a great inspiration for me.

Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby twblues » April 25th, 2005, 5:37 am

I had a great week! Down 3.5 lbs, for a total of 17 lbs.
twblues
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 25th, 2005, 7:09 am

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

Heidi and I had so much going on this weekend we didn't even have time to check in for the Sunday weigh in.

I am posting my numbers now..........I had a loss of 3 pounds, giving me a 6 week total of 30.5 Pounds. I began at 244.5 and am now at 214.

Yay.........I am in the 30 pound club!!

I don't know how much more I am going to lose.........at first I was going for 215, then I thought maybe 210. We shall see..

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 25th, 2005, 7:50 am

Wow, Congrats to everyone. You are doing great! :goteam:

Weigh to go, Dean. 30# in 6 weeks is awesome dude. :kool:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » April 25th, 2005, 8:03 am

Congrats to everyone on their losses....24K 50 pounds woohoo!!!!

It was my 22nd anniversary this last weekend and we went out of town and of course were off plan. So I know I have gained, I was afraid to get on the scale, and will probably not report until next weekend.

weigh to go everyone!!!

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 25th, 2005, 8:12 am

Dean -- thirty pounds in six weeks?? If we didn't love ya so much we'd hate ya! ;)

Congratulations. So you think you might keep on going for a bit? How tall are you?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 25th, 2005, 8:56 am

24KaratGold wrote:Dean -- thirty pounds in six weeks?? If we didn't love ya so much we'd hate ya! ;)

Congratulations. So you think you might keep on going for a bit? How tall are you?

Ha....yeah, I would probably hate me too. :mrgreen:

I took off nearly half the 30 pounds in my first week. I actually lost 13.5 pounds that week. So as you can see, for the rest of the time, I averaged a very middle of the road 3.4 pounds or so. There was one week where I stayed at the same weight as well.

As I have said, all my extra weight was in my gut.......with maybe a tad in my face. The gut is gone.......but could be even smaller, this is why I may go another 5 pounds or so.

I am 6'0" tall. The recommended BMI weight of 184 does not work for me. I would look emaciated at that weight. I mentioned once that in my much younger days, I was at an amusement park watching this person accurately guessing the weight of many people. If he missed by more than 2 pounds in either direction, the people would win a prize. He rarely missed, and if he did it was still very close. I stepped up and he guessed me at 145............I got on the scale and the needle took off like a shot and finally landed on 187. I know he wanted to accuse me of cheating somehow, but all I had on was a tee shirt and shorts.......so, there was no way I had any weights strapped to me.

Anyow, I will see what happens this week, then I will decide whether to begin the transitional phase.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Guest » April 25th, 2005, 9:25 am

Dean,

I'm that way, too. People tend to guess my weight to be about 40 lbs. less than it is. I'm losing weight for health reasons, so I hope I can reach my proper BMI weight. But if I look too thin, I'll stop short of it. Those numbers don't work for every body.

Postby twblues » April 25th, 2005, 9:26 am

Oops, that guest was me!
twblues
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 25th, 2005, 9:36 am

twblues wrote:Oops, that guest was me!

I hate when that happens! hehe

Yes, there are many different types of frames and muscle density scattered across the population. It is very hard for me to imagine that there could be only one proper BMI for everyone.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby doglover » April 25th, 2005, 11:34 am

Hello friends! I sure did miss ya all this weekend! Had a great trip to Chgo and missed a lot of the snow! Yeah!

I did not bring my scale and just got home this afternoon so have not weighed. But I wanted to come in and tell EVERYONE congrats on your losses or if small (or none) on your attitude!!!

My friend Donna.....wow - 4.6 lbs! You are moving along at full speed!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 25th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Sorry I'm late -- I was a bit self-absorbed this weekend...! But I wanted to at least post a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to 24K for reaching the 50 pound mark! (Looks like Hawaii didn't slow you up one bit!) And also to Kassilou, who hung in there despite a slow week last time. (Bk, looks like you'll have to pass the prize this week, but you gotta be fair and pass it around! It'll come back to you soon, I know it! :mrgreen:) Dean-- 30 pounds-- you're shrinking like a grape in the sun-- woo-hoo! And twblues, I'm glad you had a great week; you deserved one!

Great job Donna (dlr) on your big loss, too! And Sherri, Bess, Spunky, Jennifer... don't worry. Everybody has big weeks and little weeks; your patience will be rewarded real soon. The proof's in the Medipudding!

:yay: (<-- Nanner puddin')
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

uh oh Raederle

Postby LilMsTexas » April 25th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Jodie.........what's up girlie? I see that you must have moved a teensey bit away from your goal weight. I hope not more than 5. That is my "plan" when this is all said and done..........never to be more than 5lbs over my goal weight ever ever again! I'm gonna have a medifast holster loaded with two "six shooters" 2 medifast packets that is, to be on the ready if I need to hop right back on the horse! Looks like that's what you're doing too. Or..........did you decide to go smaller? 8)
WAZ UP?? Spell it out for me. Inquiring (that's fancy for nosey) minds wanna know! :D
Hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby raederle » April 25th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Hey Chris! Thanks for askin'-- I posted a long version of the story over in the Maintenance thread, but the short version is that I miraculously gained 10 pounds in 4 days. :shock: So, yup, it was always my plan to never stray more than 5 pounds from goal, so when I saw the number today, I got right back on the 5&1 Mediwagon. After freaking out for about half a day, of course... :mrgreen: It's my own fault, of course, and I think much of the gain is water, etc. that's quickly (hopefully!) shed (a fact pointed out to me by cooler heads here at the forum!). So I'm pushing the reset button before this gets too outta control and I'm startin' at Day One today, at 133.8. (Yikes!) Heck, it was gettin' way too crowded in the 20# club anyway! :roll: :mrgreen: See what good a friend I am to ya? I gained the weight on purpose just to show y'all how easy it is to get it back off again in maintenance... Yeah, yeah, that's it! ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call